By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - How to introduce X-Men, Fantastic Four or Deadpool into MCU?

Tony Stark should be fighting Thanos and losing. Then, he should yell "More Underoos!".

A hand stretches into the the screen and grabs the Infinity Gauntlet from Thanos. The camera pans to show the hand belongs to Mr. Fantastic. He's flanked by The Fantastic Four, Deadpool, The X-Men, etc.

Then, in unison, they all say "Hey everyone."

Around the Network

They just add them. No dacning around the issue. Fantastic Four are easy, just ignore the previous films, start again. X-men are harder however. The X-men and major characters are established in real world historical events. WW2, Nam etc. Their plight, hate and feared for who they are, is something they need to handle well.

It's funny as the idea that mutants have always existed doesn't seem right as in Marvel they are a big contention and always will be. They, to readers, represent persecution about being different, why Marvel tried to make it out like Inhumans were this I've no idea. Elitist community that chooses who it empowers vs just born that way and you have no control over it and are therefore hated... yeah. okay Marvel.

...plus, Agent Coleson said once 'telepathic abilities? there's no such thing.'

Has Xavier really been hiding mutants from the mass populace for so long? :P

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

It's funny as the idea that mutants have always existed doesn't seem right as in Marvel they are a big contention and always will be. They, to readers, represent persecution about being different, why Marvel tried to make it out like Inhumans were this I've no idea. Elitist community that chooses who it empowers vs just born that way and you have no control over it and are therefore hated... yeah. okay Marvel.

Yeah this is the part that I don’t get. What’s the practical difference between mutants and aliens and people that accidentally get bitten by radioactive spiders, and why are some terrible and some okay?

Maybe they’ll start anew and ignore the racism thing. Somehow.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:

Yeah this is the part that I don’t get. What’s the practical difference between mutants and aliens and people that accidentally get bitten by radioactive spiders, and why are some terrible and some okay?

Maybe they’ll start anew and ignore the racism thing. Somehow.

That is easy to explain with a few simple words.

"A mutant can be anyone."

The MU is an odd thing, Magneto sewed the seeds of terrorism in the general populaces minds. Many of the baseline humans think that mutants = bad so why would a mutant be protecting people (ala Spiderman, Spiderman has been accused of being one mind you).

A normal hero most the time is explained, Thor is a god, Ironman uses a suit, Cap is a WW2 super soldier, Hank Pym is publicly known scientist. But a mutant? They have the power to walk through walls, freeze the very water in your blood and take control of your mind and it's not some celebrity in the Avengers, it's the guy you had an argument with last week at the super market, it's your cousin who has anxiety issues. That fear, the fear of a mutant can be anyone, is why in the MU it's such an issue.

... rings a bell with modern society, no?

They can't ignore the racism thing, it's part of mutants, is the reason they exist. Without it they are just a bunch of people with powers. Essentially there is no story if they aren't feared and hated.

Ian McKellen once said the reason he did the X-men films is because it's about something, it means something.

Hmm, pie.

Also, you guys should keep in mind that this deal is probably at least year away from being approved by the government. If it gets approved at all.

Around the Network

Deadpool is going to murder all your favourite marvel heroes in the unannounced Infinity War part 3 to impress lady death and annoy Thanos. When Deadpool is done with that he is going to use DR strange Eye of Agamoto and undo the entire MCU and Disney is going to start a new.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Deadpool is going to murder all your favourite marvel heroes in the unannounced Infinity War part 3 to impress lady death and annoy Thanos. When Deadpool is done with that he is going to use DR strange Eye of Agamoto and undo the entire MCU and Disney is going to start a new.

Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe was better than Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe...

Just saying.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
They just add them. No dacning around the issue. Fantastic Four are easy, just ignore the previous films, start again. X-men are harder however. The X-men and major characters are established in real world historical events. WW2, Nam etc. Their plight, hate and feared for who they are, is something they need to handle well.

...plus, Agent Coleson said once 'telepathic abilities? there's no such thing.'

Has Xavier really been hiding mutants from the mass populace for so long? :P

Exactly. The Fantastic Four will fit like a glove in the MCU. I'm so excited for them to join. As for X-Men.... I'm not in the least bit thrilled for it because I know it won't fit well unless they force it into the future. Or it all occurred in the past and they do The Last Stand again. There's so many things established in the MCU that won't let the event's of X-men work. They are too ingrained with society, enhanced individuals and InHuman's fill the roles of mutants, there are a good number of X-Men characters that Marvel could use and has used in the MCU and none of them are Mutant's. They aren't going to reboot the MCU for X-Men and they already have the next 20 films planned out. They brought Fox's films studio, and that film studio will continue to work on X-Men and Deadpool just like Lucas Films still works on Star Wars. Disney will get involved where needed. Marvel will have power and say over what characters can be used and not. They spent over $54 billion and they are going to see their investments. You can damn well bet that the core MCU will be getting some Fantastic Four love.

The MCU already set up the multiverse along with space-time concepts. We will see more of it. X-Men will still technically be part of the "MCU" and cross-overs will happen. Their universes and realities will be kept separate for consistency's sakes. Anyone who thinks Deadpool 2 is getting canceled or Dark Phoenix is getting canceled is just being silly. Even a lot of movie journalism sites are being ridiculous and posting misinformation like Avengers 4 (Infinity war part 2) is getting a rewrite.

As for Coulson's quote "telepathic abilities? there's no such thing." I love the irony there. There's couple of people with telepathic abilities in the MCU. We just got another mind reader so it definitely exist. I'm trying to remember when Coulson said that though. Was that a comment he made regarding the Clairvoyant? That twist was soooooo good and no one predicted it or saw it coming. They shit on everyone's fan theory and delivered something even better!