By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rumor: Playground Games(Forza Horizon Devs) New Game will be a Microsoft Exclusive. And it's a Established IP

pitzy272 said:

Didn’t PG already announce that their open world RPG would be multi platform?

No, they haven't said anything about the game except that it will be made by a new team and that it will be open-world RPG.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Just noticed that they've announced some of the people they've hired for the new team.

• Production Director on this new game was a Senior Producer on SW Battlefront 2 at DICE and before that worked at Kojima Productions for 10 years on various Metal Gear games including MGS V.
  • Chief Designer worked at Rockstar North for 8 years on GTA V as a level and game designer and then later as the Senior Online Mission Flow Designer.
  • Principal Combat Director worked at Ninja Theory as Senior Designer on Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and at Tequila Works on Rime. 

Team is shaping up nicely so far. 

Interesting. I assume it’s a next gen game anyway. I wonder why they’d talk about the project so early in the process.

Errorist76 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Just noticed that they've announced some of the people they've hired for the new team.

• Production Director on this new game was a Senior Producer on SW Battlefront 2 at DICE and before that worked at Kojima Productions for 10 years on various Metal Gear games including MGS V.
  • Chief Designer worked at Rockstar North for 8 years on GTA V as a level and game designer and then later as the Senior Online Mission Flow Designer.
  • Principal Combat Director worked at Ninja Theory as Senior Designer on Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice and at Tequila Works on Rime. 

Team is shaping up nicely so far. 

Interesting. I assume it’s a next gen game anyway. I wonder why they’d talk about the project so early in the process.

Well, you seem to be wondering things based on assumptions that this is next gen... There is your answer.

OP: Other than Fable, I'm not sure what else it could be... I really hope they are not taking over the dev. of Scalebound but more a new Fable or something similar.

derpysquirtle64 said:

I would have been more surprised if Microsoft didn't pay for the exclusivity of these game. Playground Games made the best Xbox One AAA first-party exclusive game this gen so it would be stupid for MS to let them go multiplatform. Also, when they announced about opening the second team in a new building I thought that they probably secured some contract that gave them that much money.

RoboTin said:

I also doubt they would revive Scalebound with different developer, think of the shitstorm Microsoft would get if they do this. Maybe they could use some assets from scalebound for new game, but thats about it.

I've just wanted to write the same thing. I don't see Scalebound revival without Platinum Games and Kamiya. Just imagine how it will piss off Platinum and Kamiya fans if Microsoft will do this. 

I also agree with this. They don't want an even WORSE reputation in Japan than they have now. 

trasharmdsister12 said:

Just to throw one out in left field, what if they're finishing up the existing investment on Scalebound and releasing it? It kind of fits the whole Action RPG/"returning" IP rumours as well.

It isn't likely and I don't believe that's the case but it would be interesting.

That's exactly what I thought. It would make me very happy and hyped, but a Fable reboot would make me glad as well.