By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What you you want improved in an early switch revision?

TheBraveGallade said:
BillyBlaze said:
I am genuinely amazed that nobody else seems to mention ergonomy. Because that is the main reason I haven't bought the Switch: Playing in handheld mode is extremely crampy for me thanks to the joy-cons. They offer no grip for above average sized hands, the buttons are too small and the layout of the right stick makes it almost impossible to play shooters like Splatoon 2 properly.

I wouldn't even need a complete revision of the console, just a modified set of joy-cons might be enough. However, as the 3DS has extremely bad ergonomy, too, I doubt that Nintendo is aware of or cares about the issue.

Handheld have ALWAYS sacrificed comfort for portability. Whats the point of being portable if its cumbersome? Handhelds need to keep a flat profile.

Honestly the switch is a HUGE step up from the ds/3ds in this and even managed to surpass the GBA in this reguard. And plus you can always use the included grip or a pro controller 

The Switch isn't a classical handheld considering that it is too big to be carried in a pocket. So why make the buttons even smaller than the 3DS buttons? What good is it to save a centimeter of length if you have to put the console in a backpack anyway?

But I get that most people don't seem to care about ergonomy as much as I do. For me a bad controller that will give me tendovaginite just completely ruins the fun of gaming, so portability or power cannot really make up for that.

Around the Network
BillyBlaze said:
TheBraveGallade said:

Handheld have ALWAYS sacrificed comfort for portability. Whats the point of being portable if its cumbersome? Handhelds need to keep a flat profile.

Honestly the switch is a HUGE step up from the ds/3ds in this and even managed to surpass the GBA in this reguard. And plus you can always use the included grip or a pro controller 

The Switch isn't a classical handheld considering that it is too big to be carried in a pocket. So why make the buttons even smaller than the 3DS buttons? What good is it to save a centimeter of length if you have to put the console in a backpack anyway?

But I get that most people don't seem to care about ergonomy as much as I do. For me a bad controller that will give me tendovaginite just completely ruins the fun of gaming, so portability or power cannot really make up for that.

Well unlike the 3ds, the switch has options.

As for portability, fitting flat is nessisary for comfortably fitting onto laptop backpacks, and in einter the switch fits onto most of the large inner coat pockets.

Also with joycons seperated the switch is actually smaller than a 3ds XL so...

Nothing important. I don't want to buy a new Switch soon.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

The kickstand is too flimsy, making that more sturdy and flexible would be great. 

A web browser so it can be hacked easier.

The bezel can go in favor of a bigger screen. They did a great job of that with the 2DS XL.

A lot more storage would be great too. 128GB at least.

I think we'd all love a gorilla glass screen. Dunno how touch capabilities would work with that though.

Oh and a way better dock and cheaper controllers but that isn't related directly to the console.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

Switch should get at least two revisions I reckon. Every successful Nintendo system has had at least one.

A (well designed) revision can give a price-cut-like sales boost without actually having to cut the price.

Around the Network
specialk said:
sergiodaly said:
Costing more than 150

How is life in fantasy land?

PS3 started with a 499/599 price tag and I bought one new for 140 euro. It started with 20gb and 60gb storage options and end up with 500gb option being available... This is just one example... Are you telling me Nintendo will not have price cuts nor improved SKUs? 

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

4K and 60 fps in all games. But just the graphics of PC games on high, not very high.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

All this talk of revisions takes me back to these badboys

Pavolink said:
Nothing important. I don't want to buy a new Switch soon.

Yep. 

I have a lot of kids in my family, and we have been playing Switch over the holidays.  One big thing that I have noticed is that younger kids cannot grasp the concept of manipulating the joycons to different games.  They get confused and frustrated when they go from a horizontal one joycon layout with one game to a vertical two joycon layout with another game. I'm talking about 4-7 year olds.  Also that age range is much rougher with controllers in general and much more with a console where the controllers are detachable like Switch.  As much as I hate to say it and would rather have a no bezel, more powerful update first, the Switch really needs a handheld only version this next year for small children where the controllers do not detach and can sync up with a primary household Switch for multiplayer games.

If it is really going to replace the 3DS entirely, it needs this.