By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - School Shooting Trainer for Teachers

Zkuq said:
o_O.Q said:

"I literally said getting rid of the existing guns is the really hard part."

1. your wording was ambiguous

"You compared guns and thieving in a logically unsound way"

2. no i'm saying that both result in an unsafe environment that necessitates preparations, how is that logically unsound?

3. what logical plan are you suggesting to take away the millions of guns already in circulation? if you don't have one then we are faced with the above condition correct?

" I'm saying it's a solution that would most likely work if it could be pulled off"

4. work with regards to what? stopping people from causing harm to each other? if the motivation drive is strong enough then they'll just resort to making homemade bombs with pressure cookers or whatever

the majority of murders as far as i know are caused by objects other than guns such as knives, that does not mean that guns should not be more regulated but i'm saying that its not really a solution to people wanting to harm other people

" but a lot would change if tools used for thefts were banned."

5. the same applies for the billions of people who have collectively faced government tyranny in the past and will in the future

perhaps if the jews had guns back in 1930s germany, their oppressors would have been deterred from fucking with them

1. It was not. You drew your own conclusions. I said exactly what I meant and nothing else.

2. You did not. You said this:

if someone said... "-_- can you really believe bro that they are selling locks for property instead of dealing with the thief problem?" that would be dumb right?

You compared potential solutions in a logically unsound way.

3. I'm not suggesting anything. I'm just pointing out a logical fallacy, nothing else.

4. It's funny how homicide rates are much lower in other western countries with tighter gun laws. I guess you have an explanation for that then?

5. I know, like I said. I was explicitly talking about short-term implications. Long-term implications of more restrictive gun laws are interesting though.

". It was not. You drew your own conclusions. I said exactly what I meant and nothing else."

"Banning guns for the most part (and getting rid of them, which is the really hard part) "

this is what you posted, i considered it ambiguous because i couldn't really believe you were suggesting that it is possible to get rid of all of the guns that civilians possess... if that's the case then ok

"You did not. You said this:

if someone said... "-_- can you really believe bro that they are selling locks for property instead of dealing with the thief problem?" that would be dumb right?

"

yes... because thieves are a constant problem for society as guns are... so..."i'm saying that both result in an unsafe environment that necessitates preparations, how is that logically unsound?"

i can't really lay this out any better

"You compared potential solutions in a logically unsound way."

what solutions am i comparing? honestly at this point you're confusing me

" I'm just pointing out a logical fallacy, nothing else."

which logical fallacy?

" It's funny how homicide rates are much lower in other western countries with tighter gun laws. I guess you have an explanation for that then?"

correlation=causation?

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
Zkuq said:

1. It was not. You drew your own conclusions. I said exactly what I meant and nothing else.

2. You did not. You said this:

You compared potential solutions in a logically unsound way.

3. I'm not suggesting anything. I'm just pointing out a logical fallacy, nothing else.

4. It's funny how homicide rates are much lower in other western countries with tighter gun laws. I guess you have an explanation for that then?

5. I know, like I said. I was explicitly talking about short-term implications. Long-term implications of more restrictive gun laws are interesting though.

". It was not. You drew your own conclusions. I said exactly what I meant and nothing else."

"Banning guns for the most part (and getting rid of them, which is the really hard part) "

1. this is what you posted, i considered it ambiguous because i couldn't really believe you were suggesting that it is possible to get rid of all of the guns that civilians possess... if that's the case then ok

"You did not. You said this:

"

yes... because thieves are a constant problem for society as guns are... so..."i'm saying that both result in an unsafe environment that necessitates preparations, how is that logically unsound?"

1.  i can't really lay this out any better

"You compared potential solutions in a logically unsound way."

2. what solutions am i comparing? honestly at this point you're confusing me

" I'm just pointing out a logical fallacy, nothing else."

2. which logical fallacy?

" It's funny how homicide rates are much lower in other western countries with tighter gun laws. I guess you have an explanation for that then?"

correlation=causation?

1. I think an "OK" is good enough here.

2. If you haven't got my message thus far despite me trying to make it really simple, I don't think it's trying to explain it one more time is going to work either. I think we're done with this.

3. Of course not, but the difference in gun laws seems like the most plausible explanation. At least I haven't come up with a better explanation yet. Either way, you have a pretty big homicide problem compared to the other western countries, and there's got to be a reason for it. Maybe you have a better explanation?