By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Entropy. Nintendo can attack Sony but Sony can't attack Nintendo.

Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:
I don't get it. I mean Nintendo are business geniuses, but that doesn't mean Sony will fail anytime soon.

Rocks don't roll uphill.

Nintendo is impenetrable and Sony isn't. Time will do the rest.

That's just an empty statement. We don't know what Sony will do in the future or who will run their game division. 

Around the Network

Sayori and I wish you a Merry Christmas!

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
KLXVER said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Rocks don't roll uphill.

That's just an empty statement. We don't know what Sony will do in the future or who will run their game division. 

No. It isn't. Sony will die if they try and out-hybrid Nintendo. Nintendo can make a home console at any point. It doesn't matter if it's successful because they can pass it off as their hybrid prototype. They only have to get lucky once (like 360 did) and it's Game Over.

Sony going hybrid/portable is their only defense but holding back on power lets Microsoft win. If Sony produces a successful portable I'll change my mind but until then it's a losing battle (not to say they can't reap rewards in the interim).

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft can coexist. Merry Christmas.

Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:

No. It isn't. Sony will die if they try and out-hybrid Nintendo. Nintendo can make a home console at any point. It doesn't matter if it's successful because they can pass it off as their hybrid prototype. They only have to get lucky once (like 360 did) and it's Game Over.

Sony going hybrid/portable is their only defense but holding back on power lets Microsoft win. If Sony produces a successful portable I'll change my mind but until then it's a losing battle (not to say they can't reap rewards in the interim).

They have had 3 very successful consoles and 1 kinda successful console. Why do you think hybrid consoles are the only future for games and not VR or regular consoles?

Around the Network
Shikamo said:

Sayori and I wish you a Merry Christmas!

Nice, I just beat that game myself. Sayori sure is a happy fellow

Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:

While i don't think sony will go down that easily, we can agree on one thing: the sucess of playstation is because they have been doing near perfect decisions since the ps1. The only blunders in their home console line are the 600$ ps3 and the ps4 pro to an extent.

The vita ultimatly shows what happens if sony has a wii U moment. While ninty has endured and survived wii U moments while still pumping out great games sony... yeah. 

That's rubbish.  

All Sony needs do is dominate the point of collision.  Sure, Nintendo might attack the middle but that will leave space in the flat.  Nintendo can attack the ends but that just opens up the middle.  It's a situation where Nintendo is surrendering ground no matter what.  One step back?  Two steps forward.  A methodical march is as good as a quick strike.

I've prepared a visual aid to explain why you're wrong.

Pyro as Bill said:
KLXVER said:
I don't get it. I mean Nintendo are business geniuses, but that doesn't mean Sony will fail anytime soon.

...And yet, we live in a world where a Sony handheld outsold a Nintendo home console.

KLXVER said:
Pyro as Bill said:

They have had 3 very successful consoles and 1 kinda successful console. Why do you think hybrid consoles are the only future for games and not VR or regular consoles?

Playstation only thrives when the competition is shit.

Sony's on a dead end graphics path, Nintendo only cares about gameplay. Once power only results in better graphics instead of better gameplay, Nintendo will have won. Sony's fighting a losing battle and VR won't save them especially when Nintendo has a back catalogue of VR games that Sony can't compete with.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!