By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Is this a good workout plan?

This isn't effective.

Cardio isn't that important, you have to do very little of it. What's really important is intense heavy lifting to exhaustion of the muscle, and then rest.

Cardio first(not too much), then weight lifting to exhaustion, and then as much rest as you can get. You need two days of rest for each muscle group.

If you don't rest accordingly, nothing will develop. And as you rest you'll burn more fat as your body rebuilds the muscles. That's more effective than a lot of cardio, or soft weight lifting. You're wasting your time if you're focusing on the entire day, and you'll quickly reach a point where you'll give up.

Around the Network

Depends on your goals. Also depends on you.

Running all day imo is an easy way to lose weight and train yourself for endurance runs. Very boring so definitely get some music/podcasts/audiobooks.

Bunch of crunches and pushups everyday won't focus much so it is just an overall minor health boost. Oh and I see you said sit-ups, which can lead to back problems if you do too many. Crunches on the other hand afaik are much safer.

So overall your plan is limited, but if that is what it takes then go for it.

SuperRetroTurbo said:
Pull ups are one of the best workouts bar none. They engage a series of muscles that is rivaled by no other excersise...including planks...which are very underrated. Here's what you do...first buy a pull up bar from Amazon..you can get one for under 25 dollars...and it will pay for itself in no time...

Start with 50 pullups a day. 200 pushups and 200 squats. When you achieve this goal...send me a pm and I'll have you looking like Hulk Hogan in a few months....

50 pullups a day is overtraining. The arms would hurt the 3rd or 4th day. Best to allow your body to rest

SuperRetroTurbo said:
Pull ups are one of the best workouts bar none. They engage a series of muscles that is rivaled by no other excersise...including planks...which are very underrated. Here's what you do...first buy a pull up bar from Amazon..you can get one for under 25 dollars...and it will pay for itself in no time...

Start with 50 pullups a day. 200 pushups and 200 squats. When you achieve this goal...send me a pm and I'll have you looking like Hulk Hogan in a few months....

I have a hard time doing 4 or 5 pull ups. I bought a bar from a weight place, but never used it. Maybe I'll give this a shot.

Okay, I wrote the wrong math

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Hiku said:

There is only One workout plan that matters.

Well I was waiting to see how many posts it would take for this to pop up haha.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

50 pullups a day is overtraining. The arms would hurt the 3rd or 4th day. Best to allow your body to rest

There's many other factors not being mentioned...if the person in question is significantly overweight...then yeah 50 pullups may be a bit much...but I'm not saying to do 50 pullups in one set...just 50 for the day....so 5 sets of 10 reps...or for beginners...10 sets of 5 reps...or he could even do one at a time...just to get in the rhythm...

I can assure you 50 pullups for an entire day is absolutely intermediate...and a good start for someone trying to begin a regimen worthwhile.

I was up to 1000 pullups a day...starting with 50 a day by 2 weeks...and getting them done in under 2 hours.

But again...listen to your body. You want to do whatever you can until FAILURE. Make sure to keep a log...whatever you reach...try to do at least 3-5 more the next day. 

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Azelover said:
This isn't effective.

Cardio isn't that important, you have to do very little of it. What's really important is intense heavy lifting to exhaustion of the muscle, and then rest.

Cardio first(not too much), then weight lifting to exhaustion, and then as much rest as you can get. You need two days of rest for each muscle group.

If you don't rest accordingly, nothing will develop. And as you rest you'll burn more fat as your body rebuilds the muscles. That's more effective than a lot of cardio, or soft weight lifting. You're wasting your time if you're focusing on the entire day, and you'll quickly reach a point where you'll give up.

Wether cardio is important or not sorta depends on what he's trying to achieve, doesn't it? If it's for the improved health, cardio exercise is much more important than strengt.

EDIT: And by cardio I don't mean low-intensity running. Intervals are where it's at.

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 30 December 2017

Teeqoz said:
Azelover said:
This isn't effective.

Wether cardio is important or not sorta depends on what he's trying to achieve, doesn't it? If it's for the improved health, cardio exercise is much more important than strengt.

EDIT: And by cardio I don't mean low-intensity running. Intervals are where it's at.

Sure. But even then, excessive cardio isn't as effective as people think. The most important thing is what you eat, for health or even if you just want to get thin.

Last edited by Azelover - on 31 December 2017

roadkillers said:

Every minute of the day counts. 1 min is equal to 1 push up or 1 situp, 1 mile running equals 1 hour of the day.

So everyday I need to do enough push ups, situps, or miles to stay ahead of this plan. Opinions?

Sound s shitty.

Firstly, you need to have a more overall plan. Secondly, that's ineffective. For the running for example, I'd suggest to first focus on your technique so, that your step really takes you further and feels good, and run as fast as you can for as long as can (or feels good), walk to catch your breath, and do it again. And again. This way you'll get an efficient exercise by just sub-5km running and it doesn't get on your knees in the long term.

How I exercise at the gym, is that I use weights that I can do less than 10 reps (but more than 5), rest half of the time it took me do the reps, take off some weight and do it again, until I am below my my warm-up weights. If I'm able to do more than ten reps, I try again with the same weights.

Oh, and I suggest going low carb diet (no protein drinks or such after the workout). After your body is used to use fat as energy, your performance actually increases by quite a lot. It just takes a month or two. You likely need stuff like iodine, zinc, chromium, kalium, D- and B-vitamins as supplement, luckily, you don't need to supplement daily; you could just supplement for a week or so every month or so.

If you don't go to a gym, I'd suggest doing as many reps as as fast as you can as long as you can, rest half of the time it took to do the reps and try again. Aim at 5-10 series.

That's probably the most effective way to work out I can think of, should work with someone with experience as well as beginners. If you're planning to train for bodybuilding of competing in sports, then you likely need a little (or a lot) different way to work out.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Azelover said:
This isn't effective.

This is what I was taught as well