By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - School Shooting Trainer for Teachers

o_O.Q said:

if someone said... "-_- can you really believe bro that they are selling locks for property instead of dealing with the thief problem?" that would be dumb right?

Banning guns for the most part (and getting rid of them, which is the really hard part) is a clear solution to the shooting problem. Can you find such a solution to the thieving problem? I mean, you can't effectively ban 'thieving equipment' because you hardly need any, and what you need has a lot of legit use as well.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
o_O.Q said:

if someone said... "-_- can you really believe bro that they are selling locks for property instead of dealing with the thief problem?" that would be dumb right?

Banning guns for the most part (and getting rid of them, which is the really hard part) is a clear solution to the shooting problem. Can you find such a solution to the thieving problem? I mean, you can't effectively ban 'thieving equipment' because you hardly need any, and what you need has a lot of legit use as well.

you cut out the part where i mention the millions of guns already in circulation... what are you going to do about that? raid everyone's home to take away the guns they already possess?

lets be ridiculous and say you do that and some people hide their guns out in the woods, what's stopping them from taking them up and going on shooting sprees again?

"Can you find such a solution to the thieving problem?"

you didn't provide a solution, you simply ignored reality as people that adopt the "victim blaming" ideology always do

"what you need has a lot of legit use as well."

guns have a legitimate use as well, such as ending government tyranny

Last edited by o_O.Q - on 06 January 2018

o_O.Q said:
Zkuq said:

you cut out the part where i mention the millions of guns already in circulation... what are you going to do about that? raid everyone's home to take away the guns they already possess?

lets be ridiculous and say you do that and some people hide their guns out in the woods, what's stopping them from taking them up and going on shooting sprees again?

you didn't provide a solution, you simply ignored reality as people that adopt the "victim blaming" ideology always do

I literally said getting rid of the existing guns is the really hard part. You compared guns and thieving in a logically unsound way, and that is the only part I wrote about. The solution to the gun problem is simple and effective but really, really hard to pull off. There doesn't exist anything similar to the thieving problem: Beyond countering the criminals, there just isn't anything comparable to banning most guns. And just to make this clear: I'm not even slightly suggesting that banning guns is a viable solution. I'm saying it's a solution that would most likely work if it could be pulled off, but nothing similar exists to solve the thieving problem.

As for your last point, I'm aware of that. Tools used for thefts have more immediate legit uses though. The tools used for thefts have everyday use in a lot of jobs. The use for guns is on a level that isn't really comparable. I'm not saying whether either is better in the long run, but in the short run, almost nothing would change if guns were largely banned - but a lot would change if tools used for thefts were banned.

o_O.Q said:
Zkuq said:

So what if millions of guns won't be caught? You're still gonna have less guns and people won't be able to get anymore easily. That will definitely lower the number of fatal shootings short term and long term even more. People dying less isn't worth it?

Also, I never understood that thing about protecting yourself against the government or even overtaking it. You do know the government has an army, do you? Have fun with your semi automatic rifles against tanks and trained soldiers in heavy armor.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I can’t really imagine any schools using this. Kind of a waste of resources. We do get trainings on what to do when there is a shooter in the building and do drills too (students don’t really take it seriously, but at least they know what they are supposed to do).

The video game approach just seems too detached to be effective.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
o_O.Q said:

I literally said getting rid of the existing guns is the really hard part. You compared guns and thieving in a logically unsound way, and that is the only part I wrote about. The solution to the gun problem is simple and effective but really, really hard to pull off. There doesn't exist anything similar to the thieving problem: Beyond countering the criminals, there just isn't anything comparable to banning most guns. And just to make this clear: I'm not even slightly suggesting that banning guns is a viable solution. I'm saying it's a solution that would most likely work if it could be pulled off, but nothing similar exists to solve the thieving problem.

As for your last point, I'm aware of that. Tools used for thefts have more immediate legit uses though. The tools used for thefts have everyday use in a lot of jobs. The use for guns is on a level that isn't really comparable. I'm not saying whether either is better in the long run, but in the short run, almost nothing would change if guns were largely banned - but a lot would change if tools used for thefts were banned.

