By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - *Rumours* Fire Emblem switch details in January direct

I mean, it'd be kinda disappointing not to know anything about new IPs or Pokémon/Metroid/Retro but man, would a Pirate Fire Emblem be cool

Around the Network

Seems people only care about ports? Tha tis all that is being talked about, or as usual Smash.

I would love this direct.
Fire Emblem, and not only just new news, but freaking out super soon.
Kirby and Yoshi, not my games, but still big IP from Nintendo and filling in gaps.
Octopath release date and name.

You guys do release that this is not E3, something I feel like we need to restate every time a new Direct is announced/shown.

Switch has no need to show off any new big games that are holiday titles. They can save that for E3. Imagine seeing Pokémon for the first time at E3, or Smash, or Animal Crossing and the being told out in like 4 months. That would be awesome. Not a big fan of announcing games and then waiting 4 years to play it (see BotW for example)

For the title... no shit.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Also, I barely think they will be stupid enough to call the game octopath voyage. That’s clearly someone making a shitty guess based on working title.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

palou said:
Also, I barely think they will be stupid enough to call the game octopath voyage. That’s clearly someone making a shitty guess based on working title.

tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they kept "Octopath" in the title, most people already refer to the game as simply Octopath so it would prevent any kind of misunderstanding 

Bandorr said: 
Feels like there is another thread about Switch rumors every day.

The direct(which its self is a rumor I believe) is only 2 or 3 days away. Just wait and enjoy.

We already know FF15 isn't coming to switch. The guy actually came out and said that. Not before PC - so 100% not summer.

the Direct itself is guaranteed to be happening in January due to a EA leak about Fe, but we have no idea WHEN in January it'll be nor which games will be featured in it other than Fe (although Kirby, Yoshi and Octopath are all very likely since they are all scheduled for early 2018 OR were featured in the last Direct in September)

Last edited by Luke888 - on 08 January 2018

Around the Network
SegataSanshiro said:
lol 4chan "leaks"

4chan leaks were right about some stuff in the Switch presentation.

NoirSon said:
GTA V on the Switch given current software restraints does not sound believable unless they are cutting out the online mode entirely.

I know GTA V came out on last gen hardware but the amount of updates the online portion has had are insane to think they could cram it on a 32 GB cart or that it wouldn't eventually eat up more then half of even a 128 GB memory card.

It wouldn't be as big as the Ps4 and XB1 versions and they cold make the online a separate download.

Looks fake. "Octopath Voyage" when the game looks nothing like a boating game. With the title, Fire Emblem Mutiny, I think this guy has pirates on his mind.

Yoshi's Pop-Up is a really weird title when the much more apt title "Yoshi Switch" is more likely the title.

Why would they feature so many Square Enix games and not have a Square Enix dedicated event? Seems very odd.

Lastly, Nintendo Directs always focus on Nintendo published software - this looks weird for a year kickoff event.

Fake.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

So many Direct rumors, it's getting out of hand

Feel like most of these rumors are just predictions rather than real rumors too

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]