By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Playground Games(Forza Horizon Devs) New Game will be a Microsoft Exclusive. And it's a Established IP

trasharmdsister12 said:

Just to throw one out in left field, what if they're finishing up the existing investment on Scalebound and releasing it? It kind of fits the whole Action RPG/"returning" IP rumours as well.

It isn't likely and I don't believe that's the case but it would be interesting.

This crossed my mind as well.

Around the Network
reviniente said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Just to throw one out in left field, what if they're finishing up the existing investment on Scalebound and releasing it? It kind of fits the whole Action RPG/"returning" IP rumours as well.

It isn't likely and I don't believe that's the case but it would be interesting.

It's not impossible but doesn't Platinum have some stake in the game? I thought they owned the IP or something?

shikamaru317 said:
Definitely seems likely that it's a Fable reboot then since we already know from job listing that it's an Action RPG.

I have my fingers cross its a Fable game with cars.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

IamAwsome said:
reviniente said:

It's not impossible but doesn't Platinum have some stake in the game? I thought they owned the IP or something?

MS own the Scalebound IP, I doubt that MS will revive it with a different developer though.

I hope it's Fable, no need to create a new IP when theres nothing wrong with the IPs they currently own. Fingers crossed for the rise of Fable. I have good faith with Playground games reputation. They are amazing devs.

Than again iv read some say Scale Bound is possible aswell. Either one would be great.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 24 December 2017

Around the Network

Forza Horizon is a good game, I know MS had an exclusives problem but if there way any I would keep around it would be FH!

2018 Hit List: Shadow of the Colossus, Detroit, Dreams, Spider-Man, God Of War, Days Gone, Medievil, Tomb Raider 3, RDR2 

EspadaGrim said:
IamAwsome said:

MS own the Scalebound IP, I doubt that MS will revive it with a different developer though.

I also doubt they would revive Scalebound with different developer, think of the shitstorm Microsoft would get if they do this. Maybe they could use some assets from scalebound for new game, but thats about it.

I would have been more surprised if Microsoft didn't pay for the exclusivity of these game. Playground Games made the best Xbox One AAA first-party exclusive game this gen so it would be stupid for MS to let them go multiplatform. Also, when they announced about opening the second team in a new building I thought that they probably secured some contract that gave them that much money.

RoboTin said:
EspadaGrim said:

I also doubt they would revive Scalebound with different developer, think of the shitstorm Microsoft would get if they do this. Maybe they could use some assets from scalebound for new game, but thats about it.

I've just wanted to write the same thing. I don't see Scalebound revival without Platinum Games and Kamiya. Just imagine how it will piss off Platinum and Kamiya fans if Microsoft will do this. 

Azzanation said:

I hope it's Fable, no need to create a new IP when theres nothing wrong with the IPs they currently own. Fingers crossed for the rise of Fable. I have good faith with Playground games reputation. They are amazing devs.

Than again iv read some say Scale Bound is possible aswell. Either one would be great.

The Fable franchise basically got its charme from the quirky writing and British humour and nonetheless its lead creator. I’m not sure this can easily be replicated but at least Playground got the British roots for a start. I hope so...I loved Fable 1, not so sure about 2&3 though.

Didn’t PG already announce that their open world RPG would be multi platform?

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 24 December 2017