By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Comcast and others are already raising their prices

ironmanDX said:
But Mr. Pai told me that it would make internet more affordable?

What a joke.

did he? I thought I read elsewhere that he had been at the position since the last admin.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

B-b-but no net neutrality means prices are gonna go down! Gimme a break. Saw this coming. 

bigjon said:
ironmanDX said:
But Mr. Pai told me that it would make internet more affordable?

What a joke.

did he? I thought I read elsewhere that he had been at the position since the last admin.

Wat. Miss quote?

What does this have to do with NN?

Seems like inflation to me.

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
bigjon said:

Wat. Miss quote?

no I am not sure, I was under the impression he had been in the job before Trump. Want to see that he is a Trump plant or not. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Pagan said:

I am paying for Sky, Internet, 2 mobile numbers and one Home Number 330 swiss francs. I thought thats expensive. And swiss internet is working with lightspeed. Thats really expensive over there.

Swiss Franc appears to be almost equal to USD. You pay that monthly? I thought internet/telecom service was a lot cheaper in Europe due to more consumer friendly practices and healthier competition.

That's called inflation.

Last edited by Stefan.De.Machtige - on 20 December 2017

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Yeah, because the cable companies NEVER raised their prices in the past 30 years...

My family had Comcast cable going back to the early 90s, and every year the basic and premium packages would get more and more expensive. Then when broadband was introduced in the early 00s, the initial price was $19.99 for 3 mos then $30/mo afterwards. It's now nearly triple that for internet access (plus modem) alone, although the down/upload speeds are infinitely faster today than when cable internet was first introduced (average speeds back then were at like 300k-500k/s despite being advertised as much faster).

Bottom line is Net Neutrality has NOTHING to do with the cable and internet companies continuing to do what they've been doing for decades now. Anyone who seriously thought that leaving NN in place would prohibit cable / ISP providers from raising their prices or offering different tiers / packages for various levels of service... well I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for ya, REAL cheap too!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Don't worry! The cable companies all think that broadband is way too cheap so analysts think that they'll be raising the prices for that substantially. Everyone will get their chance to help fund innovation!