"I literally said getting rid of the existing guns is the really hard part."

your wording was ambiguous

"You compared guns and thieving in a logically unsound way"

no i'm saying that both result in an unsafe environment that necessitates preparations, how is that logically unsound?

what logical plan are you suggesting to take away the millions of guns already in circulation? if you don't have one then we are faced with the above condition correct?

" I'm saying it's a solution that would most likely work if it could be pulled off"

work with regards to what? stopping people from causing harm to each other? if the motivation drive is strong enough then they'll just resort to making homemade bombs with pressure cookers or whatever

the majority of murders as far as i know are caused by objects other than guns such as knives, that does not mean that guns should not be more regulated but i'm saying that its not really a solution to people wanting to harm other people

" but a lot would change if tools used for thefts were banned."

the same applies for the billions of people who have collectively faced government tyranny in the past and will in the future

perhaps if the jews had guns back in 1930s germany, their oppressors would have been deterred from fucking with them

If only there was a way to stop people from shooting...

VGPolyglot said:
I guess it lets you play as the role of the shooter. What would the goal be for that role? Kill as many children as possible?

terrorists win.

Bet you some noob teachers will be using the arrow keys.... those are going to have a terrible KDR in their classroom.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

vivster said:
o_O.Q said:

So what if millions of guns won't be caught? You're still gonna have less guns and people won't be able to get anymore easily. That will definitely lower the number of fatal shootings short term and long term even more. People dying less isn't worth it?

Also, I never understood that thing about protecting yourself against the government or even overtaking it. You do know the government has an army, do you? Have fun with your semi automatic rifles against tanks and trained soldiers in heavy armor.

"That will definitely lower the number of fatal shootings short term and long term even more. People dying less isn't worth it?"

my argument to begin with was not about gun regulation, my argument was that since the current situation is one where guns are out there then there's a reason to prepare for the possibility that you might have to defend yourself against someone using a gun

the other thing is that guns are not the only objects used to harm/kill people and at the very core the problem is really the drive people occasionally have to harm/kill other people

so in terms of deaths going down, would they? maybe, maybe not

"Also, I never understood that thing about protecting yourself against the government or even overtaking it."

well... its why america is no longer a british colony... haitian revolution... french revolution... etc etc etc its happened quite a lot throughout history

its interesting though that now the numbers of communists running around demanding that the government take away businesses from their owners and all private property is expanding while at the same time the idea of resisting government tyranny is at the same expanding... its an interesting observation i've made

o_O.Q said:
Zkuq said:

"I literally said getting rid of the existing guns is the really hard part."

1. your wording was ambiguous

"You compared guns and thieving in a logically unsound way"

2. no i'm saying that both result in an unsafe environment that necessitates preparations, how is that logically unsound?

3. what logical plan are you suggesting to take away the millions of guns already in circulation? if you don't have one then we are faced with the above condition correct?

" I'm saying it's a solution that would most likely work if it could be pulled off"

4. work with regards to what? stopping people from causing harm to each other? if the motivation drive is strong enough then they'll just resort to making homemade bombs with pressure cookers or whatever

the majority of murders as far as i know are caused by objects other than guns such as knives, that does not mean that guns should not be more regulated but i'm saying that its not really a solution to people wanting to harm other people

" but a lot would change if tools used for thefts were banned."

5. the same applies for the billions of people who have collectively faced government tyranny in the past and will in the future

perhaps if the jews had guns back in 1930s germany, their oppressors would have been deterred from fucking with them

1. It was not. You drew your own conclusions. I said exactly what I meant and nothing else.

2. You did not. You said this:

You compared potential solutions in a logically unsound way.

3. I'm not suggesting anything. I'm just pointing out a logical fallacy, nothing else.

4. It's funny how homicide rates are much lower in other western countries with tighter gun laws. I guess you have an explanation for that then?

5. I know, like I said. I was explicitly talking about short-term implications. Long-term implications of more restrictive gun laws are interesting though.