By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - How to introduce X-Men, Fantastic Four or Deadpool into MCU?

How do you guys think Marvel will introduce X-Men, Fantastic Four or Deadpool into the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

Around the Network

For the X-Men, I'd suggest Shield supporting a special training facility after more and more metahumans appear in the world and some having serious trouble dealing with them. A fight between it's two figureheads (Xavier and Magneto, if you couldn't guess) and their respective supporters devolves into a deep rivalry and finally into a real conflict between the two factions

As for the Fantastic Four, Moviebob had an excellent proposal (The FF being a superpowered Nuclear Family of the 50's and 60's in concept, he's having them sent into space during the Gemini Programm, hit by the cosmic storm which changed them - but also catapulted them 50 years into the future, where they not only have to deal with some super threat (not Dr. Doom for once), but also very much with their outdated 50's views and values in our times)

No idea about Deadpool, but maybe he wold be fine in a Netflix-style TV series of his own.

Deadpool will not be brought into the MCU

Angelus said:

That's my hope too. Keep him R rated please Disney.

Ka-pi96 said:
I hope they don't. Some things are better left standalone rather than forced together with other things. I mean, steak with some chips on the side is great. If you were to put that steak and those chips in a blender and smush them together though.... well nobody would want to eat that shit!

they are all together in comic books, and it works 9for the most of time). So I can't see any problem

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Spoiler 

Don’t read; this is from the comics

The infinity war involves every character in the mcu. Thanos, the main villain that’s behind all the avengers and guardians of the galaxy plots, is going to kick damn near everything’s ass. In the comic, thanos turns wolverine’s bones into rubber. Expect Infinity war to be a multipart saga with different groups going in to save the universe.

Last edited by snyps - on 17 December 2017

Marvel's first limited series.

I think this deal has been in talks for a little longer than the public is aware. Marvel has been making some moves as of last year to set up something called "The Multiverse" in the MCU. Some of these Fox films and shows are very much still in development or nearing completion. They are not going to let that go to waste.

- The Fantastic Four is probably the primary key IP that will be capitalized in the mainline MCU.

- Bob Iger confirmed that Deadpool will remain R rated. This leads room for other Marvel films to do the same.

- The mainline MCU has InHuman's and enhanced individuals. Mutants has been written out and the MCU is already filled with Mutants that are now InHuman's and the InHuman's presence in the MCU is undeniably large. X-Men will be part of the Multiverse that has already been deeply set up, versed, and explained to people in Dr. Strange along with Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4 and 5.

- Jeph Loeb, the head of Marvel TV and I believe he has pull in the comic division (Marvel's TV and Comics division are closer than the film and there's more ties but the TV stuff is still part of the MCU) has worked with Fox on their TV's shows being Legion and The Gifted. Legion is a good starting point to adapt to the MCU as they are working on season 2. The quality of that show is absolutely phenomenal. I plan to watch The Gifted as well, but it won't connect very well thanks to the use of the Strucker bloodline which already exists in the MCU with Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker and his son Werner Von Strucker.

- Rumors circulated last year that Latveria was spotted in Infinity War. I have a lot of doubt for this but it could be possible some deals were made in the past.

- X-Men could very well just exist as it's own thing outside of the MCU.

Angelus said:

oh yes. he will. It will be a cameo. And it will be a "what you think I am gonna join this shit" type moment. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

BasilZero said:

Alternate universe :p

I mean its not like it would be the first time they pull that....

I've considered this theory before and felt this is where the MCU will start to fall apart for me. (Amongst other things) It what broke The Flash tv series for me as really when the villian can be defeated but return from universe 1,2,3,4,5 etc it just feels pointless. I have similar feelings with Agents of Shield where they've gone into the future, as theres not connectivity or consequences with the films now.

Deadpool would be awkward in the MCU, as its an 18 rating and the MCU films aren't. Some of the characters in X-men feel to iconic that replacing the actors just wouldn't work. I mean, it would feel to weird now having Wolverine not played by Hugh Jackman (well to me at least).

Fantastic Four should be a dead cert so I'm more just waiting for when they do it.

That said, if Deadpool is in the MCU the film needs to have Captain America and Erik Killmonger in it, where they fight over who gets to keep Human Torch's powers.