By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 11th November 2017, Hardware

finalrpgfantasy said:
DonFerrari said:

Globally in USA.

You beat me to it.

=] we have put that for some pages already kkkk

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Switch doesn't appear to be getting a holiday boost atm. Seems strange. Unless those numbers from Nintendo are from before the 10th. Dec. Maybe from the end of November? That would make more sense but that's just conjecture from me.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:
Switch doesn't appear to be getting a holiday boost atm. Seems strange. Unless those numbers from Nintendo are from before the 10th. Dec. Maybe from the end of November? That would make more sense but that's just conjecture from me.

VGC has switch at 8.5m as of 11th November. Nintendo said Switch is 10m on the 12th December. Seems pretty good to me, if anything Switch is overtracked.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Great sales for the Xbone and the PS4. Switch doing well too, though I wish it was higher. I wonder when will we get the software chart.

DonFerrari said:
finalrpgfantasy said:

You beat me to it.

Really?  Didn't see it.  

Around the Network

Well, the Xbox One X seems to actually have been a pretty big success for what it is, I assume that Microsoft are satisfied with the sales at least.

CGI-Quality said:

I don't think the Xbox One X can be called a success nor failure at this time. I still remember the release buzz surrounding the Kinect - how it was the "fastest-selling consumer electronics device ever" and the like. Seven years later, it's like Microsoft wants to forget it ever existed.

Not saying that the X will follow suit, but I don't think a console's (iterative or otherwise) launch numbers mean it's a guaranteed success. I'm hoping that it and the Pro are mere one-offs and next gen sees no such device(s)

I'd call the Kinect 1.0 a pretty big success, it sold over 20 million units, had the 360's best-selling game and drove sales for the Slim version in 2010.

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'd call the Kinect 1.0 a pretty big success, it sold over 20 million units, had the 360's best-selling game and drove sales for the Slim version in 2010.

Relative success, perhaps, but the point remains. 

Enough of a success for them to want to continue it on their successor.

finalrpgfantasy said:
DonFerrari said:

Really?  Didn't see it.  

Yep... well globally in USA is a trademark around here so used on every opportunity... and "is killing it" also became one.

CGI-Quality said:

I don't think the Xbox One X can be called a success nor failure at this time. I still remember the release buzz surrounding the Kinect - how it was the "fastest-selling consumer electronics device ever" and the like. Seven years later, it's like Microsoft wants to forget it ever existed.

Not saying that the X will follow suit, but I don't think a console's (iterative or otherwise) launch numbers mean it's a guaranteed success. I'm hoping that it and the Pro are mere one-offs and next gen sees no such device(s)

Why would you as an enthusiast wish no midgen?

CGI-Quality said:
VGPolyglot said:

Enough of a success for them to want to continue it on their successor.

A successor they would then kill off like a cockroach. That's why I called it a relative success.

In this way we can't say Wii was successful because we had to do the same to WiiU?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

ArchangelMadzz said:
peachbuggy said:

VGC has switch at 8.5m as of 11th November. Nintendo said Switch is 10m on the 12th December. Seems pretty good to me, if anything Switch is overtracked.

My point is, the Switch doesn't seem to be getting a seasonal boost, from those numbers. I'm aware Nintendo made the announcement on the 12th. All i'm saying is those figures weren't necessarily for up to that exact date. If anything,it would take at least a few days for the numbers to filter through to Nintendo and Nintendo gave no date as to when the figures were from. If they were from an earlier date, then that would explain why Nintendo doesn't seem to be getting a seasonal boost with the Switch yet on this site.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!