By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - XFL may be coming back

https://clutchpoints.com/vince-mcmahon-wwe-xfl-making-return/

idk... I root for underdogs, but the Packers are for life...

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

I don't see how this could happen, with all of the issues with concussions and the like in both the NFL and WWE, why have a football league with even higher risk for injury?

BasilZero said:
Money that they could have used on building actual talent for Raw, Smackdown and NXT - what a waste if true.

Looking at New Japan for the past 20 years (and beyond), a wrestling company really doesn't need money to build talent. Adam Cole came over and that dude is over as hell.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

I'd rather see a really trashy 1999-style wrestling show with over-the-top cringey angles and lots of soap-opera stuff. I have a dark side!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I still have a shit ton of XFL merch in a storage shed. XFL could have worked as a minor league but using wrestling to promote it and directly attack the NFL was stupid. Since the Attitude era of Wrestling is long dead. I know Vince would not bring back the Edge and this round likely not attack the NFL but act as a development league like NFL Europe once did. The idea can work. What I do find strange is how Vince can do this. WWE can't afford Pyro anymore. Kane has no pyro. I repeat. KANE HAS NO PYRO! WTF!?  His whole gimmick is a demonic man who can control FIRE! His entrance is full of FIRE!  he magically makes the ring posts erupt in FIRE! So if WWE can't do pyro how can they do a Football league?

Around the Network

If it happens, they will lose money again. There is a very small group of people that want to watch the extremely violent and downright ridiculous event that is the XFL. They literally dive head first for a ball instead of flipping a coin to see who gets the opening possession.

“Some parents let their young kids win at games, but mine never did. I don't think it was because they were particularly competitive, they just wanted to teach me a valuable lesson. Life is mostly just learning how to lose.”

Even more evidence that senile Grandpa Vince should retire to a luxurious life in his multi-million dollar mansion to live out the rest of his days.

Did anyone here actually read the article linked in the OP? There is essentially nothing in it that suggests that the XFL is coming back. The only thing that happened is the WWE said McMahon has started a separate sports and entertainment investment company.

This is Vince McMahon we're talking about here. I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Atleast it isn't that bloody body building shit if it does ever happen to come back.

Still won't watch.

Lex Luger sucks.