By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch Sells 10 Million Units Worldwide

Wyrdness said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

It does not hurt me it saddens me. And I explained why. Cause it will totally kill any motivation for Nintendo to significantly improve the hardware.

Don't take it personally, I only mean what I say from my point of view. I am expecting to play some Nintendo games one day, but these news make me realize that I may never do that cause I don't see motivation over at Nintendo to create more suitable hardware.

Again from my perspective. If you enjoy the Switch, good for you pal, that's fine and I have nothing against that. I just need to understand that I may never play some games I would have loved to, that's all.

It's also the most powerful portable gaming device which means they have improved significantly as hardware have gone, it even runs PS4 games like Doom on the go how is this a bad thing for consumers.

It's probably safe to assume CrazyGamer isn't interested in handheld gaming, so is judging the Switch's power in a misguided way.

If he was saying it kills the chance for a dedicated home console I'd understand where he's coming from.

I'm in a similar boat and personally holding out hope for a docked-only version that gives me more bang for my buck. But it probably won't happen.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
SpokenTruth said:

Yes, most people are talking what the sales mean. Except a few who are absolutely desperate to spin it negatively because the notion of a successful Nintendo product damages their fragile ego and console allegiance.  They cling to sales superiority to make themselves feel superior because the enjoyment of the product alone is not enough to make them feel good about their console of choice.

Then quote those people and challenge their point. Don't just throw insults into the void like a child.

Did you just tell him not to insult others... by insulting him?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

TruckOSaurus said:
OTBWY said:

Ah damn, worded it wrong. I meant outsell WiiU's LT first year no problem.

I had a feeling that might be what you were really meaning to say because passing the Wii U's first year isn't that much of an accomplishment

Too excited. Derp :P

SpokenTruth said:

Your loss.  Fun is fun.  That said, the Switch is more powerful than any previous Nintendo product making your entire argument moot. 

Yes my loss, that's my point too, from the software point of view of course.

And I wouldn't call my argument moot as I did not say nor imply what the Switch is compared to previous Nintendo hardware but compared to other brands and systems' current hardware... How those systems are motivated to make more powerful hardware and so on

IkePoR said:
Normchacho said:

Then quote those people and challenge their point. Don't just throw insults into the void like a child.

Did you just tell him not to insult others... by insulting him?

"Don't just throw insults into the void..." I'm saying that if he has an issue with someones post then say something to that person rather than passive aggressively posting without actually quoting the people he's talking about. If he wants to insult them at least quote them.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Wait what, they must have shifted over 2m in November.

Wouldn’t be surprising. 

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Dr.Vita said:

Now everyone is laughing about the Wii U while 2 years ago everyone was defending it...
What a mendacious world... lol

They are all traitors!

Switch done 10 million in 284 days, PS4 done 10 million in 268 days. That's a close one. Wonder if Switch can overtake PS4 considering PS4 was also ahead of the Wii at this point.

That is quite impressive. How things have changed, a year ago, who honestly believed switch will go on and sell like that!?

Nintendo really nailed it

Barkley said:
Wyrdness said:

It's also the most powerful portable gaming device which means they have improved significantly as hardware have gone, it even runs PS4 games like Doom on the go how is this a bad thing for consumers.

It's probably safe to assume CrazyGamer isn't interested in handheld gaming, so is judging the Switch's power in a misguided way.

If he was saying it kills the chance for a dedicated home console I'd understand where he's coming from.

I'm in a similar boat and personally holding out hope for a docked-only version that gives me more bang for my buck. But it probably won't happen.

Yes at the end of the day that is what I'm driving at, the chances for dedicated home console which then would NOT have the excuse of being a portable and thus would not have to have power as limited as a portable is bound to have.

I think I would have preferred the Switch to be a portable that simply replaces the 3DS cause as such it's a really nice new gen portable and I would have loved to see a new home console dedicated to doing home games.

And when that was not the case I was like okay, but hopefully Nintendo will bring a new home system later on. But then it did not appear they had any plans to do that so I was like: Ok then let's wait for the next generation, maybe they will by then. I'm sure there has to be a lot of people who want a dedicated home system too. But then the sales of the Switch became very good so now I'm like: Ok, I guess we'll never see a dedicated home system again.

That's what I'm saying guys. I'm not a hater or anything like that. Good for you all guys that the Switch sells well. I guess portable gaming is becoming more important than home gaming and that makes me sad, but yeah, what can I do right?