By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox's lack of compelling games won't be fixed in 2018 [Endgadget]

JRPGfan said:
Snoopy said:
AOE
State of decay 2
New Halo
Forza Horizon 4
Fable 4

What more can a man want? These games kick ass.

Aoe on a console? even on pc.... its been forever since I played a AOE and dont really miss it.
State of decay 2 looks old and generic compaired to days gone.
New Halo could be good, but is this confirmed for 2018?
New Forza Horizon 4, most likely comeing.
Fable 4.... heard good things, havnt played one, but again its just a rumor so far.

Its like 2 meh, 2 good, 2 rumors.
and the "good" are forza + halo like always.

What more can a man want?

Marvel's Spider-Man?
The Last of us Part II?
Days Gone?
God of War?
Deaths Stranding?
Detroit Become Human?
Yakuza 6?
ect.

I want Ghost of Tsushima...

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

Probably because you cannot change facts. What i mentioned on this topic is true. Do you agree or disagree with my points?  ---Not all gamers want to game on a PC---

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing.
Just pointing out the logical fallacy in your argument.

Azzanation said:

Thats what my point is about, no fallacy.

It is the argument of assertion, ergo it is a logical fallacy.
Again, you have just re-affirmed my prior point that you do not change your position even when you are pushing a logical fallacy.
So I thank you.

Azzanation said:

If people want to believe otherwise like the usual negative posters try to do and spin than thats on them.

If someone strongly believes in {insert belief here} - Chances are you will never change their position/idea or stance even with all the evidence at your disposal.
So why do I spend such a proportionate amount of my time on these forums debating? Because of 3rd party's who are possibly on the fence reading and seeing who has presented the better argument... And I would assume all other logically thinking, evidence-based people on this forum would do it for the same reason.

Just remember though, just because all gamers don't wish to game on PC, doesn't mean they are going to pick up a console, hence why your argument is a logical fallacy.

Azzanation said:

Lets keep this on topic instead of turning this into a personal matter.

That is a false assertion. This isn't personal.

Lets keep this simple. Explain to me that what I claimed as "Not everyone wants to game on PC" is a fallacy?

I already know its a true statement because the entire world doesn't want to game on PC, so why would I back down on it? If you can prove me otherwise I will happen to withdraw my statement and admit I was wrong. However the debates happening in here is simple as "No one will buy an Xbox when they can buy a PC" argument is a poor one especially when "Not everyone wants to game on PC" exists as a real thing. 

Its funny because I game 90% on PC however I know how far that argument goes because I tried to convince my mate to switch to PC years ago and he laughed and said no thanks, his happy with his consoles. I can guarantee you there are heaps more out there that will have the same preferences.

JRPGfan said:
Snoopy said:
AOE
State of decay 2
New Halo
Forza Horizon 4
Fable 4

What more can a man want? These games kick ass.

Aoe on a console? even on pc.... its been forever since I played a AOE and dont really miss it.
State of decay 2 looks old and generic compaired to days gone.
New Halo could be good, but is this confirmed for 2018?
New Forza Horizon 4, most likely comeing.
Fable 4.... heard good things, havnt played one, but again its just a rumor so far.

Its like 2 meh, 2 good, 2 rumors.
and the "good" are forza + halo like always.

What more can a man want?

Marvel's Spider-Man?
The Last of us Part II?
Days Gone?
God of War?
Deaths Stranding?
Detroit Become Human?
Yakuza 6?
ect.

Death stranding seems more than likely a ps5 title and we don't know shit about it. Hideo Kojima last game sucked imo so don't know what to expect

Yakuza 6 is a really niche game that sells horribly outside of Japan. I'm not into games like most people in U.S. that is cater to Japanese audience for the most part.

Detroit is an interactive movie with little  replay value going by previous David cage games. Also, previous david cage games have terrible storylines for the most part and inconsistent. Especially beyond two souls.

Days gone, I don't know much about and probably won't release for a while (2019 seems likely).

God of war I'm not sure about since it is a complete new direction, but I am interested.

God of war, Spiderman and last of us 2 is the only things that really interest me, but I won't be able to play last of us two until next year around holiday more than likely. Hell, I wouldn't be surprise if that isn't release until 2020. Spiderman has a good chance to be delayed into 2019 because I believe it just got a new director.

So far next year, there is only two real AAA games that I care about. God of war and spiderman. However, knowing those games it can be beaten in a week and since it has no online or limited replay value so I can probably red box it.

Sea of thieves,

Forza Horizon 4,

Halo

Crackdown 

State of decay 2

Are all games with online and a lot of replay value to make me keep the game for the long run.

Last edited by Snoopy - on 05 January 2018

Azzanation said:
Pemalite said:

I am neither agreeing or disagreeing.
Just pointing out the logical fallacy in your argument.

It is the argument of assertion, ergo it is a logical fallacy.
Again, you have just re-affirmed my prior point that you do not change your position even when you are pushing a logical fallacy.
So I thank you.

If someone strongly believes in {insert belief here} - Chances are you will never change their position/idea or stance even with all the evidence at your disposal.
So why do I spend such a proportionate amount of my time on these forums debating? Because of 3rd party's who are possibly on the fence reading and seeing who has presented the better argument... And I would assume all other logically thinking, evidence-based people on this forum would do it for the same reason.

