By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Survive looks... good?

What do you think about Metal Gear Survive?

Looks great, I'll be buying it for sure 4 21.05%

It looks alright I guess.... 6 31.58%

Eww god no, fuck Konami a... 7 36.84%

I wonder how they're gon... 2 10.53%

Total:19
Bristow9091 said:
Nem said:
It... doesn't?

It poops on everything that is MGS and it's legacy.

Zkuq said:
It doesn't seem terrible, but it basically looks like a mod for MGSV, which isn't really a good thing. The only thing that looks more interesting is base building, and it could grindy (i.e not good). It doesn't seem bad, but there's hardly any Metal Gear to it besides the name, which is my main gripe with it. Also, there's no PC beta and I don't (and will not) have PS+, so I can't really try it anyway.

Also, visually the game is really, really ugly. That was probably the intention as well, but it's way too ugly for my taste. There are much better ways to do a post-apocalyptic world than this.

Just curious, but if it was renamed and didn't use the Metal Gear name, how would you feel about the game then?

Still wouldn't be something i am interested in.

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
I just want a PS4 version of the legacy collection. Hoping this sells well enough for Konami to do that.

I must say, a PS4 port of the Legacy Collection would be great... not sure if Konami are even considering it, but yeah, I'd buy it!

AlfredoTurkey said:
Metal Gear died the moment Kojima left. It was his baby. The baby is dead.

Ah, so people ARE still upset about it? Metal Gear Rising wasn't made by Kojima, I mean, the original idea and first show of the game was, but the final product was made by Platinum, according to wiki Kojima Productions only had control of the overall plot and Raiden's design... and I think the game turned out pretty well. Not really the same thing, but meh... 

Kojima still had his finger prints on that though (even though I didn't care for it personally). And I'm not upset. Things change and unfortunately, Metal Gear is over as we knew it. It may live on in the same way Resident Evil lives on, being gutted, whored out and slapped onto new IP after new IP that may end up being a good game or not. But like Resident Evil, it will never truly BE or FEEL like Metal Gear again. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Bristow9091 said:

I must say, a PS4 port of the Legacy Collection would be great... not sure if Konami are even considering it, but yeah, I'd buy it!

Ah, so people ARE still upset about it? Metal Gear Rising wasn't made by Kojima, I mean, the original idea and first show of the game was, but the final product was made by Platinum, according to wiki Kojima Productions only had control of the overall plot and Raiden's design... and I think the game turned out pretty well. Not really the same thing, but meh... 

Kojima still had his finger prints on that though (even though I didn't care for it personally). And I'm not upset. Things change and unfortunately, Metal Gear is over as we knew it. It may live on in the same way Resident Evil lives on, being gutted, whored out and slapped onto new IP after new IP that may end up being a good game or not. But like Resident Evil, it will never truly BE or FEEL like Metal Gear again. 

Cry more please, you have no proof beyond your sentiments for a man you have never met.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Tbh the game does look like it can potentially be good from what is shown.

Bring it to the Switch and I’ll buy it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:

Just curious, but if it was renamed and didn't use the Metal Gear name, how would you feel about the game then?

No strong feelings in any direction. It would probably be just another zombie survival game to me, and I would barely even know about it. It doesn't seem at all innovative, it looks visually poor, but it's probably not too bad. Nothing would separate it from the rest.

Arminillo said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Cry more please, you have no proof beyond your sentiments for a man you have never met.

What? I have no clue what you're trying to say.

Not going to lie, It looks great. I do have a problem with it though as it looks like this could be filled with micro transactions left and right. So I might hold off on it even though the core gameplay looks fun.

AlfredoTurkey said:
Arminillo said:

What? I have no clue what you're trying to say.

You say Metal Gear is over but you havent even played or seen a non Kojima game, and you say Revengeance doesnt count. I understand Kojima is great, but so SO many properties live on past their creator and can still be good.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Why shouldnt it be? Its still devoloped by Kojimas team leftover and other Konami stuff, it was never the problem if they can do good games or not, but rather if they gonna develope a game in the first place or outsourcing it?