By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Deadpool' Can Stay R-Rated at Disney, Says Bob Iger

Thank god.

Around the Network

Why are people so convinced Disney can't do R? It honestly sounds like how people don't think Nintendo can do darker series (Metroid, Fire Emblem, etc)

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

KrspaceT said:
Why are people so convinced Disney can't do R? It honestly sounds like how people don't think Nintendo can do darker series (Metroid, Fire Emblem, etc)

It is not that they can't but refuse to maintain the fmaily friendly image.

I forgot what movies it was but a few had scenes deleted before release because DIsney thought it was not family friendly. I think they may have even cancelled one movie once they saw what direction in went in.

However this shouldn't be an issue. I am sure they will retain the the 21st Century Fox branding for these kind of movies.

"Can" is not the same as will. Sure they can do it, but will they?

It better stay that way, otherwise don't even bother.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Harkins1721 said:
Thank god.

Can, not will.

Not immediately ruling it out is a good sign.

As long as Deadpool 2 does gangbusters, they'll leave him alone. They're not likely to integrate him into the rest of the MCU, as that's all meant to be family friendly stuff, and will remain so. Deadpool is just gonna have to play alone in his own special little corner. If Deadpool 2 underperforms for some reason though, then Disney would likely re-evaluate and make some changes.

You don't become the Highest grossing Rated R movie of all Time (Upon your release) while also being one of the best critically received movies of the genre and not get the respect from Disney. At the end of the Day a PG-13 Deadpool (Unless he's interacting with other parts of the MCU) does more harm to the Marvel Brand than a Rated R one thats faithful to the source material.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Thank God Logan and Deadpool were made before this buyout and that Deadpool 2 is already in production.

"lupus in fabula, venit enim ad me."

Translation: I will always hate Fox for canceling The Exorcist.

They will retire Deadpool with the Third movie imo, zero chance that he is in the MCU even with the rebooted X-Men.

Disney should cancel the Gambit movie there is no need for a solo movie now, they should reintroduce him and Rouge (with stolen Captain Marvel powers) in future movies.