By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soooo did the Xbox One X succeed?

Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

Yep. The console for the masses. Wait a minute. The Switch and PS4 are both out selling the Xbox One in general. Xbox 1X did not succeed on that front. Failure.

Everyone on PS4 bought nothing but multiplatform games and only bought the PS4 because that is what their friends have. Just look at the top NPD games. Xbox one x probably sold over a million at 500 dollars. Not to mention when PS5 comes out, the xbox one x will be the cheapest way to play all the new games since PS5 is coming out in 2020 more than likely. Xbox one x will end up being a great console for budget gamers.

I dont really trust that it will keep selling after 9th gen comes, just remember that it will eventually will stop getting support and gamers will know that. and going by past gens, its like 2 years max.

What I do think will happen is that xbox fans will stick it out with the x longer until the next xbox releases if we go by the expectation that sony will release the ps5 first then xbox will later release the next xbox to be more powerful.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
Snoopy said:

Everyone on PS4 bought nothing but multiplatform games and only bought the PS4 because that is what their friends have. Just look at the top NPD games. Xbox one x probably sold over a million at 500 dollars. Not to mention when PS5 comes out, the xbox one x will be the cheapest way to play all the new games since PS5 is coming out in 2020 more than likely. Xbox one x will end up being a great console for budget gamers.

I dont really trust that it will keep selling after 9th gen comes, just remember that it will eventually will stop getting support and gamers will know that. and going by past gens, its like 2 years max.

What I do think will happen is that xbox fans will stick it out with the x longer until the next xbox releases if we go by the expectation that sony will release the ps5 first then xbox will later release the next xbox to be more powerful.

Microsoft already came out and said they are done with generations. They don't want developers starting back at 0 units. Xbox One X will be a low end pc in terms of consoles, but still a cheap way to play all the new games.  I really believe next gen will start at 2020 with or without Sony. I can see Microsoft coming out with a new xbox every 3 to 4 years.

Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

Yep. The console for the masses. Wait a minute. The Switch and PS4 are both out selling the Xbox One in general. Xbox 1X did not succeed on that front. Failure.

You are in for a lot of disappointment

Snoopy said:
Errorist76 said:

The same people that called 2.3 times the power for 100,- dollars more ‘not worth it’ are now saying 150,- more are now worth it for 1.4 times the power. Ironic isn’t it?!

PS4 pro can't even do native 4k or dynamic 4k for a lot of games. And it isn't just 4k resolution, but the 4k textures we are getting with our games now which makes a huge difference. Shadow of Mordor and ghost recon wild land show how much difference these 4k textures/higher textures can cause.

It simply won’t matter for most games. What matters is the lowest common dominator which in this case are x1 and PS4. The console which sold the least units will matter least for most developers, which is the reason why many think it’s not really worth to fully support Pro or even less X1X which is the reason why we are getting lacklustre enhanced modes on most games never many games look pretty much identical between X1X and Pro, besides obvious resolution differences. Shadow of Mordor does have enhanced textures on X1X but also runs considerably worse because of it.

You know...it’s understandable and we as PC gamers have been used to this for decades. Only few games really DO use the extra power those machines have on offer. Better get used to it as well or prepare for disappointment. The lead platform will always be the best selling platform, not the most powerful one.

Snoopy said: 
eva01beserk said: 

Microsoft already came out and said they are done with generations. They don't want developers starting back at 0 units. Xbox One X will be a low end pc in terms of consoles, but still a cheap way to play all the new games.  I really believe next gen will start at 2020 with or without Sony. I can see Microsoft coming out with a new xbox every 3 to 4 years.

We’ll see about that. Sony are the market leader by far and if they state they still believe in generational jumps MS might just have to follow. It’s not like 180s are unknown to them. Next gen CPUs will be much more advanced and X1X and Pro won’t be able to keep up once the developers make use of them.

Snoopy said:
LivingMetal said:

A common misconception of the non - gamer.  Looking at the top NPD games to determine your purchasing decisions is sheepish at best. I don't look at the top NPD games. I look into the games I want to play regardless of how potentially great or not great they might sell. Of the 40 PS4 games I have, 25 of those are Playstation console exclusive. And if you were going to rely on a narrow group of titles in only one territory, then you are cherry picking at best willfully ignorant and in denial. It's very obvious that Nintendo has stayed in the hardware console business because of their exclusives. It's pretty obvious that the PlayStation continues to do so well due to a great mix off first and third party games. And it's very obvious that Microsoft has not been able to win a console war is because they don't have the gaming vision that both Nintendo and Sony have. I don't need NPD to tell me that Zero Time Dilemma, Hatsune Miku, inFamous, Ultra Despair Girls, Atelier series, Megadimension Neptunia, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Killzone, The Silver Case, Etc. are great games in my collection. But apparently you do. And there is so much more wrong with the rest of your post but I don't think you'll ever get it.

Around the Network
Snoopy said:
eva01beserk said:

So. I'll buy the console with the games that appealed to me most regardless of what Microsoft says.

Snoopy said:
eva01beserk said:

Jaguar will eventually need to be ditched, so...

LivingMetal said:
Snoopy said:

A common misconception of the non - gamer.  Looking at the top NPD games to determine your purchasing decisions is sheepish at best. I don't look at the top NPD games. I look into the games I want to play regardless of how potentially great or not great they might sell. Of the 40 PS4 games I have, 25 of those are Playstation console exclusive. And if you were going to rely on a narrow group of titles in only one territory, then you are cherry picking at best willfully ignorant and in denial. It's very obvious that Nintendo has stayed in the hardware console business because of their exclusives. It's pretty obvious that the PlayStation continues to do so well due to a great mix off first and third party games. And it's very obvious that Microsoft has not been able to win a console war is because they don't have the gaming vision that both Nintendo and Sony have. I don't need NPD to tell me that Zero Time Dilemma, Hatsune Miku, inFamous, Ultra Despair Girls, Atelier series, Megadimension Neptunia, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Killzone, The Silver Case, Etc. are great games in my collection. But apparently you do. And there is so much more wrong with the rest of your post but I don't think you'll ever get it.

Congratulations, you are one of the few who buy more exclusives than multiplatform games. Most people aren't that way and I don't judge quality by sales myself. I make my decision based on genre first than check and see if the game is good by looking at youtube videos and reviews. I bought games like cuphead, horizon, nioh, pubg, halo wars 2 and more. However, I personally prefer multiplatform games a lot more. COD, Assassins creed, shadow of modor, resident evil 7, ghost recon, madden , evil within 2, south park and more. To me third party titles are better in both quality and quantity.  I only use sales to show what most people buy and they are not exclusives.

Aura7541 said:
Snoopy said:

Yeah, the cpu we are going to get next generation isn't going be something crazy good either. They can't just spend the money upgrading the cpu all the way. They have to also upgrade the gpu, ram, storage (games are getting MUCH bigger),ect while making sure the console is affordable.

Snoopy said:
Aura7541 said:

Yeah, the cpu we are going to get next generation isn't going be something crazy good either. They can't just spend the money upgrading the cpu all the way. They have to also upgrade the gpu, ram, storage (games are getting MUCH bigger),ect while making sure the console is affordable.

According to the techies, jaguar was dated when it came out, so even a crappy cpu in 2020 will still be miles ahead of jaguar so it will still not be able to keep up.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.