By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars fans, help me settle a bet (Warning: TLJ Spoilers)

Who are Rey’s parents?

Luke and ?? 4 12.50%

Han and Leia 3 9.38%

2 drunken peasants 17 53.13%

Chuck Norris 2 6.25%

Someone else 6 18.75%

Total:32
KLXVER said:
fory77 said:

idk man Anakin's mother was force-raped by a sith lord on the other side of the galaxy 

Well that explains why Anakin became so strong I guess, but he still had to train for years. Rey seems to just have been given it at some point. She could even best Kylo and Luke. It just seems a bit weird to me.

Luke had the upper hand with staves, until she summoned the saber.

Around the Network

For all we know, her "parents" may not even be her actual biological parents so they could potentially go that route.

She's a clone of Luke.  

I picked someone else.

She is definitely not a Skywalker. That would have come out in this movie plus they want to continue the saga without Skywalkers going forward. That family tree will basically die off with Kylo Ren.

However, the line about her parents in this movie was a false narrative created by Snoke as he was controlling the visions / communication between Rey and Kylo. Her real parentage will come out in the next movie.

What I hope it is not is another Anakin birth of the force scenario. Granted, I think Anakin was a creation of the Sith and its entirely possible so is Rey... even by the same individual... Snoke / Darth Plagueis.

Angelus said:
"RIAN JOHNSON: That’s what Kylo sees and that’s what he tells her and I think he’s not lying in that moment. That’s what he saw and she seems to believe it when she hears it. I don’t want to … I’m not writing the next film, we’ll see how they handle it going forward, and as we all know in these movies, there’s always a certain point of view that’s involved. But, for me, I’ll tell you that was the … I can understand why that answer doesn’t feel good. It’s not supposed to feel good. It’s supposed to be the hardest thing she could possibly hear in that moment."

So basically, unless JJ gives Rian's script the same middle finger that Rian did JJ's TFA's script (not entirely unlikely), Rey's parents are nobody.

So far, every single Disney Star Wars film has played out like a massive pile of jumbled bad ideas.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
TLJ is essentially an angry response to TFA. I could see JJ reversing a few things for ep. 9. I think it is clear JJ set her up to be a Kenobi, imo. So I think he’ll retcon what Kylo said as a lie and make her one, or something else. Dunno. I dont think her parents are nobodies

Kylo trying to explain why he lied

”what I said was true, from a certain point of view”

I am Iron Man

Porgs are her parents. She'll be a big Mary Sue regardless.

SpokenTruth said:
In the books, Han and Leia had a set twins: a boy (Jacen) and a girl (Jaina). Jacen grows up to be a sith lord - Darth Caedus (Kylo Ren anybody?). Jaina is raised in safe houses on various planets and isn't aware of her parentage early on. She begins training to be a Jedi by Luke Skywalker's wife and is eventually promoted to Jedi Knight by Luke himself.

But didn’t she die at a fairly young age? I thought that was why the boy turned to the dark side in the books. Plus, if we’re going off the books, I’m pretty sure Luke had 3 kids with Mara Jade. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

StarOcean said:
TLJ is essentially an angry response to TFA. I could see JJ reversing a few things for ep. 9. I think it is clear JJ set her up to be a Kenobi, imo. So I think he’ll retcon what Kylo said as a lie and make her one, or something else. Dunno. I dont think her parents are nobodies

I also had the same thought, mostly cause I like the name Rey Kenobi , however I realized she's born long after the battle of Endor, not to mention ANH so I'm not sure which Kenobi she would be the daughter of... She could be Obi-Wan's granddaughter though. I hope that's the case

Last edited by Teeqoz - on 29 December 2017

SpokenTruth said:
In the books, Han and Leia had a set twins: a boy (Jacen) and a girl (Jaina). Jacen grows up to be a sith lord - Darth Caedus (Kylo Ren anybody?). Jaina is raised in safe houses on various planets and isn't aware of her parentage early on. She begins training to be a Jedi by Luke Skywalker's wife and is eventually promoted to Jedi Knight by Luke himself.

Wow. That sounds a lot better than the travesty that was 8.