By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Should Yoda kills Kylo Ren ? (TLJ spoiler)

Since Yoda can now invoke huge lightnings in the real world that destroy and burns things, should he step up and kills Kylo Ren in one shot to save the galaxy ? Since he is already dead he also risks nothing.

Has Rian Johnson even thought about that before introducing such a power or did he just thought  'hey that would be cool to have Yoda control lightnings"

Around the Network

Isnt there potential for Kylo Ren to return to the light? Im sure Yoda would prefer that, especially if his return to the light could be crucial.

shikamaru317 said:

My theory is that when you die and become a Force Spirit, you regain the powers you had when you were at your strongest. Yoda was once extremely strong in the force, but by the time of the prequels he was old and weaker. Perhaps there was a point when Yoda was younger where he was powerful enough to affect the weather. 

However, Yoda is not the type who would abuse his powers to kill someone. Doing something like that might throw the Force out of balance and prevent him from becoming a Force Spirit any longer, since only light side force users can become force spirits.

only 4 known Jedi have ever become a force spirit after they die Qui Gon Jinn, Obi Wan, Yoda and Anakin and I doubt that Yoda could manipulate weather when he was alive no matter how strong he was in the Force.

Also makes you wonder why Anakin doesn't talk to Kylo considering that he is trying to follow in his (Vaders) footsteps, not to mention that Anakin is even stronger with the force than Yoda.

Last edited by EspadaGrim - on 30 December 2017

EspadaGrim said:
shikamaru317 said:

My theory is that when you die and become a Force Spirit, you regain the powers you had when you were at your strongest. Yoda was once extremely strong in the force, but by the time of the prequels he was old and weaker. Perhaps there was a point when Yoda was younger where he was powerful enough to affect the weather. 

However, Yoda is not the type who would abuse his powers to kill someone. Doing something like that might throw the Force out of balance and prevent him from becoming a Force Spirit any longer, since only light side force users can become force spirits.

only 4 known Jedi have ever become a force spirit after they die Qui Gon Jinn, Obi Wan, Yoda and Anakin and I doubt that Yoda could manipulate weather when he was alive no matter how strong he was in the Force.

Nothing is impossible now, especially after seeing how Leia used the Force.

Lucas-Rio said:
EspadaGrim said:

Nothing is impossible now, especially after seeing how Leia used the Force.

Yep they are destroying the Lore and the Legacy of Star Wars it's a shame.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

If force users can shoot lightning from their fingertips, it's not that much of a stretch to be able to make it shoot from a cloud. Who knows, maybe Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Qui Gon combined their powers with Yoda to help him make that lighting. 

Either way, my main point is that Yoda is unlikely to abuse his powers in the way that the OP describes. Killing someone that can't defend themselves as a Force Spirit would very likely darken you and prevent you from ever becoming a Force Spirit again, since only Jedi can become Force Spirits in the new canon. 

I mean that's a personal explanation you have, but nothing is told nort shown, except that Yoda can invoke huge lightning and destroy real things. Look how Luke was knocked off the tree by the powerful fire.

Yoda stepped up and tried to kill Sidious. Why wouldn't he step up to fight Snoke and Kylo Ren? This does not really make sense and I don't think Rian Johnson has thought any explanation. He doesn't care.

Why is Yoda a joker again like at the beggining of ESB? He was serious and calmed after being discovered as the Master Yoda by Luke.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

shikamaru317 said:
EspadaGrim said:

If force users can shoot lightning from their fingertips, it's not that much of a stretch to be able to make it shoot from a cloud. Who knows, maybe Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Qui Gon combined their powers with Yoda to help him make that lighting. 

Either way, my main point is that Yoda is unlikely to abuse his powers in the way that the OP describes. Killing someone that can't defend themselves as a Force Spirit would very likely darken you and prevent you from ever becoming a Force Spirit again, since only Jedi can become Force Spirits in the new canon. 

Force Lightning is a Dark Side ability though, imo the new people in charge are just bending/making up new rules, i doubt that we will see an explanation in the final film i also doubt that Yoda will show up again too.

Well if Yoda has this kind of power, which apparently (and disturbingly), he does.....then I hereby contend that he should no longer be a force ghost.

Only light side users can be force ghosts.
Yoda is shown to be powerful enough as a ghost that he very likely could kill Kylo, and probably Snoke, and certainly assist the new Republic in fighting off this new order, as he can appear wherever he wants across the galaxy, and effect the world around him in very violently destructive ways.
Not using this power for the good of the galaxy is inherently evil. It is evil by failing to act. It is evil because he apparently could save countless lives, but chooses not to. Waiting for "new heroes" to arise and deal with the problem is not good. It is not virtuous. It is not noble. It is in fact the very opposite of all those things.

And don't give me some "oh Yoda interfering in the events of the living would bring imbalance to the force" BS. In Star Wars, the force is literally ALWAYS imbalanced. The whole balance spiel has been such BS ever since George Lucas first introduced it that it's not even funny. There is always one side that has the upper hand. The force is NEVER in balance. The only balance it apparently cares to create is power level of the alignments of force users active in the galaxy, not that this ever leads to the sides they fight for being in balance. So if a force ghost like Yoda can appear around the Galaxy blowing shit up with lighting, and the force allows this, this force which is so concerned about the powers of force users around the galaxy balancing out, why can he not use this power to effect real change? There is not a single good reason you can give me for why that would be the case.

This movie is fucking stupid

My understanding is that the force seeks balance. As Yoda is essentially one with the force now, he can only act within the confines of that balance. The turmoil within Luke regarding the temple/tree was throwing the force out of balance so Yoda acted as the force as a whole and restored balance. He did not utilize his own force powers to summon lightning, he acted as more of a messenger of the force.

While I have a good deal of issues with the movie and with Rian Johnson's handling of logic (which was also an issue in Looper), this isn't really one of them.