By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Got an Xbox One for free

Azzanation said:

Also keep in mind your X1 replaces your 360 and OG Xbox thanks to the BC.

There are still a few thousand games the Xbox One can't play from those platforms, still to early to call that, which is why I kept my old consoles. ;)

I would be over the moon if Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and Naruto: The Broken Bond were playable on the Xbox One for instance, but it is never going to happen.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
darkrulier said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Gears of War 4 is really great. I think that's the only great "exclusive" I've played. Xbox One is a nice deal if you have a back catalog of Xbox 360 & OG Xbox games, and if you subscribe to GWG.

The list of must-have exclusives, compared to the competition, is pretty paltry, however :(

Yeah I notice the lack of exclusives right off the bat. I guess I'm spoiled with Nintendo and Sony exclusives.

My attitude is if you can find like 10 games you enjoy or expect to come, then ANY console is worth having.

So between multiple Halo (MCC, 5), Gears (Ultimate, 4), Forza (6, 7, Horizon 2, Horizon 3), Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, Cuphead, and maybe some of the other mid tier stuff like Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Recore, etc. Those are games worth checking out.

Furthermore, support is STILL coming. You can also revisit some games via BC.

One of my least used consoles ever is the Wii U. But I never bitch about it because I enjoyed the few games I played on it.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

There are still a few thousand games the Xbox One can't play from those platforms, still to early to call that, which is why I kept my old consoles. ;)

I would be over the moon if Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and Naruto: The Broken Bond were playable on the Xbox One for instance, but it is never going to happen.

Frankly, the 360 and OG Xbox had so much junk that most arguably isn't worth adding to BC. So I wouldn't entertain the notion there are still over a thousand games not BC, given most is crap or very dated.

I wouldn't suggest tossing out your 360 or OG Xbox either given not every notable game is on BC.

But if I were gonna make a list of games that BC needed to make me get rid of my old consoles, it would be a pretty small list. So I believe there are people who feel BC already has every game they need or was ported to X1.

Hence, not every game needs to be BC. It would be nice but unnecessary given most wouldn't be used much if at all.

Last edited by Mr Puggsly - on 23 December 2017

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

Ahhh...a Naruto fan. I am too! I still have both of those Naruto games you've mentioned. I'm surprised PS3 didn't get those games, yet the 360 got the Storm games. Well at least from Storm 2 to the one before the current game.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

d21lewis said:
darkrulier said:

Xbox gamer tag is darkrulier, same as my vgc name, its also the same for my PS network account if you want to add me there as well!

I shall! Be on the lookout for a free game from me in the near future.

Awesome!!! Thanks!!!

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
Azzanation said:

The list will miss games however the list will only get bigger. I packed up my 360 because the X1 had all the games I cared about from the 360 as a BC title.

Shame those Naruto games aren't available for BC, however never say never. You just might be surprised. I haven't played those Naruto games, I am guessing there decent titles.

Mr Puggsly said:

Frankly, the 360 and OG Xbox had so much junk that most arguably isn't worth adding to BC. So I wouldn't entertain the notion there are still over a thousand games not BC, given most is crap or very dated.

Well. I never stated that they were all great titles. Just that the vast majority of games are not backwards compatible.

Mr Puggsly said:

I wouldn't suggest tossing out your 360 or OG Xbox either given not every notable game is on BC.

Agreed.

Mr Puggsly said:

But if I were gonna make a list of games that BC needed to make me get rid of my old consoles, it would be a pretty small list. So I believe there are people who feel BC already has every game they need or was ported to X1.

That of course will vary from person to person. I actually have a long list of games I hope and wish to see. - Some that will never happen obviously due to publishers loosing their license, Naruto: Rise of a Ninja and the Broken Bond being a prime example.

Don't get me wrong, backwards compatibility is great, but there are limitations.
Last gen when Microsoft was rolling out Backwards compatibility on the Xbox 360, Microsoft got about half the original Xbox games library before they gave up on the scheme, which was a real shame.

The advantage with software based approaches is that you can drastically improve image quality and performance...
But a hardware based backwards compatibility approach will generally have almost 100% compatibility.

Mr Puggsly said:

Hence, not every game needs to be BC. It would be nice but unnecessary given most wouldn't be used much if at all.

Not every game needs to be backwards compatible, but it sure as hell would be fantastic wouldn't it?

At-least then you don't need to look at some list on wikipedia before propping in a disk to see if it will work on the Xbox One or if you need to find, set-up and dust off the old console and possibly do a heap of updates.

Azzanation said:

The list will miss games however the list will only get bigger. I packed up my 360 because the X1 had all the games I cared about from the 360 as a BC title.

I have hundreds of games on the original Xbox and Xbox 360. Probably almost 500~ all told, if not more. And my collection only gets bigger and bigger as I find more games to buy.
My Xbox 360 and Original Xbox are in the games room, if I don't own a digital copy of those games and they don't appear on my Xbox One dash, I will play it on the original hardware.

Azzanation said:

Shame those Naruto games aren't available for BC, however never say never. You just might be surprised. I haven't played those Naruto games, I am guessing there decent titles.

I am willing to put money on "never". I'm not kidding. You keen? ;)

There is a reason why Ubisoft stopped selling the game and even went as far as removing the DLC from Xbox Live!

Rafie said:

Ahhh...a Naruto fan. I am too! I still have both of those Naruto games you've mentioned. I'm surprised PS3 didn't get those games, yet the 360 got the Storm games. Well at least from Storm 2 to the one before the current game.

I am an everything fan. :)

Yeah it was a shame they didn't make it over to PC either, I would hazard a guess that Microsoft paid Ubisoft for the exclusivity?
They are probably one of the better Naruto games too, I actually preferred them over the Storm series.

Last edited by Pemalite - on 24 December 2017

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Jigsawx1 said:
State of decay is also cool

This is why I love reading all threads for all consoles/Devices, I was meaning to pick this game up ages ago on steam but they replaced the original with a GOTY edition at £20+... because of your reminder I just checked it out on steam and its £5.75 with all DLC... So getting that now...yay.

Thanks Jigsawx1 :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

darkrulier said:
d21lewis said:

I shall! Be on the lookout for a free game from me in the near future.

Awesome!!! Thanks!!!

Your time has come. PM me the name of a game you're interested in (for $30 or less...) and I'll send it to you. There's a big sale going on so you should be able to get something great!