By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Got an Xbox One for free

Gears, Halo, Sunset OD, Cuphead.  Or give it back.  

Around the Network
dgboweniii said:

Gears, Halo, Sunset OD, Cuphead.  Or give it back.  

Hell no!!! I'm keeping it, lol

Gears of War 4 is really great. I think that's the only great "exclusive" I've played. Xbox One is a nice deal if you have a back catalog of Xbox 360 & OG Xbox games, and if you subscribe to GWG.

The list of must-have exclusives, compared to the competition, is pretty paltry, however :(

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Gears of War 4 is really great. I think that's the only great "exclusive" I've played. Xbox One is a nice deal if you have a back catalog of Xbox 360 & OG Xbox games, and if you subscribe to GWG.

The list of must-have exclusives, compared to the competition, is pretty paltry, however :(

Yeah I notice the lack of exclusives right off the bat. I guess I'm spoiled with Nintendo and Sony exclusives.

Go for Ori and Cuphead. Probably one of the best games of the system

Around the Network

Here is a pretty good compilation of exclusive games if you mainly look for those: https://gematsu.com/exclusives/xbox-one

It might not have as many exclusives as PS4 but the list is very impressive nonetheless. I would like to see some of the older games return thoguh, like Project Gotham Racing, Blinx, Kameo, Conker, Splinter cell and so many more.

I would recommend the Halo games (Halo 5 might have the worst SP next to Halo 2, but IMO it has the best MP by far), Gears series, Forza Horizon series, Ori, Ori 2 when it comes out, Cuphead, Quantum break, Sunset overdrive, Halo wars 1-2, Recore, Titanfall, Killer instinct, Kalimba. Also, the OG Xbox games are starting so come to X1 so you will have all those to get into aswell :).

360 games alone make Xbox One a ecent console for exclusives. I know, old stuff, yet Switch and PlayStation gamers buy that stuff again while One owners can simply pick a Fable 2 or Lost Odyssey and play it on their One. And those oold games look sharper and run better on Xbone. It's probably the best console for Dark Souls for example.

Exclusives is always a like it or not. The One is getting more and more at least console exclusive indie games right now and definitely has good to great exlusives. Forza Horizon 3 is a must if one likes racing games, Sunset Overdrive wasn't only fun but totally different to 99% of current shooters.
Quantum Break is a love it or hate it i think, primarily because of the story telling Remedy did there.

darkrulier said:

There's almost no 1st party titles and the multiplats are better on PS4. Anyways, I'll keep it just to play Halo and Gears but man, I feel the Xbox One is nothing compared to what the 360 was.

There are a few 1st party titles, but they are all fairly old releases.

But you aren't wrong, the Xbox One is nothing compared to the 360.

Mar1217 said:

Or you know ...

Just keep your freaking old-gen consoles with you instead of selling them =_=

I do. But it can't be denied the Xbox One can play those older games better.

However... Buying a brand new generation console and only playing old games is a waste in my opinion.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I do. But it can't be denied the Xbox One can play those older games better.

However... Buying a brand new generation console and only playing old games is a waste in my opinion.

So, you wouldn't buy games like God of War 3 or Last of Us remastered?  :-p

Maybe my point of view on 'old' is different, but there are some good to great exclusives for Xbox One. Not so much for 2017 maybe, but if someone hasn't played them it shouldn't matter if they are from 2016 or 2015.

@Mar1217: My 360 is in my daughters room right now. With games playing and looking slightly better on Xbone, headphone audio via controller and so on One Xbox is enough for the living room, at least for me.

Post your gamertag. Maybe I'll gift you a game or two. Or try the free trial for Game Pass.