By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Switch > PS4 > XB1

Although hype for Dreams, GOW, Monster Hunter Bundle and the release of SOTC is this month, I do not think it will be nearly enough to push PS4 numbers above those of the Switch. Next month will be a really interesting and telling month. IF the Switch can hold next month then we'll get a much clearer picture of how the rest of the year is going to play out. I still think both the PS4 and the Switch are going to continue exchanging the lead (in the US of course).

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Switch > PS4 > XB1

Although hype for Dreams, GOW, Monster Hunter Bundle and the release of SOTC is this month, I do not think it will be nearly enough to push PS4 numbers above those of the Switch. Next month will be a really interesting and telling month. IF the Switch can hold next month then we'll get a much clearer picture of how the rest of the year is going to play out. I still think both the PS4 and the Switch are going to continue exchanging the lead (in the US of course).

That's a safe bet. Normal months Switch will take but big game releases and/or limited edition consoles for PS4 will probably give Sony the win. This is of course if Nintendo can sort out their stock issues. 

Kerotan said:
barneystinson69 said:

Xbox One X is holding surprisingly strong given the price. I still expect the Xbox to be 3rd, but hopefully up YOY.

It was down last year despite the launch of the X. I don't hold out much hope for the console this year. 

It did very good in November/December though. I'm hopeful myself that this year will be up yoy. Jan-oct last year was horrible for Xbox. If I recall the only big releases in that time for Xbox was halo wars 2 forza 7, (wouldn't call cuphead a big release). This year the games in that window are much much better. Plus pubg just came out halfway through December, and that could help a bit.

as far as pricing goes I expect a official pricecut for the s and x. 199$ for the 500gbs and probably 449 for the x no later than may. 500$ is just way too much.

So again it's possible that Xbox one has peaked and it's just going to drop every year till it's done, but I'm hopeful that Xbox will be up YOY for most of Jan-October. I don't expect this coming holiday to top last years though.

Halo MCC will sell 5+ million copies(including digital)

halo 5 will sell 10 million copies(including digital)

x1 will pass ps4 in USA, and UK.

hudsoniscool said:
Kerotan said:

It was down last year despite the launch of the X. I don't hold out much hope for the console this year. 

It did very good in November/December though. I'm hopeful myself that this year will be up yoy. Jan-oct last year was horrible for Xbox. If I recall the only big releases in that time for Xbox was halo wars 2 forza 7, (wouldn't call cuphead a big release). This year the games in that window are much much better. Plus pubg just came out halfway through December, and that could help a bit.

as far as pricing goes I expect a official pricecut for the s and x. 199$ for the 500gbs and probably 449 for the x no later than may. 500$ is just way too much.

So again it's possible that Xbox one has peaked and it's just going to drop every year till it's done, but I'm hopeful that Xbox will be up YOY for most of Jan-October. I don't expect this coming holiday to top last years though.

Cuphead sold more than Halo Wars 2 and Forza 7 lol.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
hudsoniscool said:

Im talking about as far as helping Xbox sales.

http://steamspy.com/search.php?s=Cuphead+

Cuphead has sold over 1.3 million copies on steam so about 700k on Xbox at 19.99$. That's great but I wouldn't call it a console pusher

Around the Network
hudsoniscool said:
Alkibiádēs said:

Cuphead has sold over 1.3 million copies on steam so about 700k on Xbox at 19.99$. That's great but I wouldn't call it a console pusher

It sold 2 million copies as of 20 December, more than a month ago. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

PUBG sold more than Cuphead.

Alkibiádēs said:
hudsoniscool said:

It sold 2 million copies as of 20 December, more than a month ago. 

Oh crap that's great than maybe the Xbox version is at a million by now. I guess we could call that big. Cuphead, halo war2 and forza 7 was basically it for 2017, along with pubg timed exclusivity but I suspect that will help 2018 more than 2017. I mean it released dec 12th. 2018 has sea of theives, crackdown, state of decay 2, and forza for sure. Hopefully a couple other unannounced games or ori 2 could hit in 2018 but I suspect early 2019.

Top 8 PS4 lockout. Monster Hunter pushing the PS4 at the moment.

jason1637 said:
PUBG sold more than Cuphead.

Ya I know, 3 million players in December. Another million in jan by the 12th. I think it will help push Xbox more in 2018 than it did for it in 2017. Especially with the bundle coming.