By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch has 4 Nintendo exclusives in Eurogamers top 10 Games of 2017.

Miyamotoo said:

My point still stands: "on paper they are not exclusives but practically they are, they totally have appealing on market like Switch exclusives, they are Nintendos and current Switch exclusives on market, I mean plenty of people didn't know that Wii U ever exist".

There is really no point there, BotW is a Nintendo exclusive but will never be a Switch exclusive. Even if it's true that many gamers bought the Switch to play BoTW that tells nothing about the game being exclusive to the system, they just chose one console over the other. You made a thread about Amazon's top selling games of 2017 and the Wii U version of BoTW was in the top 10, not to shabby for a dead console unknown to many people.

Around the Network
KilleyMc said:
Miyamotoo said:

My point still stands: "on paper they are not exclusives but practically they are, they totally have appealing on market like Switch exclusives, they are Nintendos and current Switch exclusives on market, I mean plenty of people didn't know that Wii U ever exist".

There is really no point there, BotW is a Nintendo exclusive but will never be a Switch exclusive. Even if it's true that many gamers bought the Switch to play BoTW that tells nothing about the game being exclusive to the system, they just chose one console over the other. You made a thread about Amazon's top selling games of 2017 and the Wii U version of BoTW was in the top 10, not to shabby for a dead console unknown to many people.

But there is point, regardless fact that Zelda BotW is also available on Wii U also and it's not exclusive game for Switch, in practice situation is totally different, people see Zelda BotW like Switch exclusive game and BotW acts like Switch exclusive game (its huge system seller game and must have Switch game). You mentione Amazon's top selling games of 2017, there is reason why Switch version of game is on 3. position and Wii U version of game on 10. position.

Miyamotoo said:
KilleyMc said:

But there is point, regardless fact that Zelda BotW is also available on Wii U also and it's not exclusive game for Switch, in practice situation is totally different, people see Zelda BotW like Switch exclusive game and BotW acts like Switch exclusive game (its huge system seller game and must have Switch game). You mentione Amazon's top selling games of 2017, there is reason why Switch version of game is on 3. position and Wii U version of game on 10. position.

The reason is that the Switch is the shiny new console, is more powerful than the Wii U and, understandably, people that didn't own a Wii U would rather play the game in the new console (that had little more to offer at launch btw), it means nothing in regards to the exclusivity of the game. As I posted in that other thread, the truly amazing result is that BotW for Wii U still managed to enter the top 10 of the year.

Using BotW Switch top 3 position to claim exclusivity is something akin to Sony fans trying to claim exclusivity over 90% of the non-indie multiplatform games 'cause their version will undoubtedly trounce the others in sales, it's ridiculous.

I always read about BotW that it was a multi-gen game and other valid opinios saying that the Switch game was a Wii U port, but this is the first time that I've read sometihng trying to pass the game as a Switch exclusive. It's already great for Switch to have 4 games in Eurogamers top ten, there is just no need to pass all of them as exclusives.

Double post.

KilleyMc said:
Miyamotoo said:

The reason is that the Switch is the shiny new console, is more powerful than the Wii U and, understandably, people that didn't own a Wii U would rather play the game in the new console (that had little more to offer at launch btw), it means nothing in regards to the exclusivity of the game. As I posted in that other thread, the truly amazing result is that BotW for Wii U still managed to enter the top 10 of the year.

Using BotW Switch top 3 position to claim exclusivity is something akin to Sony fans trying to claim exclusivity over 90% of the non-indie multiplatform games 'cause their version will undoubtedly trounce the others in sales, it's ridiculous.

I always read about BotW that it was a multi-gen game and other valid opinios saying that the Switch game was a Wii U port, but this is the first time that I've read sometihng trying to pass the game as a Switch exclusive. It's already great for Switch to have 4 games in Eurogamers top ten, there is just no need to pass all of them as exclusives.

But thats a point, Wii U is dead console for quite time with very limited user base (Switch in its full year will sell more than Wii U LT numbers), so plenty of people didnt know at all that Wii U existed on market at all. So again, fact is that not exclusive game for Switch, but in practice situation is totally different, people see Zelda BotW like Switch exclusive game and BotW acts like Switch exclusive game (its huge system seller game and must have Switch game).

I only mentioned that BotW is on third position on Amazon because you mention thats Wii U version of game also on list, not like proof that BotW is exlusive game, and there is huge difference between 3. and 10. position of top 10 best selling games.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 04 January 2018

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

But thats a point, Wii U is dead console for quite time with very limited user base (Switch in its full year will sell more than Wii U LT numbers), so plenty of people didnt know at all that Wii U existed on market at all. So again, fact is that not exclusive game for Switch, but in practice situation is totally different, people see Zelda BotW like Switch exclusive game and BotW acts like Switch exclusive game (its huge system seller game and must have Switch game).

I only mentioned that BotW is on third position on Amazon because you mention thats Wii U version of game also on list, not like proof that BotW is exlusive game, and there is huge difference between 3. and 10. position of top 10 best selling games.

The bolded part is what matters the most and what makes the title of this thread wrong, the part about people not knowing that the Wii U exists is just bollocks. You need to remember that all the hype behind Breath of the Wild  (people running to try it at E3, etc) was built on Wii U, with Nintendo saying that it was also going to be released for their new and, at the time, unnamed console. The rest is, as I said before, people making the logical choice that is picking a new console to play the game instead of one that was on its way out. 

A big difference between the 3rd and 10th game in the ranking is obviously expected, but the mere presence of it in the top 10 instead of hundred of other games released in 2017 for consoles still kicking is more than enough proof for me that people acknowledge the existence of the Wii U version.

KilleyMc said:
Miyamotoo said:

The bolded part is what matters the most and what makes the title of this thread wrong, the part about people not knowing that the Wii U exists is just bollocks. You need to remember that all the hype behind Breath of the Wild  (people running to try it at E3, etc) was built on Wii U, with Nintendo saying that it was also going to be released for their new and, at the time, unnamed console. The rest is, as I said before, people making the logical choice that is picking a new console to play the game instead of one that was on its way out. 

A big difference between the 3rd and 10th game in the ranking is obviously expected, but the mere presence of it in the top 10 instead of hundred of other games released in 2017 for consoles still kicking is more than enough proof for me that people acknowledge the existence of the Wii U version.

Well title of thread is wrong, but like I wrote in practice that does not change much, and those are Nintendo and current Switch exclusives in any case. You said yourself, Nintendo said that Zelda BotW will be on new console also.

People who had Wii U know for Wii U and they bouth Zelda BotW for Wii U, hardly that anywhere both Wii U in 2017. in order to play Zelda BotW.

Why does it matter so much whether BotW is Switch exclusive or not?

Flilix said:

Because the thread title is wrong. Everyone can see that except OP.

Sorry, Miyamotoo. Just change it and let it rest.

GoOnKid said:
Flilix said:

Because the thread title is wrong. Everyone can see that except OP.

Sorry, Miyamotoo. Just change it and let it rest.

I know it's wrong, but it's kinda ridiculous to make like 50 posts about this.