By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console do you believe to have the best line up in 2018?

Best line up...

Xbox one 10 6.29%

PS4 & Psvr 16 10.06%

Ps4 regardless of VR content. 82 51.57%

Switch. 45 28.30%

Other 6 3.77%

Total:159
Ka-pi96 said:
eva01beserk said:

Again sure, that's fair for you to say that because of those games you are looking forward more to the switch. But even so, you should still should know like john said, against the sheer number and quality of sony's upcoming games, the ps4 has a better line up.  

consider the following. You are to give  a candy present to a fat friend. you this on sale

But you know he loves kit kats and its not in the bundle. It cost the same as a big bar of kitkat cuz of holiday special. Would you not get him the basket anyways? Its not what he wants but you know its a better gift anyways.

Flilix said:

Personally, I do actually think that Nintendo has a better line up (for me). Even if I owned a PS4 and if I liked Sony, I'd still be more exited for Nintendo's upcoming games than Sony's.

Did you miss that, or are you just being intentionally obtuse?

The very first thing I said was acknowledge that, or did you miss that? Or are you intentionally trying to be confrontational? 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network

PlayStation 4 of course.

Objectively, the PS4 will have a better 2018 library than Switch. But personally, I would rather have portable versions of the games in a cart (and not a disc). I think most of the PS4 games that I want will end up on the Switch eventually, except for the ones published by Sony.

Best as in what? Impactful it's going to be Switch. Sales wise, it'll be PS4.

Ask again after E3. Sony is used to announce lots of games years away from release and is also famous for delaying a bunch of them. Meanwhile, with Switch Nintendo is mostly revealing games relatively close to release and sticking with the release date.

So it will be a good question at June (E3).

Right now it’s obviously PS4.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

If you look at the sheer amount of potential quality games ps4 is absolutely unmatched, so any answer besides ps4 is kinda a weird answer.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

PS4 then switch

John2290 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Best as in what? Impactful it's going to be Switch. Sales wise, it'll be PS4.

What do you mean by 'Impactful'? It's a pretty straight forward question. 

Well, take a look at this year. Sony won the overall software lineup because it both has the most consoles in the wild AND the biggest quantity of good games. But did any of them win GOTY or make as big an impact as BOTW? There was no single game this year that matched it as far as being a killer app. It basically sold a console by itself. 

If Pokemon launches next year, what game will be as impactful and/or have the fingerprint on the industry of that magnitude? I think Nintendo will have the games that make the biggest splash. PS4 will dominant in software sales though... easily.

Why do I have a feeling the thread is asking for opinions while people are answering objectively, as for me, I'll wait for the January Direct, but I am liking the PS4's line up next year.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

AlfredoTurkey said:
John2290 said:

What do you mean by 'Impactful'? It's a pretty straight forward question. 

Well, take a look at this year. Sony won the overall software lineup because it both has the most consoles in the wild AND the biggest quantity of good games. But did any of them win GOTY or make as big an impact as BOTW? There was no single game this year that matched it as far as being a killer app. It basically sold a console by itself. 

If Pokemon launches next year, what game will be as impactful and/or have the fingerprint on the industry of that magnitude? I think Nintendo will have the games that make the biggest splash. PS4 will dominant in software sales though... easily.

It is highly unlikely there would be a new pokemon game next year. Ps4 will have red dead redemption 2 next year so it will make the biggest splash. So i guess ps4 will win in terms of sales and ‘impactful‘?