By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazon listing a lot of mystery titles for Switch to be revealed at an event

LETS GOOOOOOOOO

Hope they start doing an event every January like they did for last year, it's a great way to start off the year and build hype for what's coming, especially since as of right now most of the Switch's 2018 titles are still a mystery outside of a few announced ones like Kirby, Yoshi, Bayonetta 1+2, Metroid, etc so there could be anything.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
I'm hoping these are only for Nintendo published titles (if the speculation is true).

Hardly this would be only Nintendo published titles, definitely at least some of them are 3rd party.

KrspaceT said:
Miyamotoo said:

Hardly, but next Nintendo Direct (January) will probably do.

So, assuming that those titles all became, say, nine games launching this year (Assuming that each game has a physical and digital take on it up)....let's say they are.....

Animal Crossing Switch

Warioware Switch

Pikmin 4

Donkey Kong Country Returns HD collection

Punch Out HD

Mario Galaxy Collection HD

Final Fantasy 15 for Switch

Dragon Ball Fighters for Switch

GTA 5 Switch

For example, decently spread through 2018....that isn't enough to make people stop saying the system has no games?

This is not listing of all Switch 2018. lineup, and Nintendo will not reveal the hole 2018. lineup in next Direct.

Switch vitality sensor. Then i'd be hyped.

One legit source from Resetera said that last thing he heard is that ND is set for 11. January, so around 10 days of waiting. :)

Undertale?

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
THe earliest Im expecting is one week after new year, since they want people to be back from the break to maximize views.This event cant come soon enough!

Wouldn't it be better to do it in the first week though? Then people would still be in the break and have enough time to watch it, instead of having to work.

What's with everyone predicting HD remasters? You're setting yourself up for disappointment. After Mario Odyssey do you think Nintendo are just going to casually release all other 3D Marios months after? That's a terrible idea...and well, I'm pretty sure Nintendo are striving to release more new games than remasters.

Ok, here are some of my ideas for 2018's lineup:
Animal Crossing new game:
-Mobile game released
-10 Icons on the Switch
-Skipped Wii U release
-HD assets already available
-Game hasn't had a sequel since late 2012, all but spinoffs have been released since.
-Useful for encouraging more amiibo to be bought

Mario Maker 2/port:
-Wii U servers may die in favor of Switch paid service. Renders game unplayable, you make levels but can't share them / can't play other player's levels. This also semi-kills the pioneer for popularity for some youtubers which gave the game more exposure
-Good for amiibo
-Game sold well on Wii U and 3DS
-No reason for Mario Maker not to work on Switch. Maybe a stylus will need to be bundled to make editing levels less awkward, but other than that it should be fine

Smash Bros port:
-People keep whining for smash bros, and well, I think Nintendo has to release a port of 4 in 2018. I mean they don't have to, but considering every event and Nintendo video has been littered with smash fans begging in the comments endlessly, they sure need to do something soon. Although I'd have to say the Smash fans are a vocal minority when you consider other popular Nintendo franchises.
-Good for amiibo sales. Smash was the entire reason they were conceived
-Online community could die through cut servers, similarly to brawl.
-Franchise sells well. I think a port could probably hit MK8D numbers, maybe slightly less. But it would be a system seller easily as from what I've seen, people who play Smash usually aren't the same people interested in Mario Kart. Nintendo could make quick buck on this. An edition with all the DLC and maybe some new stages might be fine.

Kirby Star Allies
Yoshi
Fire Emblem
Bayonetta 1+2
Wolf 2
Pikmin 4 (icons on Switch, game was apparently finished since 2015...)

I'm not sure about SMT 5, No More Heroes Travis Strikes Again, Retro's new project and uhm, Bayonetta 3. I don't think Bayonetta 3 will be 2018. Unless there's some sort of funding to allow the game to be finished faster than the last two.

Oh yeah and there will be some third party games, 100%. Not sure what to expect, though...

Flilix said:
Nautilus said:
THe earliest Im expecting is one week after new year, since they want people to be back from the break to maximize views.This event cant come soon enough!

Wouldn't it be better to do it in the first week though? Then people would still be in the break and have enough time to watch it, instead of having to work.

People would be travelling, so they wouldnt want to open time to watch some video instead of spending time on a beach, seeing the sights on some unknown country, or going to a party.A week after is better because they would be back to their routinne, and would be more willing to see the video live or on their free time as soon as possible.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

BasilZero said:
Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 HD
Super Mario Sunshine HD
New Super Mario Bros All Stars (NSMB, NSMB2, NSMB Wii, NSMBU + SLU)
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD
Metroid Prime Trilogy HD
Pikmin Trilogy HD
Super Smash Bros for Switch
Pokemon 8th gen
Pokemon 4th gen remakes

Here's my money, take it