By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch has 4 Nintendo exclusives in Eurogamers top 10 Games of 2017.

Edit: ahhhh. Dissapointed no one is hating Zelda. This pic is irrelevant now.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
lol Arms at 6th...

I call complete bs. 

I stopped visiting the site a while ago since the staff seems very subjective and depressed at times. Not as bad as Giant Bomb, but Brexit seems to have left its mark on them. /s
Can’t disagree on those Nintendo games ( except Arms maybe, but I wouldn’t know...never played it), but they surely ranked  a lot of games very strangely this year...like Persona 5 or Nier in the 40-50, if I remember right. No essential rating for Horizon speaks for itself.
They also seem to completely disregard VR on purpose. I liked the site a few years ago, but these days they’re a waste of time. They don’t even send their staff over to conferences and prefer to sarcastically comment from a distance. Besides Digital Foundry their Youtube presence is also pretty non existent. Not very professional and up to date imho. A bit sad, really.

Last edited by Errorist76 - on 30 December 2017

Snoopy said:
KLXVER said:

It won GOTY at Giant Bomb.

Dang. It is a great game and I believe it deserves it.

Good that it gets some recognition. I did not have the same amount of fun with the PC version, but denying that its an influential title is absurd.

But Arms #6 in a year like 2017... damn.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well this is an interesting list. I'm surprised that Vroom in the Night Sky didn't make it.

Around the Network

A Wii U game is the best game of the year, amazing and well deserved!

CaptainExplosion said:
So many of you are butthurt about Zelda being #1. XD

Actuallly most arnt..... the problem is stuff like Arms #6 / mario&rabbits #5, while Persona 5 (93? metacritic game) is #40+.

Theres just no way they should be ahead of persona imo.

Horizon Zero Dawn at 31 is crazy too.

Mass Effect: Andromeda (#26) was a huge flop with tons of issues,... and its #26? ahead of HZD/persona 5? just no way.

Persona 5 at #47.

Excuse me, what?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

JRPGfan said:

47th Persona 5
31th Horizon Zero Dawn

*sighes* Eurogamer got bad tastes in games lmao.

note: SMO & BoTW deserve to be top10 imo, but dont really agree with how eurogamer ranking these.

They have BotW on number 1 as it should be. They have excellent taste in my book.

AnmolRed said:
Medisti said:

I know this was a joke, but about ARMS: "Tom Phillips: It's alright, but it was no Zelda."

I want to see this used in legitimate reviews for games in different genres.

Medisti's review of Call of Duty WWII: "It's alright, but it was no Zelda."
Medisti's review of Tetris: "It's alright, but it was no Zelda."
Medisti's review of The Legend of Zelda: "It's alright, but it was no Call of Duty."

The new "7.8/10 too much " ?

It wouldn't be the same. The 7.8/10 Too Much Water was a legit review, whereas this was "It's good but it's not Zelda in ARMS/it's good but it's not ARMS in Zelda" intentional joke