By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Post ALL Database Issues/Suggestions/Etc Here

Hey,one more suggestion about something that could eventually become a problem in mobile: While I was searching Batman Arkham City I saw this on the comment section-

https://i.imgur.com/TbrzUET.png
https://i.imgur.com/Y1BEJAV.png

Anyway,spams could become a problem for those on mobile that would have to scroll down a huge wall of text,and there are a bunch of fakes that do post that kinda of stuff on the game pages. I would suggest a way to minimize specific comments or an "See more" option for those comments with more than 5 lines of text.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

When will be able to add new devs and/or publishers?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I do not agree with the design choice of removing the sales numbers out of the focus. At least as long as this is VGChartz...

The way it is now, I can't even see a way to look at for example yearly sales of older titles, the way you could before. It only shows the first 10 weeks, and even that is moved to the upper right corner.

TalonMan said:
Teeqoz said:
I do not agree with the design choice of removing the sales numbers out of the focus. At least as long as this is VGChartz...

The way it is now, I can't even see a way to look at for example yearly sales of older titles, the way you could before. It only shows the first 10 weeks, and even that is moved to the upper right corner.

There are definitely going to be changes to the sales stuff.

The game page itself is intended to be a summary of ALL things game related. The sales themselves again, are just a summary or small 'snapshot' of a game's sales numbers. Obviously, we'll want to be able to drill further into that information.

Just keep in mind - this is only the beginning for the database. There will be MANY changes (both cosmetically and functionally), over time...   ...just a little patience. :)

Oh I know, that's why I'm giving my feedback while you're working on it

Dear DB admins: When you accept submitted boxarts with a higher resolution, please make sure to remove the old pixelated boxarts, otherwise the new and better ones are not displayed on the game page (see e.g. BotW Switch for NA/JP boxarts and Civilization VI for NA/PAL).

Around the Network
okr said:
Dear DB admins: When you accept submitted boxarts with a higher resolution, please make sure to remove the old pixelated boxarts, otherwise the new and better ones are not displayed on the game page (see e.g. BotW Switch for NA/JP boxarts and Civilization VI for NA/PAL).

The changes to both of those boxarts have been done, thanks for the feedback and let me know if there are any other issues.

TalonMan said:
Teeqoz said:

Oh I know, that's why I'm giving my feedback while you're working on it

Ok - well, "I do not agree with the design choice", makes it sound like you think this is all permanent and not subject to change. It's not, and it is...  ;)

It is a design choice regardless of if it's permanent or not, and I don't agree with it. :-p

2 problems: Animal crossing new leaf is not labelled as an 3DS game ( already reported it) + many GB and GBA Super Mario titles are tracked twice: super Mario Bros (GB) & Super Mario Bros Deluxe and so on.
additionally there is a 2nd entry for new super Mario Bros 2 on 3ds with just under 1 million copies.
The last one: There is an entry for Friend Collection: New Life on 3Ds but the game is called Tomodachi life in the west and gets already tracked separately

I don't like how I have to go in to a game's page to see the regional sales breakdown, I liked it better when it was listed during the search (JP/US/EU/Other). Made it much easier to compare in-franchise.

Can you please add Spike Chunsoft to the developer list?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."