By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Valve removes Japanese game from steam because its audience are Pedophiles, according to them

I am not surprised that many people here are upset because the game was removed. Or are those anime avatars also "not sexual"?

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Around the Network
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
I am not surprised that many people here are upset because the game was removed. Or are those anime avatars also "not sexual"?

Nice avatar.

Leadified said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Nice avatar.

Thanks. It's not fake (news).

- Single-player Game

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

It's a Japanese game. Their culture and age of consent is different. Sure, it's pushing things but It's somewhat normal there. The west really can't say anything about sexualizing pre-teens and teenagers or depicting young teens in adult situations especially with TV. That show on netflix, big mouth is a recent example of what I mean. If that's not enough, children beauty pageants skirt around the line.  

Britney was 16 when she did this vid and become a pop star.

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

So are you acknowledging that the devs are objectifying the virtual characters? 

Nope, I'm acknowledging that you are seeing it like this. And that unless you think someone that shoot pixels is a murderer then there is no point to be made of objetification.

Then again, why would a developer draw a frames of a 9 years old pointed up at their crotch whilst the character is sat staring down at the camera? You said such a thing is a illegal in real life, I said why would someone impose such a gaze on a virtual character? For the same pleasure they would do it in real life, objectification.

And in your second point you just conceded that you wouldn't care if it was sexualising virtual children so we can end our discussion there. My point was Valve correctly spotted it as fetishistic since you guys are acting like its innocent with no sexual gaze. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:

It's a Japanese game. Their culture and age of consent is different. Sure, it's pushing things but It's somewhat normal there. The west really can't say anything about sexualizing pre-teens and teenagers or depicting young teens in adult situations especially with TV. That show on netflix, big mouth is a recent example of what I mean. If that's not enough, children beauty pageants skirt around the line.  

16 is not pre-puberty and no one is talking about teens, again the characters in this game are aged 9-12. The blind attempts at defending this game are just something else.

Otter said:
Aeolus451 said:

16 is not pre-puberty and no one is talking about teens, again the characters in this game are aged 9-12. The blind attempts at defending this game are just something else.

You missed the point. Our age of consent is roughly 18 but yet we sexualize young women that are on the verge of turning the age of consent. Japan is no different than the west but only with the age of consent. You didn't even address big mouth or the children's pageants which is more closely related to this.  

Aeolus451 said:
WhatATimeToBeAlive said:

Yeah, I am aware that Japan is really "weird" when it comes to sexual fetishess. But I am not sure if I want other countries to embrace all of them. And I can fully understand why Steam doesn't want to be linked to a game that sexualise children.

- Single-player Game

DonFerrari said:
ebw said:

No, "fond of children" gives a perfectly reasonable impression when taken literally.  It's only when you read it ironically that something menacing comes out it.  A common phrase in English is "I'm not fond of children", but people never use that to mean "I deny being a pedophile", just "I find children more annoying than adorable".  Someone who is clearly foreign to English is less likely to write something intended to be read in that way.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than a little racist.  It would be like some guy saying "I love cats!" and people think he loves to eat cats because he's from China or whatever.

I agree.

I do love children. I love my son, I love my nieces and nephews. I like to see pretty youngsters from 3 to 10 and their cute traces.

Same with being fond. When children aren't being crazy bulldozers I'm fond of them.

Probably it's western stupidity that think love is directly sexual.

We also should jail all teachers, nurses, pediatrics and others that threat child and love them, they are all clearly rapists...  

CrazyGamer2017 said:

What a nice moralistic statement, quite in contrast with what you said in that other thread about Israel/Palestine, where your solution is to murder every last man woman and child to solve the conflict. But hey don't let that stuff you said over there be a smudge on your profound wisdom.

As an excerpt here is your answer to someone else who seems to have the same mind set as you in that other thread:

User was moderated for this post

-Super_Boom

You see... being SFW with the authority on moral grounds allow you to decide what is acceptable or not, got it?

OdinHades said:

Dear gawd. When I was 18 my girlfriend was 16. Should I turn myself in or kill me right away?

You should be terminated.

AlfredoTurkey said:

If that's the case, then yeah... it's pretty sick.

Except there is 0 sexual content.

That doesn't exempt the motive.

WhatATimeToBeAlive said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah, I am aware that Japan is really "weird" when it comes to sexual fetishess. But I am not sure if I want other countries to embrace all of them. And I can fully understand why Steam doesn't want to be linked to a game that sexualise children.

I can understand that too but they should likely apply the standard across the board if they're gonna take a stance.