By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Game Freak looking to "hype up" Pokemon in 2018

I'm carefully exited. I'll buy it without a doubt and I'll definitely enjoy it, but I'm afraid that once again they'll make numerous mistakes and the games won't reach their potential.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
There were rumors that Switch Pokemon will be in 2018. And if Nintendo expects a very high Switch sales for 2018. It could only mean that Animal Crossing and Pokemon will release in 2018.

Thats not rumor, Pokemon company said they aiming holiday 2018. for Pokemon Switch release, but at this point its not certain if they will finish game on time for holiday 2018. release.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
Is that really necessary?

Until people are literally drowning in Pikachus, yes, more Pokemon hype is absolutely necessary!

Then let me do my part and get this over with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zbBIu7YL9E

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

BasilZero said:

Pokemon 8th gen with slightly better visuals than 7th gen (Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) in HD to be released Fall/Winter 2018 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Will come in two versions as always.

I would find it hard to believe Pokémon Switch would be "slightly better" with the visuals compared to 7th gen, especially since the tech between the Switch and the 3DS are miles apart. We can joke about "this is Game Freak we're talking about," but I don't think they would go that low in terms of creating home console visuals for the next mainline Pokémon game. They can utilize the various partners they have who have developed on consoles before, especially Nintendo EAD. Not saying its not possible, just that I think we would sell them short in terms of creating a Pokémon game appropriate for the Switch.

Ka-pi96 said:
vivster said:
Is that really necessary?

Until people are literally drowning in Pikachus, yes, more Pokemon hype is absolutely necessary!

We are already there.

Around the Network
Kai_Mao said:
BasilZero said:

Pokemon 8th gen with slightly better visuals than 7th gen (Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon) in HD to be released Fall/Winter 2018 exclusively for the Nintendo Switch.

Will come in two versions as always.

I would find it hard to believe Pokémon Switch would be "slightly better" with the visuals compared to 7th gen, especially since the tech between the Switch and the 3DS are miles apart. We can joke about "this is Game Freak we're talking about," but I don't think they would go that low in terms of creating home console visuals for the next mainline Pokémon game. They can utilize the various partners they have who have developed on consoles before, especially Nintendo EAD. Not saying its not possible, just that I think we would sell them short in terms of creating a Pokémon game appropriate for the Switch.

I would have felt that way too, but Gen 4 exists. Maybe it's just me, but Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are somehow uglier than the GBA games. They are also the SLOWEST main series games in existence; that's not subjective.

There's also the fact that many of the Pokemon  in the Stadium games on N64 somehow have better animations than many of the Pokemon in Gen 6 and 7.