By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Got an Xbox One for free

d21lewis said:

Post your gamertag. Maybe I'll gift you a game or two. Or try the free trial for Game Pass. 

Xbox gamer tag is darkrulier, same as my vgc name, its also the same for my PS network account if you want to add me there as well!

Around the Network
darkrulier said:
d21lewis said:

Post your gamertag. Maybe I'll gift you a game or two. Or try the free trial for Game Pass. 

Xbox gamer tag is darkrulier, same as my vgc name, its also the same for my PS network account if you want to add me there as well!

I shall! Be on the lookout for a free game from me in the near future.

Get ReCore!

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I sold mine a month ago. It was barely getting any use plus as much as I want to own every platform, dont have the time as I used to. Barely have time for one console.

captain carot said:

So, you wouldn't buy games like God of War 3 or Last of Us remastered?  :-p

I wouldn't buy a console to strictly play those games or any remastered/re-released games for that matter.

captain carot said:

Maybe my point of view on 'old' is different, but there are some good to great exclusives for Xbox One. Not so much for 2017 maybe, but if someone hasn't played them it shouldn't matter if they are from 2016 or 2015.

I am not denying there are some great exclusives on the Xbox One, Sunset Overdrive is especially charming.

But the great and amazing exclusive games are few and far between, to me it's been a massive issue since the original Xbox, it seemed like Microsoft was rectifying that about halfway through the Xbox 360 generation, but then the support seemed to have imploded.

And keep in mind that as a PC gamer, the Xbox One basically has no exclusives.

captain carot said:

@Mar1217: My 360 is in my daughters room right now. With games playing and looking slightly better on Xbone, headphone audio via controller and so on One Xbox is enough for the living room, at least for me.

My games room has the Original Xbox, Xbox 360, Playstation 2, NES Classic, SNES Classic, Playstation 3, Megadrive and Atari Flashbacks, 3DS and a HTPC.

The Xbox One X is the only console in my living room, it doesn't get used because there is no point right now.

I might also pick up a Playstation 4 if they drop to $250 AUD on boxing day.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Don't have a gaming only room right now. If so, there would be at least some space for PS1 and PS2, a small CRT and stuff like that. Living room space is a bit limited for some reasons, so right now there's only Retropie and SNES Classic for retro stuff, Wii U, Xbox One and soon Switch.

If Sony had real backwards compatiblity for PS4, for me that would be a great reason to get a PS4. Right now it would just enlarge my pile of shame though.

Main reason I haven't upgraded my 360, there is literally zero titles that interest me. Compared to the 360 which for me had 5-6 must own exclusives.

Here is a list of games you can play now

Killer Instinct

Ryse

Titanfall

Quantum Break

Sunset Overdrive

Ori and the Blind Forest

Cobalt

Forza Horizon 3

Halo MCC

Halo 5

Halo Wars 2

Gears Ultimate Edition

Gears 4

State of Decay DE

Recore DE

Super Lucky's Tales

Rare's Replay

Games you should keep an eye on in 2018

Sea of Thieves

Ori Will of the Wisp

Crackdown 3

State of Decay 2

Also keep in mind your X1 replaces your 360 and OG Xbox thanks to the BC.

Heaps of games to try out, and many gems.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 24 December 2017

State of decay is also cool

Outside of Halo, the exclusives are thin. But the online... man. After using PSN for a couple years it feels like I've parted the seas. No more "scheduled maintenance" for me. Now I use my Switch for Nintendo exclusives, PS4 for Sony exclusives and Xbox One for online multi-platform games. That and Halo, Cuphead and the other few exclusives it has.