By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars fans, help me settle a bet (Warning: TLJ Spoilers)

Who are Rey’s parents?

Luke and ?? 4 12.50%

Han and Leia 3 9.38%

2 drunken peasants 17 53.13%

Chuck Norris 2 6.25%

Someone else 6 18.75%

Total:32
KLXVER said:
fory77 said:
Her parents being nobodies is actually one of the few good "plot twists(?)"

but doesn't that kinda go against what the force is all about? 

The BIG message of this movie, at least towards the end, was the Luke is not the last Jedi, a nobody like Rey and broomboy can be Jedi. Anyone in the galaxy can be Jedi!

As if that wasn't already established..

Around the Network
fory77 said:
KLXVER said:

but doesn't that kinda go against what the force is all about? 

idk man Anakin's mother was force-raped by a sith lord on the other side of the galaxy 

Well that explains why Anakin became so strong I guess, but he still had to train for years. Rey seems to just have been given it at some point. She could even best Kylo and Luke. It just seems a bit weird to me.

This 'bet' wont settle because there is no answer other than what Kylo Ren said. And just cause we can have our opinion on who her parents may be we can all be wrong so this thread wont help with your bet either.

Her parents could very well be what Kylo Ren said. Aside from Luke, how many other Jedis were a kid of another Jedi or someone of importance? I dont think Anikan's/Vadar's parents were anybody special so why should Rey's be?

But again, you're not going win this bet by what any of us think here.

V-r0cK said:
This 'bet' wont settle because there is no answer other than what Kylo Ren said. And just cause we can have our opinion on who her parents may be we can all be wrong so this thread wont help with your bet either.

Her parents could very well be what Kylo Ren said. Aside from Luke, how many other Jedis were a kid of another Jedi or someone of importance? I dont think Anikan's/Vadar's parents were anybody special so why should Rey's be?

There is a very clear answer. The Director is on record that Kylo is telling her the truth, and that it in his (Rian Johnson's) mind, Rey's parents are nobody. His only addition to this, which leaves any room for possible future doubt, is that he's not directing the last part of the trilogy, and JJ may come back and be like "nah that was BS, I got other plans."

In the Star Wars novels, Luke married Mara Jade. Their son, Ben, who was named after Luke's first mentor Obi-Wan "Ben" Kenobi, was born in 26.5 ABY. Take it as you will, I don't know if the novels are cannon.

I think Rey was born of the force just like Anakin Skywalker.

(Myth) Some Sith or Jedi masters can will the force into making someone give birth to a force user. Which is probably why they try so hard to seek them out.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 29 December 2017

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
Angelus said:
V-r0cK said:

There is a very clear answer. The Director is on record that Kylo is telling her the truth, and that it in his (Rian Johnson's) mind, Rey's parents are nobody. His only addition to this, which leaves any room for possible future doubt, is that he's not directing the last part of the trilogy, and JJ may come back and be like "nah that was BS, I got other plans."

That's how I feel what's going to happen too lol

KLXVER said:
fory77 said:

idk man Anakin's mother was force-raped by a sith lord on the other side of the galaxy 

Well that explains why Anakin became so strong I guess, but he still had to train for years. Rey seems to just have been given it at some point. She could even best Kylo and Luke. It just seems a bit weird to me.

It's not weird. She has the power of "need no man" and "mary-sue". Basically feministic ideal wherein women are unrealistically superior and cannot do anything wrong and face no hardship. That's why she beat them.

I hope she's the daughter of Darth Plagus. That would be interesting since it's not a story the Jedi would tell.

But seriously IDK she's probably a Skywalker or something.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

I'll go with you OP.
Emo guy just lied.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

StarOcean said:
TLJ is essentially an angry response to TFA. I could see JJ reversing a few things for ep. 9. I think it is clear JJ set her up to be a Kenobi, imo. So I think he’ll retcon what Kylo said as a lie and make her one, or something else. Dunno. I dont think her parents are nobodies

Ben's been dead since ANH, and that was over 40 years ago: Rey is in her early 20s.