By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console do you believe to have the best line up in 2018?

Best line up...

Xbox one 10 6.29%

PS4 & Psvr 16 10.06%

Ps4 regardless of VR content. 82 51.57%

Switch. 45 28.30%

Other 6 3.77%

Total:159
John2290 said:
Okay i think this is settled, after looking into this more ps4 has..
Exclusives not including indies TBA or yet to be announced ...

Detroit,
God of War
Ni no Kuni,
Shadow of the colossus, redone from the ground up.
Ghost of Tsushima
TloU part 2
Days gone
Spider man
Dreams

third party (to name a few)..

Monster hunter
Red dead redemtion 2
Far cry 5.....Plus a WHOLE LOT more

And VR games both exclusive and third party. This is one INSANE line up and they all seem to be spread out very very nicely with little overlap apart from some third parties.

If Sony gave me God Of War, Spiderman, Ni no Kuni 2, Days Gone AND TLOU 2 all in the same year......just wow and then throw in KH3, MH and RDR2 plus all the other MP games then WOW.....oh and Dragonball fighters Z.......yeah I would have to give the nod to Sony followed by Nintendo and then lastly MS.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

I'm kind of in the same boat here. I only own an Xbox so admittedly the games I'm interested in aren't Sony exclusives simply because I can't play them, but I still follow the industry closely and PS4 has the stronger lineup as we speak. Speaking from an Xbox perspective there lineup looks like this: (some confirmed some I'm just giving an educated guess on).

Sea of Thieves

State of Decay 2

Crackdown 3

Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Forza Horizon 4 or the new game that studio is working on

One of halo 6 or gears 5 (id assume halo comes first)

Neither of those last 2 are announced yet but with Microsoft saying they are changing strategy on announcing games a long ways out I'd be confident they announce halo either before or during e3 and it's there flagship for 2018. The rest of there lineup through the year is pretty solid as well and surprisingly well balanced for them. I still think the PS4 lineup is stronger though assuming everything comes out that is supposed to. Either way I think 2018 will be a great year for all 3 consoles 

I understand everyone having preferences and the choice leaning towards the console that has what you prefer. But I believe you have to at least admit that so far sony has the best line up that most people would like, but still say you prefer the other choice.

I have no problem admitting sony seems to be on top for next year, even if I have my hopes on that the january direct will give the switch something to compete with.

But to be fair, i do get that the ps4 is more in competition with the xbox so its easier for a nintendo fan to say the ps4 has a better line up than am xbox fan.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
I understand everyone having preferences and the choice leaning towards the console that has what you prefer. But I believe you have to at least admit that so far sony has the best line up that most people would like, but still say you prefer the other choice.

I have no problem admitting sony seems to be on top for next year, even if I have my hopes on that the january direct will give the switch something to compete with.

But to be fair, i do get that the ps4 is more in competition with the xbox so its easier for a nintendo fan to say the ps4 has a better line up than am xbox fan.

Personally, I do actually think that Nintendo has a better line up (for me). Even if I owned a PS4 and if I liked Sony, I'd still be more exited for Nintendo's upcoming games than Sony's.

John2290 said:
Flilix said:

Personally, I do actually think that Nintendo has a better line up (for me). Even if I owned a PS4 and if I liked Sony, I'd still be more exited for Nintendo's upcoming games than Sony's.

What exactly does Nintendo have coming that is announced for 2018? Not really into Nintendo games anymore so I don't keep track but all I can really see that makes any majour impact is the Kirby game. After researching after putting this thread up I feel like PS4 has the lead by a large margin, double if not triple the quality and quantity as well as the main focus for third party AAA devs.

Fire Emblem, Project Octopath Traveler, Yoshi, Kirby Star Allies and Hollow Knight are the games I'm most interested in.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
John2290 said:

What exactly does Nintendo have coming that is announced for 2018? Not really into Nintendo games anymore so I don't keep track but all I can really see that makes any majour impact is the Kirby game. After researching after putting this thread up I feel like PS4 has the lead by a large margin, double if not triple the quality and quantity as well as the main focus for third party AAA devs.

Fire Emblem, Project Octopath Traveler, Yoshi, Kirby Star Allies and Hollow Knight are the games I'm most interested in.

Again sure, that's fair for you to say that because of those games you are looking forward more to the switch. But even so, you should still should know like john said, against the sheer number and quality of sony's upcoming games, the ps4 has a better line up.  

consider the following. You are to give  a candy present to a fat friend. you this on sale

But you know he loves kit kats and its not in the bundle. It cost the same as a big bar of kitkat cuz of holiday special. Would you not get him the basket anyways? Its not what he wants but you know its a better gift anyways.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

1st place is Switch (pending jan direct, could change if it disappoints)

Bayo 1,2, and 3
Wolfenstein 2 (held out for Switch version due to poetability)
Dargon Quest XI
Fire Emblem
Octopath Traveller
Kirby
Tales of ____
Yoshi (maybe)
Valk Chron 4 (portability)
Metroid Prime 4 (pending)
Pokemon (pending)
Animal Crossing (pending)

and really a lot rides on the jan direct.

PS4 is second with...

God of War 4
Shadow of Col.
Catherine Remake
Last if Us 2 (maybe...not looking forward to playing as Ellie)

XBox One...

Sea of Theives...???

I am forgetting a lot but I know too little about Ninendo's line up to be certain. The potential is a landslide victory for me, but if the jan direct and E3 let me down, that could easily change to PS4 being my top pick. I do say that for me, every multiplat game it gets is a point for Switch as I will always opt for portability. That is a game changer for me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

PS4

Red dead redemption
God of War
Days gone
Dreams
Detroit
Spiderman
Shadow of the Colossus
Farcry 5
Anthem
Next CoD
Next Battlefield
Monster Hunter World
Ni nu kuni 2
Skull and Bones
A way out
Metro exodus
Vampyr
Metal gear survive (fuck konami though)
The crew 2
Darksiders 3
Ace combat
Shenmue 3

I'm sure I am missing a lot.

Figured I would give a more comprehensive list of what I'm waiting for:

PS4

Whatever-Game-FromSoftware-Teased

Kingdom Hearts 3

Monster Hunter World

Skull and Bones

Final Fantasy VIIR (Hopefully)

Ghost of Tsushima

Death Stranding

Cyberpunk 2077

Spider-Man

Days Gone

No No Kuni II

Lost Soul Aside

Shadow of the Colossus Remake

Lost Sphear

Devil May Cry HD

Mega Man X Collection

Code Vein

Secret of Mana Remake

Dragon Ball FighterZ

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT

Vita

Secret Mana Remake (Buying twice, don't judge)

Switch

Octopath Traveler

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes

Metroid Prime 4

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I voted for xbox, not because I actually believe they will have the best lineup, but just to spite all the complainers in this thread! 😜