By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Freak looking to "hype up" Pokemon in 2018

The following blurb comes from Kazumasa Iwao of Game Freak, which was shared in the most recent issue of Famitsu.

“Happy New Year. In 2017 we were able to release Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon, and we express our deep gratitude to everyone who has been playing it. In 2018 we will still continue to hype up Pokemon, so please look forward to it.”

I have no idea what Mr. Iwao means by "hype up", but it certainly sounds like Pokemon fans should get excited!

https://gonintendo.com/stories/298644-game-freak-looking-to-hype-up-pokemon-in-2018

http://www.japanesenintendo.com/post/168965033074

Around the Network

I'm not sure Pokémon Switch will release next year, but I'm fairly certain if they're going to "hype" things up they'll certainly be revealing it next year.  Anyways if it is or if it isn't, looks like there will be something to get excited about next year.

Hyping up before we get another disappointment as they take one step forward and thirteen shuffles to the right, with everyone realizing the only difference we’ll see is probably prettier graphics

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not gonna be hyped until Gamefreak breaks boundaries

Could be "hype up" as in continue to release new special pokemon through events for their games throughout the year,  etc. Like getting Zeraora during an event in 2018 that coincides with a movie. Just to keep Pokemon in a fan's mind.

Doesn't necessarily need to be game trailers, release dates, etc. Although it could be. There is that thing with Detective Pikachu getting a European PEGI rating as well which hasn't been officially announced outside Japan. So maybe that's GameFreak's idea of "hype up".

Last edited by shoichi - on 26 December 2017

Maybe a tech demo, or a Pokedex type app with new models of first gen Pokemon in the new engine.

Around the Network

Just show it off next year. Release it in 2019. The sales will be amazing.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

I want Pokemon Snap 2.

There were rumors that Switch Pokemon will be in 2018. And if Nintendo expects a very high Switch sales for 2018. It could only mean that Animal Crossing and Pokemon will release in 2018.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Pokemon Switch will vaporize every other game upon lunch as far as sales go. There will be no competition.

Is that really necessary?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.