By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soooo did the Xbox One X succeed?

LudicrousSpeed said:
It's been out for like a month and people are already saying it's failed or succeeded lol.

The launch was ok'ish but to be honest no one is talking about the x anymore, and it wont become better during 2018.

Around the Network
Pillertriller said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
It's been out for like a month and people are already saying it's failed or succeeded lol.

The launch was ok'ish but to be honest no one is talking about the x anymore, and it wont become better during 2018.

Yeah but Microsoft said they don't even expect it to outsell the S.

So.. I mean, it's not supposed to light the world on fire.

LudicrousSpeed said:
Pillertriller said:

Yeah but Microsoft said they don't even expect it to outsell the S.

So.. I mean, it's not supposed to light the world on fire.

Yeah but i think the numbers are much worse than MS had expected.. 2018 as a whole will be very bad for Xbox. PS4 will maybe have another peak year, abd the switch will gave decent numbers too

Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

A common misconception of the non - gamer.  Looking at the top NPD games to determine your purchasing decisions is sheepish at best. I don't look at the top NPD games. I look into the games I want to play regardless of how potentially great or not great they might sell. Of the 40 PS4 games I have, 25 of those are Playstation console exclusive. And if you were going to rely on a narrow group of titles in only one territory, then you are cherry picking at best willfully ignorant and in denial. It's very obvious that Nintendo has stayed in the hardware console business because of their exclusives. It's pretty obvious that the PlayStation continues to do so well due to a great mix off first and third party games. And it's very obvious that Microsoft has not been able to win a console war is because they don't have the gaming vision that both Nintendo and Sony have. I don't need NPD to tell me that Zero Time Dilemma, Hatsune Miku, inFamous, Ultra Despair Girls, Atelier series, Megadimension Neptunia, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Killzone, The Silver Case, Etc. are great games in my collection. But apparently you do. And there is so much more wrong with the rest of your post but I don't think you'll ever get it.

Congratulations, you are one of the few who buy more exclusives than multiplatform games. Most people on XBOX aren't that way.

There...fixed that for you.

Pillertriller said:
Snoopy said:

Microsoft will also have the more powerful xbox at the same time. Cheap ones for the casuals and an expensive but powerful one for the hardcore. All Microsoft needs to do is go back to their roots with third party marketing and deals.

Maybe MS doesnt bring a new console no more, they arent successfull in any way, sales are very bad under the year, almost zero exclusives. And if they bring a new console it wont be at the same time like the ps5 because they just released a new console lol. 

Don't hold your breath. Why should Microsoft leave the living rooms without need?

As far as we know the Xbox segment is profitable, it doesn't burn profits of other segments.

Around the Network
Conina said:
Pillertriller said:

Maybe MS doesnt bring a new console no more, they arent successfull in any way, sales are very bad under the year, almost zero exclusives. And if they bring a new console it wont be at the same time like the ps5 because they just released a new console lol. 

Don't hold your breath. Why should Microsoft leave the living rooms without need?

As far as we know the Xbox segment is profitable, it doesn't burn profits of other segments.

I do not say they will exit the console buisness, but i wouldnt be surprised either if they would. As far i know the xbox brand mostly wrote red numbers in its entire time

Pillertriller said:

As far i know the xbox brand mostly wrote red numbers in its entire time

In the first years, when they had to build up brand recognition. Since the middleof the 360-years, the Xbox segment is profitable. So why should they throw it away now when Xbox is an established home console and gaming brand?

Even if they don't have the most popular home console. Their mere existence in console space helps Sony and Nintendo not to get too cocky. I don't understand why some people wish less competition for the market leaders.

Conina said:
Pillertriller said:

In the first years, when they had to build up brand recognition. Since the middleof the 360-years, the Xbox segment is profitable. So why should they throw it away now when Xbox is an established home console and gaming brand?

Even if they don't have the most popular home console. Their mere existence in console space helps Sony and Nintendo not to get too cocky. I don't understand why some people wish less competition for the market leaders.

Your last paragraph will be ignored by certain users.

Proud to be a Californian.

Conina said:
Pillertriller said:

How are they being competitive? They have been nothing but a failure this entire gen. Even at the beginning when they where never ahead, they tried implementing more shitty practices like drm and no used games and mandatory kinect. Consumers responded adequately and now they are selling like garbage in comparison to he ps4.

Aside from their shitty practices, one would think they pump out good software to try and win gamerd back, or change the view on the company but again, no they have had a lousy software output as well. They keep relying on the same 3 tired franchises, a bunch of tiny games, any new games they try that doesn't sell gangbuster they abandon instead of expanding on it, and they have cancelled multiple ips and studios. Third parties don't want to work with them cuz they try to force ideas like multiplayer on scalebound. 

The only real advancement they seem to be going for is games as services which are some of the worst games in history. And I'm so glad this year people had enough and microtransactions reached a limit which will put a big damper on games as service.

Please tell me how the xbox has been competitive this gen. and please don't say something useless like its got a 4k bluray player, or its got useless features unrelated to gaming or the stupid its got a better online experience. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Errorist76 said:
Snoopy said:

Congratulations, you are one of the few who buy more exclusives than multiplatform games. Most people on XBOX aren't that way.

There...fixed that for you.

*Checks top ten sold playstation games this year*

Yeah, playstation gamers buy mostly exclusives /s

Hell, PUBG alone outsold most if not all playstation exclusive games this year on xbox alone and that game had less than a month.