By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly, 11th November 2017, Hardware

trunkswd said:
Zekkyou said:

Alrighty, thanks. Good work by the way; no matter what it seems like you guys are within a few percent for the Switch!

I am proud with how close we have been with Switch sales so far. It is nice how often we get official Nintendo and Sony figures. If only Microsoft would release Xbox One figures. 

They release more relevant information, like MAU =p

But yep, they releasing sold through help a lot.

Poweranimals said:
I understand why XBox One numbers are so high but where did the PS4 boost come from?

From it being PS4... seems like it is just a little above last year on the same period.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
DonFerrari said:

because it's PS4, it keep selling higher than what we would expect.

seems so, happy about and thinking about the games that are coming out next year;)

Yep. PS4 and Switch seem to have a lot of good games coming. Waiting to see what X1 have to release.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Poweranimals said:
I understand why XBox One numbers are so high but where did the PS4 boost come from?

Aeolus451 said:
Those numbers look off.

PS4 Killed November, but also VGC needs to do catchup as there are 70m sold as of 3rd december.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Poweranimals said:

Aeolus451 said:
Those numbers look off.

PS4 Killed November, but also VGC needs to do catchup as there are 70m sold as of 3rd december.

But Switch is at 10 million but I don't see them playing catchup on that. 

Yes vgchartz is a good site but they are behind. All 3 companies have more sales as previously stated by power animals.

Poweranimals said:

Switch is at 10M as of decmber 10th... so basically VGC has 1.5M sales to allocate in the next 4 weeks. If anything that could mean the current numbers for the switch are overtracked.  

The PS4 was at 70.6M as of december 3rd., which means that right now VGC has to allocate 3.4M sales over the next 3 weeks. If anything that means the PS4 to this point may be undertracked.

Around the Network
Poweranimals said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Yeah, a month from the 11th on November. 1.5m of a sales in a month is reasonable to think they're up to date right now. 

VGC have 3 weeks to catch up on 3.4m of PS4 sales. (Although they're also likely to adjust previous weeks)

Gamer147 said:
Yes vgchartz is a good site but they are behind. All 3 companies have more sales as previously stated by power animals.

look at the dates said sales were announced or cover... then look at the current date of sales on VGC....... of course they are behind. If VGC had 70.6M sales for the PS4 as of 11th November then it means they are overtracking the PS4 by as much as 3M+

Hiku said:
Pinkie_pie said:

That was npd. Worldwide, xbox one probably sold more

Of course. Globally. That's where Xbox is the strongest.

Can we please stop ahahaha.

Hiku said:
Pinkie_pie said:

That was npd. Worldwide, xbox one probably sold more

Globally in USA.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Hiku said:

Globally in USA.

You beat me to it.