By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Survive looks... good?

What do you think about Metal Gear Survive?

Looks great, I'll be buying it for sure 4 21.05%

It looks alright I guess.... 6 31.58%

Eww god no, fuck Konami a... 7 36.84%

I wonder how they're gon... 2 10.53%

Total:19

It... doesn't?

It poops on everything that is MGS and it's legacy.

Around the Network

It looks good but I think I'll pass on it. What I really want is another game with Solid Snake.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

It doesn't seem terrible, but it basically looks like a mod for MGSV, which isn't really a good thing. The only thing that looks more interesting is base building, and it could grindy (i.e not good). It doesn't seem bad, but there's hardly any Metal Gear to it besides the name, which is my main gripe with it. Also, there's no PC beta and I don't (and will not) have PS+, so I can't really try it anyway.

Also, visually the game is really, really ugly. That was probably the intention as well, but it's way too ugly for my taste. There are much better ways to do a post-apocalyptic world than this.

People only dislike it because they decided that that Metal Gear was made by one person, and now that that person is gone, noone is capable of making Metal Gear. Newsflash: they have the engine and 70% of the staff from the previous games. People just chase the name and not the content.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

I've been playing MG(S) since the original on NES and after maybe 30 years of my life with the franchise, I'm okay with saying "I'm done. I've had enough.". Not in a hateful way. I'm just done with Metal Gear. It's been a blast!

Around the Network

The biggest problem with Metal Gear Survive is that it has Metal Gear in the name. Konami are betting that leveraging the Metal Gear IP will benefit them more than the backlash related to its inclusion will hurt. It'll certainly be interesting to see how that works out for them :p

Zekkyou said:
The biggest problem with Metal Gear Survive is that it has Metal Gear in the name. Konami are betting that leveraging the Metal Gear IP will benefit them more than the backlash related to its inclusion will hurt. It'll certainly be interesting to see how that works out for them :p

That's true for me, at least. If this game was called Zombie Zone and had some Metal Gear Easter eggs, I'd probably lose my shit! But making this an official Metal Gear just feels wrong.

It actually does look good. Like State of Decay, but minus the PS2-Graphics and stop motion frame rates.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

DialgaMarine said:
It actually does look good. Like State of Decay, but minus the PS2-Graphics and stop motion frame rates.

Only it'll be twice as repetitive and meaningless.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

This looks good but It's no MGS :(