By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 2016 VS. 2017

Which year was better?

2016 2 8.70%

2017 21 91.30%

Total:23

Almost all of the things that keep us busy are just single events. There are so many things going on in the world, so the total amount of good and bad things is roughly the same every year.

Around the Network

Well, I thought this was going to be a gaming-related thread, but I see you just picked 3 words you didn't like and threw them together to create "Fascist Communist Cunts".

CaptainExplosion said:

Which was the better year?

2016 is often regarded as a horrible year, because it had the increase in racial violence, America electing a heartless rich moron, great people like Alan Rickman and David Bowie dying, that fat Korean guy threatening everyone else more than ever, increased distrust towards the police, a gorilla shot because of some dumb bitch who can't look after her own child, and the Fort McMurry fire.

2017 has had fatso constantly firing rockets at Japan, celebrities getting called rapists left and right, Nazis on the rise in America, net neutrality killed by Fascist Communist Cunts, The Emoji Movie actually exists, and YouTube is shitting on content creators even more now.

However, given the comparison, I'd say 2017 has been the better year, unless you think it's too early to tell.

A better acronym for the FCC would've been Fat Corporate Cunts

2017 overall is better.

For the world? Better. India is continuing to improve, countries are starting to focus on preserving the Earth, and in general they’re moving towards progressive viewpoints.

The US? Lol - not gonna start on them

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

2016 is often regarded as a horrible year, because it had the increase in racial violence, America electing a heartless rich moron, great people like Alan Rickman and David Bowie dying, that fat Korean guy threatening everyone else more than ever, increased distrust towards the police, a gorilla shot because of some dumb bitch who can't look after her own child, and the Fort McMurry fire.

2017 has had fatso constantly firing rockets at Japan, celebrities getting called rapists left and right, Nazis on the rise in America, net neutrality killed by Fascist Communist Cunts, The Emoji Movie actually exists, and YouTube is shitting on content creators even more now.

However, given the comparison, I'd say 2017 has been the better year, unless you think it's too early to tell.

Is that a bad thing or a good thing?

I would consider it a good thing. I don't care how much I liked a person or how cool they are important. Any and all rapists, pedophiles, ect being exposed and their life being ruined is a good thing in my book.

Nazi's are not on the rise. Just cause the few hundred that exist are more vocal on social media does not mean Nazi's are on the rise. There are just as many if not more people on every other side of whatever argument out there. One does not have to look hard for example to find some black person calling for the deaths of white people or something of that nature. Does that one persons views represent all of black people? Hell no. Same as a few white supremacists don't represent white people.

Don't forget Prince dying in 2016 for iconic people.

2017 had the release of the Switch. Zelda breath of the wild finally launched and is the first year since 2008 which has yoy up hardware. When PS is considered we saw the launch of Horizon and Persona 5. Also Crash returned and there where some pretty damn good PS exclusives. But we also see that the game industry is getting greedy with loot boxes and trying to make p2w as addictive as possible. Also big companies are moving further away from SP games.

2016 saw the launch of Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank and Overwatch. It was a year with great announcements, but overall releases weren't all that great. So 2017 was a better game year and in the end that's all that matters on a games forum.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Every year gets better.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

CaptainExplosion said:

You think net neutrality was killed by communists? You don't know what communism is do you and I believe they were republicans and a republican communist would be a funny thing to witness. Anyways a lot more happened in 2016 and 2017 than theses two it's just your news outlets don't inform you. 2016 Syrians are still dying 2017 Syrians are still dying. 2016 one of the greatest men ever Abdul Sattar Edhi died(research him). Afghan Pakistan tensions rise as Afghanis kill major at border in 2016. Afghanistan Indian relationships getting better Afghanistan Pakistan relationships crumble. Pakistan China relationships keep getting better and better with CPEC. Daesh losing more and more ground in 2016 and 2017.middle eastern Terrorism still affecting Muslims the most than any other group. In 2017 Venezuela's conditions worsen and people are dying of hunger while the leader refuses aid. Drumpf destroys middle Eastern relationships in 2017. Bashar Al Assad at the brink of victory in 2017 and USA is sweating bullets. Oh brexit happened in 2016 right and the government of UK showed how incompetent they are at dealing with it. And the Prime Minister of Pakistan gets removed by court in 2017 based on clmoney laundering and corruption charges. Canada enacts the stupid bill C-16 which makes calling someone by the wrong gender a human rights offence in 2016. In 2017 California implements a stupid law that makes hiv patients do whatever they want infect whomever they want and not get criminal charges at all. Catalonia declares independence from Spain in 2017 Spain turns into a sort of dictatorship forcing Catalonians to be part of their regime. France elects new pm Emanuel Macron. Turkey in 2016 enacts a law that abolishes pmship and make the president have unimaginable amounts of power. Fidel Castro dies. China's power continues to rise while Russia American tensions start to rise as well. And that's not all I am just telling you what I remember a shit ton more happened

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

monocle_layton said:
For the world? Better. India is continuing to improve, countries are starting to focus on preserving the Earth, and in general they’re moving towards progressive viewpoints.

The US? Lol - not gonna start on them

Overall maybe but Pakistan lost its pm due to corruption charges in 2017 which can be good or bad since instability gives rise to dictatorship and turkey outright voted erdogan their king. Yemen and Venezuela are maybe getting worse while China and India continue to rise and Russia is slowly gaining more and more political influence while countries have started to get annoyed with the US which to me is better to be quite honest. And Canada with their stupid c-16 law still in place in 2017 wouldn't call that better. 

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also