By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Rumours* Fire Emblem switch details in January direct

Not showing any footage of Animal Crossing is a waste. Unless they are doing its own direct, but it still needs to get announced.

FFXV...... Nier.... GTA.......

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Neir Automata? One can dream.

Rocketjay8 said:
Neir Automata? One can dream.

It would be pretty logical that the game would come to Switch. Any single player focused game that could run on the system would make sense to be brought to the system. Especially when it comes from a 3rd party which has huge ties to Nintendo.

AnmolRed said:
SegataSanshiro said:
lol 4chan "leaks"

As people on there are saying "seems bad enough to be true" 

Nier isn't happening on Switch. It has issues on base PS4.

AnmolRed said:
We'll know by tomorrow 9AM PT

How? It says Tuesday

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

4chan leaks? Oh my

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Does anyone think that "leaks" can be proven true or false just by going through and counting all of the titles to see if it matches up with the Amazon listings and how many $60 games it had along with various special editions.

The lead designer (Takihisa Taura) for Nier: Automata did say at the begining of 2017.

"From our perspective in PlatinumGames, if Square Enix pays us to do it, we'll make you a version for the Switch, we'll make you a version for the Super Nintendo if you want – anything you ask for."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/01/nier_automata_designer_is_open_to_the_idea_of_a_switch_port

So even though the probability is really low, who knows maybe Square did pay Platinum to work on a Switch port after the success of the system.

Still doubting this rumor though.

SegataSanshiro said:
AnmolRed said:

As people on there are saying "seems bad enough to be true" 

Nier isn't happening on Switch. It has issues on base PS4.

It targets 60FPS on that system.

I think with some optimisation / a few cut-downs, the game will run just fine.

As with the other apparent 'leaks', nothing here seems too unrealistic, I could see some of them happening.

But what makes me believe this is fake is the fact that there are no new first party announcements or anything like that. I don't believe Nintendo will go through this whole direct without one new first party announcement at least. We still have almost no idea what's coming in 2018 if this was true. 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 07 January 2018