By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Soooo did the Xbox One X succeed?

Conina said:

Unless TV sizes further grow, 8K is overkill. On 50'' displays almost no one will see a difference between 4K and 8K and even 60'' - 70'' displays will have diminishing returns in 8K.

And not many people will have the space to set up a 100''+ display. so I really doubt that 8K displays will have a fast adoption.

So true..I even think for screens below 50’’ 4K is a bit of a waste at normal viewing distances. The additional power should rather be invested in VR and upping its resolution. I just finally bought a PSVR and the whole 4K is getting more and more irrelevant to me by the day. VR has already changed gaming for me and what I expect from it. 2D gaming will never be the same, regardless of resolution.

Around the Network
CartBlanche said:
I just had another crazy thought. Maybe either Microsoft or Sony will release the first quantum based console in 2025❗Probably Sony as they are happier to take risks, like the PS3. A quantum console would definitely have the power to push around 8k resolutions at a decent frame rate. Question is what other bandwidth issues would they face? GPU Memory for 8k and above would need to be in 64-128GB, possibly.
Anyway it would certainly make things interesting 😀. I think I'll send Cerney and Yoshi a tweet to plant the seed 😜😂

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3161034/computers/d-waves-quantum-computer-runs-a-staggering-2000-qubits.html

Price:  15,000,000$

Size: 10-foot tall

power consumption : 25 kilowatts

Sounds like a great idea... who wouldnt want a $15m console, the size of a huge fridge, that is all kinds of noisy and insanely power hungry?

also: “Right now they need orders of magnitude more power than competing classical technology.”

Normal pc's are more power effecient at doing tasks than Quantum computers atm... they are just able to do it abit faster.

JRPGfan said:
CartBlanche said:
I just had another crazy thought. Maybe either Microsoft or Sony will release the first quantum based console in 2025❗Probably Sony as they are happier to take risks, like the PS3. A quantum console would definitely have the power to push around 8k resolutions at a decent frame rate. Question is what other bandwidth issues would they face? GPU Memory for 8k and above would need to be in 64-128GB, possibly.
Anyway it would certainly make things interesting 😀. I think I'll send Cerney and Yoshi a tweet to plant the seed 😜😂

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3161034/computers/d-waves-quantum-computer-runs-a-staggering-2000-qubits.html

Price:  15,000,000$

Size: 10-foot tall

power consumption : 25 kilowatts

Sounds like a great idea... who wouldnt want a $15m console, the size of a huge fridge, that is all kinds of noisy and insanely power hungry?

also: “Right now they need orders of magnitude more power than competing classical technology.”

Normal pc's are more power effecient at doing tasks than Quantum computers atm... they are just able to do it abit faster.

Like all technologies, with economies of scale, the price will start dropping soon and so will the size and power consumption. Microsoft know it's the future and just released a quantum programming language called Q#. 10-15 years from now it will be in your hands 😀

People seem to forget xbox one x isn't just about resolution (which is still pretty good upgrade), but also better textures, better draw distances, hit target frame rate more often,ect.

Its a huge success.

Around the Network

No.

Hunting Season is done...

Nope it's already failing behind

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Vasto said:
Its a huge success.

We’d already heard it from everybody at MS if it were.

Snoopy said:
Troyhend said:
I really just don't understand who would need this console?

I'm sure the initial sales are fine for diehard Xbox fans...but will this sell beyond the initial release? Who knows.

People who game on consoles and want to play the most popular games the best way possible by a significant amount.

Yep. The console for the masses. Wait a minute. The Switch and PS4 are both out selling the Xbox One in general. Xbox 1X did not succeed on that front. Failure.

chakkra said:
Troyhend said:
I really just don't understand who would need this console?

I'm sure the initial sales are fine for diehard Xbox fans...but will this sell beyond the initial release? Who knows.

I think you are seriously underestimating the power of 3rd party games.

Is this why the Nintendo switch and the PlayStation 4 are selling so much better then the Xbox One?