By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Chart - DECEMBER 9TH 2017

Carl2291 said:
DonFerrari said:

Actually no, I answered your post as soon as I read it, then I read the other ones.

But the initial point on this argument of price is stand alone. PS3 launching for 399 would win the gen, the fact that Sony would go under pertains to the cost to make the units not to the price sensitiveness of the market.

The PS3 launching at that price would force Sony to kill the machine and relaunch with something that wouldn't cripple the company.

Be realistic if you're going to do classic comparisons. Don't hit people with ifs and buts.

Still that wasn't the argument he was making on that point and strictly on price point he wasn't being ridiculous to infer that at the right price PS3 would win. And changing BD to DVD and Cell to common architeture wouldn't make PS3 less PS3, because the SW would still come similarly.

BD and Cell were a bad gamble on the cost reduction perspective.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Carl2291 said:

The PS3 launching at that price would force Sony to kill the machine and relaunch with something that wouldn't cripple the company.

Be realistic if you're going to do classic comparisons. Don't hit people with ifs and buts.

Still that wasn't the argument he was making on that point and strictly on price point he wasn't being ridiculous to infer that at the right price PS3 would win. And changing BD to DVD and Cell to common architeture wouldn't make PS3 less PS3, because the SW would still come similarly.

Change BD and Cell then it isn't the PS3, it's a different machine.

"The PS3 would have won if it didn't have BD and Cell and launched at $399!"

"The Xbox One would be winning if they didn't pull anti-consumer practices and launched at $299."

It's all bollocks. It's embarrassing.

Carl2291 said:
DonFerrari said:

"The Xbox One would be winning if they didn't pull anti-consumer practices and launched at $299."

Nope X1 wouldn't win even launching at 299 and you know it, case in point... X360 launched earlier, cheaper, with better infra, better performance on MP and still lost to Sony being more expensive, etc... PS Brand is clearly over MS and on consoles even Nintendo.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Skeeuk said:
I think people are overreacting to switch. I don't think its momentum will carry on long term but on the other hand because its not really a home console it could do well as a handheld let's wait and see

Either way, if millions of people buy it, It will succeed.

DonFerrari said:
Carl2291 said:

Nope X1 wouldn't win even launching at 299 and you know it, case in point... X360 launched earlier, cheaper, with better infra, better performance on MP and still lost to Sony being more expensive, etc... PS Brand is clearly over MS and on consoles even Nintendo.

There's as much proof for the Xbox statement as there is for the PlayStation statement.

The overall point is that it didn't happen, it couldn't happen and the only reason it's being brought up is to protect peoples feelings on which company is apparently bigger than another one.

Like I said, it's embarrassing.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
DonFerrari said:

There's as much proof for the Xbox statement as there is for the PlayStation statement.

The overall point is that it didn't happen, it couldn't happen and the only reason it's being brought up is to protect peoples feelings on which company is apparently bigger than another one.

Like I said, it's embarrassing.

PS3 tying with X360 and being less than 15M bellow Wii suggest strongly that launching for 200 USD less it would pass both, sustained by Sony dominating on PS1,2 and 4. Much more than X1 launching for 299 would cover the 2:1 difference against PS4.

You are basically saying that if one change of 100 USD for the base PS3 would improve PS3 sales by 20-25% it should also do 100% for X1, that is what would be embarassing.

DonFerrari said:

PS3 tying with X360 and being less than 15M bellow Wii suggest strongly that launching for 200 USD less it would pass both, sustained by Sony dominating on PS1,2 and 4. Much more than X1 launching for 299 would cover the 2:1 difference against PS4.

You are basically saying that if one change of 100 USD for the base PS3 would improve PS3 sales by 20-25% it should also do 100% for X1, that is what would be embarassing.

I'm saying the entire argument around a $399 PS3 that isn't actually the PS3 dominating the market is an embarrassment trying to hide the true facts that for the vast majority of the generation they were in 3rd place and ended up literally millions behind the Wii.

Let it go. They fucked up on design, price, games and it was all down to their own arrogance. No amount of "what ifs" will change that.

Carl2291 said:
DonFerrari said:

I'm saying the entire argument around a $399 PS3 that isn't actually the PS3 dominating the market is an embarrassment trying to hide the true facts that for the vast majority of the generation they were in 3rd place and ended up literally millions behind the Wii.

Let it go. They fucked up on design, price, games and it was all down to their own arrogance. No amount of "what ifs" will change that.

I don't know what's embarrassing about pointing out the obvious. who cares if they were third pace the whole generation, they ended up second and sold 87 million, despite all the huge mistakes, and thats even with 360 even getting a huge kinect boost, which made it stay in second place much longer then it should have. everyone points out the what ifs for xbox one, but there mistakes aren't anywhere as bad as ps3, since it matched ps4 price within a few months, then lowered it within a year

I give in, it's like being at school.

Carl2291 said:
I give in, it's like being at school.

Were you the highest grade?