Forums - Sales Discussion - Global hardware Nov 4th 2017

zorg1000 said:
pastro243 said:
Well, this shows games like cod and fifa do wonders for hardware for market leaders too. I remember people saying both wouldn't have any effect as "anyone who wanted cod/fifa would already have a ps4"

This week was huge and the fifa week was too, casual and core gamers that had old consoles wait for these games to upgrade/jump in, sony was smart to get these marketing rights

Which makes it even funnier that people are arguing with me about how big of system sellers these two franchises are in the NPD thread.

Yes they are indeed huge sellers! But I thought the discussion was about them being like BOTW big or SMO big because BOTW had like over 1 100% attach rate....THAT is another level of big lol. But no one would ever deny that COD and FIFA are huge system sellers on PS$....I hope they wouldn't anyway....that would be crazy lol.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:
Isn´t it amazing that the 3ds is still selling?....

It's great, it shows Nintendo saying and not pushing that it's a replacement for the 3DS is working and they should keep it that way 100%.

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

pastro243 said:
Well, this shows games like cod and fifa do wonders for hardware for market leaders too. I remember people saying both wouldn't have any effect as "anyone who wanted cod/fifa would already have a ps4"

This week was huge and the fifa week was too, casual and core gamers that had old consoles wait for these games to upgrade/jump in, sony was smart to get these marketing rights

Unfortunately its a sad but ever present misconception. They don't see that those games are casual games. They are the kinda games that some people buy and have it be the only game they have. A FIFA box so to speak. They also don't see that whenever prices drop or there is another deal there are people that always wanted in on that that can now afford to get in.

zorg1000 said:
pastro243 said:

Which makes it even funnier that people are arguing with me about how big of system sellers these two franchises are in the NPD thread.

I don't get it either..... but it happens. Its also funny to me that people treat the market like this finite constant, but don't take into account that every single year there are people that are coming of age and fall into the console buying bracket. So every year certain games will bring in new people that may very well be new to console gaming.

Just imagine how many people turned 10 this year worldwide and wanna play FIFA or COD......

Only a 40k sales difference between PS4 and NS/XB1/3DS. Damnnn

PS4(PS5 Soon)and PC gaming

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

kazuyamishima said:
Now we will see the " But Switch is supply constrained"

which BTW it's only in Japan.

Do we have confirmation it is in stock in the US and EU? I would believe that it could be in stock in the EU, but hardly in the US.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
I think this week shows how MS letting go activision with their COD deal is one of the biggest mistakes they’ve made this gen.

Was it MS letting go, or ActiVision wanting more money at little risk?

Amazing Worldwide sales for the PS4.

TheBlackNaruto said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes they are indeed huge sellers! But I thought the discussion was about them being like BOTW big or SMO big because BOTW had like over 1 100% attach rate....THAT is another level of big lol. But no one would ever deny that COD and FIFA are huge system sellers on PS$....I hope they wouldn't anyway....that would be crazy lol.

No, thats what Don keeps trying to make the argumet about but i never once stated they were.

The whole argument started because somebody asked what big games PS4 had in 2014 so i made a list of the big hitters including COD, FIFA, Madden, NBA, Assassin's Creed, Destiny, GTAV, Watch Dogs, Dragon Age, Evil Within, Last of Us, Nathan Drake Collection, etc.

Somehow that evolved into people telling me COD/FIFA arent as big of system sellers as Mario/Zelda, which again i never said they were.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

No, thats what Don keeps trying to make the argumet about but i never once stated they were.

The whole argument started because somebody asked what big games PS4 had in 2014 so i made a list of the big hitters including COD, FIFA, Madden, NBA, Assassin's Creed, Destiny, GTAV, Watch Dogs, Dragon Age, Evil Within, Last of Us, Nathan Drake Collection, etc.

Somehow that evolved into people telling me COD/FIFA arent as big of system sellers as Mario/Zelda, which again i never said they were.

No biggie, but that one was actually 2015.

Chinese food for breakfast

zorg1000 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

yh... its the whole myopic view thing.

On one hand you have platform A with that has 2 games that will sell 1M consoles each.

On the other hand you have platform B that has 12 games that will sell 300K consoles each.

Platform B doesn't have games that are as big system sellers as console A, but it has a lot of them and thus ends up selling more consoles attached to games than platform A.

This has been sony's strategy since the PS1. Yet its still hard for a lot to see...... sony doesn't care to have that one game that sells 12 to 15M copies in that one or two genres. They want to have a game in every genre that sells very well and even in genres people didn't even think they wanted.