By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2017 was solid year for Xbox One sales in spite of exclusvies.

Loving BC. Gears 3 has a solid population bump because of it. Around 2.5k (inc horde) players for a 2011 game is great. Gonna finally get to rank 100 which I never got around to when I was playing it in 2011/12.

Having said that, I doubt its having an effect on sales, but existing owners are loving it I can tell.

Around the Network

As far as many people still believes, things like BC or multimedia extras are NOT a major thing for Big Sales.
Xbox One is doing just OK but it's going to end with less sales than the X360.

After the initial disaster of the always online, Kinect and a higher price, MS still managed to keep supporting the XOne (Of course, they have a lot of money).
But even in the USA, the PS4 is just selling better

Considering sales have been close to 2015 and 2016 it have been stable.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

adisababa said:
I have faith in the Xbox One being a viable platform, it's still successful and a very sustainable platform perfectly adequate to play all the popular games this gen.

2018 will be a great year in terms of first-party games for the Xbox, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, Ashen, The Last Night and Forza Horizon 4 are all interesting games that do have the potential to be great if done right.

Can't wait for what they have to offer, especially the new Fable and Halo 6.

Last I heard of Fable was Lionhead being cancelled... there have been announcement about Fable, rumors or just your expectation?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

kazuyamishima said:
As far as many people still believes, things like BC or multimedia extras are NOT a major thing for Big Sales.

After the initial disaster of the always online, Kinect and a higher price, MS still managed to keep supporting the XOne (Of course, they have a lot of money).

Well if their next box is still in the Xbox One family, its possible they would surpass 360. I believe the X1X is gonna be relevant in the 9th gen, especially if it can handle 9th gen games well at $199-$250.

The initial disaster of X1 wasn't really that bad. They fixed the major issues prior to launch, the Kinect was removed to lower the price, and MS never made significant price cuts to stay competitive. So even though MS has a lot of money, they didn't do a lot to undercut PS4. Frankly, I don't believe MS was interested in losing money on Xbox. Regardless, the console has thrived fairly well, its a very relevant platform, and Xbox software is now used to prop up Windows Store.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
What? If your not winning, then it doesn't matter if you have a viable platform.

At least thats what people tell me about a PlayStation Phone and PlayStation Portable.

I agree with you though. XBO is doing well. I believe this gen is going to be just as long as last gen or longer, and when it is all said and done, I can see XBO selling roughly the same as the 360. I see both Sony and Microsoft trying to slam the door on devices like Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and Apple TV once they move to 7nm. We should see $99.99 PS4 Super Slim and XBOSS in 2019 or 2020, and that will help push the platforms into the furthest reaches of the market.

Microsoft is doing an awesome job building a solid platform with backwards comparability and Play Anywhere, they are making Xbox a very worth while product. These kinds of moves make it comfortable to jump into the platform at any time, and know you have access to games for years to come, and your entire library if you had a previous product.

I have faith that they will sort out there 1st party issues. They have a long way to go to compete with Sony and Nintendo, but as I opened with. You don't have to be winning/the market leader to be successful.

Despite Microsoft mess ups at the begining of the generation, they could hit 360 sales when it all said and done is amazing. Next generation just don't mess up the messaging and keep the console competitively priced and you should do a lot better by default. Also, having Minecraft on xbox and not ps5 should help a lot.

Mr Puggsly said:
kazuyamishima said:

Well if their next box is still in the Xbox One family, its possible they would surpass 360. I believe the X1X is gonna be relevant in the 9th gen, especially if it can handle 9th gen games well at $199-$250.

The initial disaster of X1 wasn't really that bad. They fixed the major issues prior to launch, the Kinect was removed to lower the price, and MS never made significant price cuts to stay competitive. So even though MS has a lot of money, they didn't do a lot to undercut PS4. Frankly, I don't believe MS was interested in losing money on Xbox. Regardless, the console has thrived fairly well, its a very relevant platform, and Xbox software is now used to prop up Windows Store.

Agree with you, MS corrected most of its big shortcomings and it was without infering in costs... they only didn't correct their 1st party releases, but thhat didn't seem to bother most of the userbase. So yes I think X1 was a financial success and the coming back have nothing to do with MS economical prowess but good relationship on the market.

So...It looks like sales are going to be pretty much flat this year compared to the last two. Doesn't that also mean that BC, the One S, the One X, and nearly constant sales and deals have only managed to keep One sales stable? Is that good?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

DonFerrari said:
adisababa said:
I have faith in the Xbox One being a viable platform, it's still successful and a very sustainable platform perfectly adequate to play all the popular games this gen.

2018 will be a great year in terms of first-party games for the Xbox, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, Ashen, The Last Night and Forza Horizon 4 are all interesting games that do have the potential to be great if done right.

Can't wait for what they have to offer, especially the new Fable and Halo 6.

Last I heard of Fable was Lionhead being cancelled... there have been announcement about Fable, rumors or just your expectation?

Lionhead was shut down, Fable Legends (a mediocre online game) was cancelled.

Fable is still popular, the question is who's gonna continue it? Thus far its just rumors but its silly to think the IP is dead.

Even X1 remasters of the trilogy would be nice just to have the visuals cleaned up for modern consoles. They do well on PC as well given there is a RPG following there.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I think people are knocking it’s numbers because 1) the X launched, and you would think new super powered hardware would give it a much bigger boost, and 2) a lot of the hardcore Xbox fans have been claiming power is the main driving force behind console sales, claiming it’s the main reason why PS4 has done so well. Yet, here we are with both the base PS4 and significantly weaker Nintendo Switch dominating the sales charts. I guess it’s more of an “I told you so” scenario, since said hardcore Xbox fans were claiming things would automatically turn around once X was out.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon