By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch has 4 Nintendo exclusives in Eurogamers top 10 Games of 2017.

Eurogamer's list reads like something an out of touch 35 year old man, with a slew of adult responsibilities, and almost no time for games, would write. It's clear that they all used to game as a serious hobby at one point, but life caught up with them. Coincidentally they are also known for obsessing over graphics, even zooming in on otherwise unnoticeable minute differences, between virtually identical versions of the same game. And yet, Ironically they were forced to admit that Zelda and Mario are two of the best games this year. That's like winning a desert contest with chocolate, when the judges hate chocolate.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Errorist76 said:

This list has definitely reminded me not to take this site serious anymore, at all.

No, the world, graphics and especially fighting system is not the typical Ubisoft stuff.

Assasins Creed: Origins has amazing graphics as well. 

Graphics, however, don't make a game. 

Keep in mind, Origins is drastically different from typical Assassins creed. The new combat, leveling system, rpg mechanics, removal of towers, and the world of Egypt, and much more makes the game itself much different from a "typical ubisoft game".

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I totally agree with #1 and #3, but ARMS isnt even top 30 eligible IMO. Get that out of here. Splatoon 2 was times better than ARMS.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Alkibiádēs said:
Barkley said:
wtf is that list. Destiny 2 in 7th, Arms in 6th, Hellblade is 9th.

Meanwhile Persona 5 is 47th and Horizon 31st?

You should probably shove "Eurogamer" in the title.

Why does Horizon get so much credit? It's your typical Ubisoft Open World game.

erhm.....no, its really not.

Persona 5 doesn't deserve to be in that place though. That's total BS. And Edith Finch over SMO? Something wrong going on there.

Around the Network

Persona 5 being so low discredits everything about that list.

For the people confuse on Arms, I think they are comparing what Arms is now as of December last up date, vs what arms was in June a barebone game.........the game is worth it now, and anyone who say different either hate Nintendo games, or not good at fighting games......as a fighting game its deep, just throwing punches or grabs will not help you beat those who are good at dodging

Ignoring the OP's point about nintendo's games in the top 10, to be fair the EG staff are a bunch of hipsters. I don't rate them at all.

This is certainly true for their reviews team, I do rate digital foundry though. They generally seem sincere and I like Ian Higton's general gaming stuff (though not his politics stuff that he sometimes goes into).

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Lol at so many people getting upset over a personal list.

You guys probably never heard of the word opinion either.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Alkibiádēs said:
Lol at so many people getting upset over a personal list.

You guys probably never heard of the word opinion either.

Opinions can be bad mate. People are also free to mock bad opinions.