By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Game Database is LIVE!!!!

TalonMan said:
XD84 said:
Thank you!
It is interesting that it is easier to navigate on the new DB than on the main page of vgchartz using a cell phone.

Yes!! As I mentioned - that header is part of the new mobile framework that Trucks has been working on for the rest of the website. Since I wasn't about to code the new database twice, I started from the beginning, using the mobile framework...  :)

...you'll see more of this soon, as Trucks opens up forums and other areas that he's been working on.

Thats awesome! I am looking forward to navigate like that on the whole website.

Keep up the great work, I really appreciate it.

Around the Network

I know this is very early and we shouldn't be talking about the looks of it now but I feel like the icons for the buddy, share and search are a little too big, the database already has A LOT of pictures now and putting them all togheter makes the pages kinda overwhelming

On the positive side I noticed the pages and searches are loading faster than before which is great

Edit: I think there's some issues with the previous database for games owned, I had The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild among my owned games before the db update and now that game from my profile ( < or here under my nickname) it has a different link from the page on the database (link)

Last edited by Luke888 - on 31 December 2017

I've read the OP and the link in it and I didn't see what I was looking for unless that's one of the things you mean by not complete.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=141654&region=All

For a simple explanation, look at my comments in this link for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX. In it, I made comments after looking at the total numbers it ACTUALLY had (eg: 894, 656) because VGC rounded up the total numbers and they always have the total numbers as (eg) .92m. So now I can't see the specific numbers.

Is this one of the things you plan to fix or did you get rid of it?

Rob5VGC said:
I've read the OP and the link in it and I didn't see what I was looking for unless that's one of the things you mean by not complete.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=141654®ion=All

For a simple explanation, look at my comments in this link for Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX. In it, I made comments after looking at the total numbers it ACTUALLY had (eg: 894, 656) because VGC rounded up the total numbers and they always have the total numbers as (eg) .92m. So now I can't see the specific numbers.

Is this one of the things you plan to fix or did you get rid of it?

I also noticed you can't check out anymore about how much the games sold each year since it's release. Kinda of a minor thing,but I liked to compare the legs the games are having.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

There should be a way to know if your submission got denied and for what reason. If I wasn't in the Discord chat I wouldn't be able to know if stuff I send in got declined and the type of changes I'd need to make to send it in again.

Around the Network

Back in the stone age of VGC we also had the option to check "latest updates" in the db which was useful for retrieving the games we just added or updated.

Thank you for responding, TalonMan. I look forward to it.

Very nice to have the DB up and running and I will definitely be trying to fill up as much info on the DB as I can.

TalonMan said:
okr said:
Back in the stone age of VGC we also had the option to check "latest updates" in the db which was useful for retrieving the games we just added or updated.

Not sure what you mean? Do you mean latest updates per game (as that does exist, and it shows on each game page under the Updates tab)? Or, are you talking about updates in totality (a listing of say, for example, the last 20 updates across the entire database)?

I‘m stupid, it‘s already there, always has been, I just didn‘t see it on my tablet as I didn‘t scroll to the right. I mean "last update" on the right-hand side of the db search results. If I sort the games by "last update" and reduce the results to the system I‘m making updates for (PC in my case), I can easily see if and when my updates are accepted and continue working on those games if needed.

One suggestion to change in future updates is the launch date info. Right now we have to add it three times, one per region, even if it's the same. It could be useful and save time to all of us (we sending and you checking) if we could add it for the three of them at the same time.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.