By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Deadpool' Can Stay R-Rated at Disney, Says Bob Iger

ShadowSoldier said:
one of the best critically received movies of the genre

?

ShadowSoldier said:
a PG-13 Deadpool (Unless he's interacting with other parts of the MCU) does more harm to the Marvel Brand than a Rated R one thats faithful to the source material.

I can certainly agree with that, though. I hope this acquisition doesn't affect Deadpool 2 and Disney grows some balls with their more mature properties.

Around the Network

Can the entire xmen be r rated forever?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

Deadpool literally can’t be anything less. If they try to make the character more “family friendly” to protect their image, they’re going to destroy the character and ruin any chances of of more films.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
Deadpool literally can’t be anything less. If they try to make the character more “family friendly” to protect their image, they’re going to destroy the character and ruin any chances of of more films.

Whatever do you mean? If Deadpool can survive this, it can survive anything. Thank God they're considering keeping Deadpool R though. Hopefully Deadpool 2 at least hits the same box office heights as the first.

Yeah... I'm not buying any bullshit today so it's gonna have to stay right where it is.

Fair well, Deadpool, I'll miss what you could have been. 

Around the Network

I don't understand some people in this thread, Disney isn't messing with Deadpool 2 and they can't introduce the current one to the MCU because they showed that the X-Men exist and he even visited the Mansion in the 1st one. They will most likely just let him be his own thing and finish it with Deadpool 3 it's not like he is a vital character to X-Men anyway.