By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Entropy. Nintendo can attack Sony but Sony can't attack Nintendo.

Around the Network
RJTM1991 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Is that the same portable that led to Sony leaving the portable market? This is kind of my point. Sony can only attack top down but Nintendo can attack from beneath and top down if they choose. Nintendo is also capable of attacking from the side (Wii v PS3/360). If Nintendo was EA or Activision, Sony might stand a chance but Nintendo is staying in the dedicated hardware  market come what may. Sony will leave the second they see bigger profits elsewhere.

It's just a matter of time.

It was indeed! Still an achievement though, considering that both launched in the same year, were the same price, and the Vita lacked support.

That isn't an achievement.

'Vita lacked support'? Are you familiar with Nintendo's home consoles?

Nintendo had Smash Bros on Gamecube and Splatoon on WiiU. What does Sony have to show for their failures? Nothing. Even when Nintendo 'loses' they still end up with the biggest FPS(Goldeneye)/biggest fighter/1st party shooter. Sony has zilch. Even when Ninetendo 'loses' they still win at the long game.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

CGI-Quality said:
Thus, you openly admit this a trash thread and should be locked. Hmmm.....

By responding to Rol's loaded comment?

Nope.

CGI-Quality said:
Thus, you openly admit this a trash thread and should be locked. Hmmm.....

Lock it if it breaks the rules but I'd appreciate it if you also locked the crap that's been polluting the forums recently.

As things go, this thread is showing how the current gaming industry may be radically altered, not by one company necessarily being better than the other but by one side winning due to classic 'war of attrition' theory.

What are basing all of this on? The top selling brand in a given market won't die neither will it's competitors for the most part. I hope that you're not basing your theory on this forum.