By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Rumours* Fire Emblem switch details in January direct

Calling fake after some thought and a quick look at some responses in the 4chan thread. Due to the "leak" missing at least one definite game that was supposed to be shown off in the January direct.

There is no mention at all of the EA game titled 'Fe', the game that had internal docs leaked which pretty much confirmed the January presentation.

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Nier isn't happening on Switch. It has issues on base PS4.

It targets 60FPS on that system.

I think with some optimisation / a few cut-downs, the game will run just fine.

It drops and struggled a little in some areas.

Seems fake and if so I'mg lad it is because this looks very underwhelming.

SegataSanshiro said:
caffeinade said:

It targets 60FPS on that system.

I think with some optimisation / a few cut-downs, the game will run just fine.

It drops and struggled a little in some areas.

I played on PC and got a 60FPS lock the whole time, so I don't know how bad it gets on the PS4.
Having played through the game, I saw some areas that could be cut down to better fit on the Switch.
I cannot think of any, right now, unfortunately.

And hey, maybe they will fix the PC version while they are at it.

This post is most likely not accurate, but I DO hope that FFXV with the amiibo happen. It would be great to see a main entry in Final Fantasy back on a Nintendo system.

I also think that Nier could happen at some point, Platinum has a really good relationship with Nintendo and they've actually expressed interest in porting it to the switch (they've mentioned the same with FFXV several times as well)

Not to mention Square Enix keeps saying that they want to port as much as possible to Switch so both those games are certainly possible.

At least, I really hope both of those games come over as they are both on my 3rd party wish list lol 

Around the Network

So they're gonna detail games as far as Fall but not have a single new 1st party game in all that time? And Kirby, who already has a name and launch window, is gonna somehow release after not just Yoshi, but Fire Emblem as well?
*Sees "4chan"*
Ah, now it all makes sense!

AnmolRed said:

This is still a rumor, but seemed interesting enough (4 Chan)

> Fire Emblem Mutiny - 5.4.2018
> Fire Emblem Mutiny Special Edition w/ Hizir and Bontessa amiibo, soundtrack CD and coin - 5.4.2018
> Purple and Gold Joy-Cons - 5.4.2018
> BoxBoy! Collection - 1.26.2018
> Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta 1 - 2.16.2018
> Yoshi's Pop-Up - 3.9.2018
> Street Fighter: 30th Anniversary Collection - 5.18.2018
> Kirby Star Allies - 6.8.2018
> Pink Joy-Cons - 6.8.2018
> Dark Souls - Summer
> Lost Sphear - 1.23.2018
> Dragon Quest Builders - 2.9.2018
> Final Fantasy XV - Summer
> Noctis, Prompto, Ignis and Gladiolus amiibo - Summer
> Nier: Automata - Fall
> Octopath Voyage (previously Project Octopath Traveler) - 9.9.2018
> Octopath Voyage Special Edition - 9.9.2018
> GTA V - Fall

Don't expect Pokemon, Smash Bros, Animal Crossing, Pikmin or Metroid news.

Link:- http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/402547020#p402547020

This is interesting, thanks for posting here.   Obviously it's impossible to know what is true and what is false at this point. I am holding out hope that we get Smash in some form or another.  How else could Nintendo expect 2018 to be as big as 2017?  Mobile GTA 5 is going to sell very well IMO.

Sounds solid for the most part, though there are things that make me question it's validity, which I'll get to in a bit.

Anything with the words "Fire Emblem" has me sold. And on May 4th? That would make a damn good Friday for me! Go to GameStop to pick up the Special Edition, and then head to the Movie Theater with my friends to watch Infinity War! Purple and Gold joy cons, I'd assume that those are the main colors of the game since they'd be launching alongside them. I'd have to see them first to decide (again, assuming this is true.)

Yoshi and Kirby, I think are guaranteed.

Dark Souls - I can see this happening since it's a PS3/360 game from 2011, (just like Skyrim) and this could do well on the Switch. Though, if this does end up happening, I really hope they have II and III coming to the system in the not too distant future.

Lost Sphear and Dragon Quest Builders - Eh.

Final Fantasy XV and NieR: Automata - Now, this is the part of this rumor that makes me think this is bullshit. Personally, I have no doubt that Final Fantasy, mainline Final Fantasy, will make a return to a Nintendo platform, and I do believe the Switch will be that platform and XV will be that game. Especially since Square Enix and the developers themselves have hinted at it 

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-version-of-final-fantasy-15-under-/1100-6453479/ 

... But, this soon? Summer 2018? With how big and graphically demanding that game is? There are times where the PS4 has trouble running it. The only way I could see that game running respectively and exceptionally well on the Switch is an upgraded revision. The Switch's equivalent to the New 3DS, the PS4 Pro, and the Xbox One X. The launch Switch model, however? I have an extremely difficult time seeing how that can be a possibility with a game like this. So, I'll chalk this one up into the "I'll Believe It When I See It" Category.

As for NieR: Automata, I believe this more than I believe Final Fantasy XV at least. But, again, I'll see it when I believe it.

Octopath Voyage (Project Octopath Traveler) - I believe this one. And a September 9th release? That's my birthday!!! 

Grand Theft Auto V - This is the biggest one of them all. Before, I would have thought, "Absolutely not. No way in hell. Not gonna happen." But, I'd be willing to believe it for 3 reasons

1) Seeing as how L.A. Noire got a Switch port and did decently I'd say. When it has a better opening than the Xbox One version, that's gotta count for something, right? With the decent opening for that game and the continuously incredible sales of the Switch, sometimes even record-breaking, I could see how RockStar can view porting GTA V to the Switch as more of a financial gain than a loss.

2) The game was originally a PS3/360 title, so the Switch should easily be able to run it. 

3) One of the biggest topics that we have continuously talking about with the Nintendo Switch and what it needs to really succeed and succeed in a big way, is strong 3rd party support. And we've seen how all of these developers have come forward and announced that they are developing games and porting games to the Switch and how Nintendo has really made a serious effort to bring 3rd parties on board.

There is no bigger 3rd party title that Nintendo could possibly get on their system to help sell it to a crowd beyond the usual Nintendo crowd, both handheld and console, then Grand Theft Auto Fucking Five! If there was any 3rd party game or any 3rd party franchise that would guarantee success for a Nintendo system, it's this one. 

I still have my doubts about it happening, especially with it being a part of a January Direct, that is also not confirmed. But, it's certainly not out of the question like it was before.

I'll be pretty disappointed if the "No Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, or Pikmin" bit were true. I can understand why there would be no Metroid or Pokemon, those two games, I'd imagine, are still in their early stages of development and they won't have anything solid to show off for quite some time. But with Animal Crossing and Pikmin, it's about to be 5 years since Pikmin 3, and 5 and a half to 6 years since AC: New Leaf. And with Pocket Camp already out on mobile, it should only be a matter of time before we see Animal Crossing on the Switch, it's certainly much farther along than Pokemon and Metroid. So, what are they waiting for? They need to make announcements now about 2018 to ensure that they continue to build upon the momentum they established in 2017. So, they need to announce Animal Crossing sooner, rather than later. Same goes for Pikmin, which also should have been in development for quite some time. As for Smash Bros, if we don't get an announcement here, that would increase the likeliness that it’s Smash 5 as opposed to Smash 4 Deluxe.

Everything sounded believable until it mentioned it FFXV.

GTA V on the Switch given current software restraints does not sound believable unless they are cutting out the online mode entirely.

I know GTA V came out on last gen hardware but the amount of updates the online portion has had are insane to think they could cram it on a 32 GB cart or that it wouldn't eventually eat up more then half of even a 128 GB memory card.