Just remember though, just because all gamers don't wish to game on PC, doesn't mean they are going to pick up a console, hence why your argument is a logical fallacy.

That is a false assertion. This isn't personal.

Lets keep this simple. Explain to me that what I claimed as "Not everyone wants to game on PC" is a fallacy?

I already know its a true statement because the entire world doesn't want to game on PC, so why would I back down on it? If you can prove me otherwise I will happen to withdraw my statement and admit I was wrong. However the debates happening in here is simple as "No one will buy an Xbox when they can buy a PC" argument is a poor one especially when "Not everyone wants to game on PC" exists as a real thing. 

Its funny because I game 90% on PC however I know how far that argument goes because I tried to convince my mate to switch to PC years ago and he laughed and said no thanks, his happy with his consoles. I can guarantee you there are heaps more out there that will have the same preferences.

I agree that argument is stupid. 99% of console games are multiplatform and on PC. Most games people buy on console can be found on PC. Yet people still buy consoles because it is cheaper, more convenient, easier to use,ect.

What's funny is the notion that somehow there is a belief that consoles have overtaken PC as the preferred video game medium, yet recent studies done by the ESA shows anywhere between a 56-62% marketshare worldwide for PC vs 52-54% for console gaming (including handhelds). Even for esport, 4 of the top earning games are on PC only. Not only that, gaming revenue wise, PC gaming generated over 400% in revenue vs XB, PS, and Ninty combined. Sure closes that door on that " most gamers don't want to game on pc" notion being thrown around.

Which goes back to the OP.. with a lack of true exclusives, current and future-wise, there is nothing there on X1 that gives an incentive to pick one up.  If can play the same games elsewhere then why bother?   

Last edited by BillyBong - on 05 January 2018

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

Around the Network
BillyBong said:

What's funny is the notion that somehow there is a belief that consoles have overtaken PC as the preferred video game medium, yet recent studies done by the ESA shows anywhere between a 56-62% marketshare worldwide for PC vs 52-54% for console gaming (including handhelds). Even for esport, 4 of the top earning games are on PC only. Not only that, gaming revenue wise, PC gaming generated over 400% in revenue vs XB, PS, and Ninty combined. Sure closes that door on that " most gamers don't want to game on pc" notion being thrown around.

Which goes back to the OP.. with a lack of true exclusives, current and future-wise, there is nothing there on X1 that gives an incentive to pick one up.  If can play the same games elsewhere then why bother?   

Too bad that the PC community sucks ass. The majority of PC gamers are also egomaniacs who care more about the equipment that went inside their PC rather than the games it plays. Also, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and some parts of Japan who are factored into your statistics, don't even OWN a PC. They play their games at internet cafes for a fee. China just barely got the PS4 in 2015, but it won't take off because it's much cheaper to play at internet cafes still. The Asian territories who primarily game at internet cafes, probably account for 250% of that 400% revenue number, and 28% of that market share number. Also PC exclusives suck ass. They can have League of Legends. 

BillyBong said:

But phones make even more than pc. DOes that mean that phone games are excellent? No. Just heavy micro transaction garbage. The same as pc the games that make the most are the big mobas and mmo and the like. I don't remember where but I hear That League of legends was making like 25% or some big number like that of the total pc games revenue. But if you put games by quality like the AAA multiplats, consoles sell like 80% of those games and usually at a higher price.

And another note, pc gaming is like 50% china, where they play almost exclusively mobas and mmo's. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

TranceformerFX said:
BillyBong said:

Too bad that the PC community sucks ass. The majority of PC gamers are also egomaniacs who care more about the equipment that went inside their PC rather than the games it plays. Also, China, South Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and some parts of Japan who are factored into your statistics, don't even OWN a PC. They play their games at internet cafes for a fee. China just barely got the PS4 in 2015, but it won't take off because it's much cheaper to play at internet cafes still. The Asian territories who primarily game at internet cafes, probably account for 250% of that 400% revenue number, and 28% of that market share number. Also PC exclusives suck ass. They can have League of Legends. 

Then explain PC gaming just in the US alone.. which accounts for 56% vs 52% for consoles. Revenue alone in North America for PC gaming is around 13billion vs 6.6billion for consoles worldwide.  

Man.. I hate it when your girl has to leave my place to come back to you..

BillyBong said:
TranceformerFX said:

Then explain PC gaming just in the US alone.. which accounts for 56% vs 52% for consoles. Revenue alone in North America for PC gaming is around 13billion vs 6.6billion for consoles worldwide.  

Have a look at this.

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/the-global-games-market-will-reach-108-9-billion-in-2017-with-mobile-taking-42/ 

So you are wrong right there on your original assumption.  and even with fre to play games being most of the revenue in pc, its still lower than console and droping. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

CGI-Quality said:
eva01beserk said:

Have a look at this.

https://newzoo.com/insights/articles/the-global-games-market-will-reach-108-9-billion-in-2017-with-mobile-taking-42/ 

So you are wrong right there on your original assumption.  and even with fre to play games being most of the revenue in pc, its still lower than console and droping. 

-pic

That must be outdated, as these are the most recent figures...

https://venturebeat.com/2017/11/28/newzoo-game-industry-growing-faster-than-expected-up-10-7-to-116-billion-2017/

Cool, thanks for the update. Still shows that he was wrong and console is still above while pc still being mostly free to play games that make its money. So again, big AAA games make most of their money on consoles, Mobas and MMO's go to pc.