By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - You going to see Star Wars: The Last Jedi this weekend? How was it? 220 million first weekend domestic, more than entire Justice League run

Lenny93 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

You have a terribly poor interpretation of this movie... Seriously.

Please enlighten me.

To begin, the First Order is the succesor of the Empire. And you know the Empire is speciest (favoring humans over all kind of aliens). The First Order is led by a cripple (gonna guess Snoke is human, but he could just as well not be). One of the higher ups is a woman and probably a whole ton of their stormtroopers have all kind of skin colors. There is no racial divide between humans in Star Wars at all. Couple that with the fact Finn and Rose could mask themselves in the First Order officer uniform without anyone batting an eyelid and there you have it.

If the aliens-are-all-on-the-rebel-teal bothers you, then stop watching Star Wars. This was exactly the case in the Trilogy as well, so it's not a point to make here.

And Yoda's force ghost can do as he damm well please, remember that the old EU is irrelevant for this continuity. I for one was happy he was there and that he was puppeteered.

Around the Network

It is the worst Star Wars film ever made. By a long margin. It's too long for what it tries to tell, it's slow, it feels like you're watching the same segment of the movie over and over... because everything that happens is incredibly similar to something that already happened like 15 minutes ago. There'absolutely no character to love or so evil that you love him anyways. Everyone is super bland. And Luke... oh my fucking god... now I understand why Hamill didn't like what they made to the character. It's a joke. He's not baddass in any way... he's just sad. He looks like a drunk old glory...

And the worst of all... Nothing happens. Literally, you can just skip this movie and you won't miss anything.

It's a horrible movie, no matter what you're looking for. You won't find it. Unless you look for a slow, overlenght movie that repeats itself has no memorable characters, with a plot that makes no sense and that it doesn't add anything to the Star Wars Universe.

It's a piece of shit. Well, maybe I'm being too extreme, but it's overall a poor movie, maybe the worst Star Wars ever.

Like I expected, the whole thing is a bait and switch. Disney spits on the plate they've eaten on, as we commonly say around here.

I thought I was going to like it and have to defend it against people who didn't enjoy it but I was really disappointed with the movie.

There are some select scenes that are interesting but overall the movie is a drag. The Finn plot line seems ripped from a Bond movie, the whole premise of the standoff between the rebels and the First Order makes no sense (our big ship is too slow to catch them and we won't send our hundreds of tie fighters because we can't provide them with cover fire!), I'm not a big fan of the brand new Jedi powers that appear in the movie, Snoke is a weak weak Emperor alternative, they go way too heavy on the cute critters and the comic relief jokes.

I'm begining to think they should have just adapted the Thrawn trilogy and recast Leia, Han and Luke instead.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 15 December 2017

Signature goes here!

Got burned by TFA so not gonna see this one. Maybe I'll pirate it: Disney has enough money.

Around the Network

What I took away from this movie is that the rebellion is a complete joke, consisting of suicide bombers essentially, and they deserve to lose. Seriously, just let Empire/First Order run the galaxy, cus you guys are incompetent on the highest level.

Already saw it. Far more better than 7.

Click HERE and be happy 

It was terrible. I really don't understand how people like it (and I'm a HUGE fan of the entire series). How they handle Luke and Snoke is atrocious. Literally every female in the movie is perfect (and a good guy), and all the males have huge issues or are evil. The humor is over the top and the whole thing comes across as campy. I felt like I was watching a parody, to be honest.

I really don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a movie. I'm glad others like it, I guess - I'm not trying to hate on it to be edgy, or to rain on people's parades. I just know I've been waiting since I walked out of Episode 7 for the next installment, and after this one I couldn't care less when the next installment hits.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
It was terrible. I really don't understand how people like it (and I'm a HUGE fan of the entire series). How they handle Luke and Snoke is atrocious. Literally every female in the movie is perfect (and a good guy), and all the males have huge issues or are evil. The humor is over the top and the whole thing comes across as campy. I felt like I was watching a parody, to be honest.

I really don't think I've ever been this disappointed in a movie. I'm glad others like it, I guess - I'm not trying to hate on it to be edgy, or to rain on people's parades. I just know I've been waiting since I walked out of Episode 7 for the next installment, and after this one I couldn't care less when the next installment hits.

Exactly. I was feeling the same as well. Stupid jokes, illogical plot that doesn't make any sense.

derpysquirtle64 said:
epicurean said:

Exactly. I was feeling the same as well. Stupid jokes, illogical plot that doesn't make any sense.

If you ever saw a movie called "Jay and Silent Bob" where Mark Hamill plays some bastardized version of Luke, its exactly what my mind went to. 

Also, how did reviewers find this so good? I really don't understand...The Kylo Ren arc is pretty decent, I guess, but other than that - huge plot holes, inconsistent character development, below-average acting, forced humor... Ugh. It was so bad.

I'd really love it if someone on here who thought it was great could explain it to me. I WANT to love everything Star Wars, or at least respect it. This just felt like a purposeful attempt to ruin everything everyone ever loved about the OT.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS