By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Philadelphia considers banning bulletproof glass because it’s racist

monocle_layton said:
Lawlight said:

Too dramatic? All I said was that this is insane. Is that word what made the OP too dramatic?

"World gone mad" isn't exactly calm reporting

World gone mad is how I’ve been making fun of these idiotic decisions. You read the OP so I’m sure you can see how silly her words are (even though you refused to believe it in the beginnng). If you took the words “world gone mad” literally then is that my fault?

Around the Network
Tulipanzo said:
-CraZed- said: 

Edit: it was again! Updated at bottom of story - CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story said the bulletproof glass provision had been removed.

Article title now reads (correctly btw): Bulletproof glass provision amended in 'Stop and Go' bill in Philadelphia City Council

“A provision requiring the removal of bulletproof glass from so-called 'Stop and Go' stores in Philadelphia was amended before being passed on Monday by city council. Instead, the provision was amended to provide L&I a three-year time frame to create regulations regarding the use and removal of that glass.”

Obviously the councilwoman is not the minority and the headline was not disproved. Philly is apparently moving forward with this policy,

I posted the article after the correction was made. 
The bill, which seems to be supported all in all, was criticized pretty much exclusively because of this provision.
This pretty much disproves the point that a) "the councilwoman is not [in] the minority" and b) the world has gone mad.

In addition it would be weird to provide a time-frame of three years for a department to not make changes to this provision, especially since it wasn't essential for the bill to move forward. 

I'd like to add that my main point, these threads being an excuse for people to whine about "the feminists" and the "SJWs", has absolutely not been been disproven. 
Because it can't. Y'all should get some fresh air

Lol, you’re the only one who used the word feminist in this thread. Good job.

A goofy city councilperson in one city proposes a change, and all of the sudden it's "World gone mad".

Are you going to start linking to, "Look what CRAAAAAZY thing Japan is doing now guys!!" articles next?

specialk said:
A goofy city councilperson in one city proposes a change, and all of the sudden it's "World gone mad".

Are you going to start linking to, "Look what CRAAAAAZY thing Japan is doing now guys!!" articles next?

I'm waiting for the saline face injections thread.  I believe we might of had one in the past.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/26/bagel-head-forehead-injections-japan-saline_n_1916188.html

specialk said:

So we ignore all the other world gone mad moments? I’ve created topics about some of them - feel free to look them up. I should create a new one every day - what do you think?

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Tulipanzo said:

I posted the article after the correction was made. 
The bill, which seems to be supported all in all, was criticized pretty much exclusively because of this provision.
This pretty much disproves the point that a) "the councilwoman is not [in] the minority" and b) the world has gone mad.

In addition it would be weird to provide a time-frame of three years for a department to not make changes to this provision, especially since it wasn't essential for the bill to move forward. 

I'd like to add that my main point, these threads being an excuse for people to whine about "the feminists" and the "SJWs", has absolutely not been been disproven. 
Because it can't. Y'all should get some fresh air

Lol, you’re the only one who used the word feminist in this thread. Good job.

🎵Somebody hasn't read his own thread🎵

Qwark, Page 1. Still, feel free to adjust to your pejorative du jour, point still stands.
In fact, point hasn't been challenged. 

Some of the comments I read embarrass me as fellow gamers. Tell me something: if you were mentally ill, truly perceptional impaired, how would you be able to tell?  Or how many people here live in Philly like me?  What is this thing you do on your keyboards and why is it so enjoyable to be so wrong?

stupidity taken to the next level!

CosmicSex said:

Some of the comments I read embarrass me as fellow gamers. Tell me something: if you were mentally ill, truly perceptional impaired, how would you be able to tell?  Or how many people here live in Philly like me?  What is this thing you do on your keyboards and why is it so enjoyable to be so wrong?

This is a dangerous bill. Concerned robbery will increase.

It's just surprising to see the bill passed. Will shops with bulletproof glass be forced to remove it?

monocle_layton said:
CosmicSex said:

This is a dangerous bill. Concerned robbery will increase.

It's just surprising to see the bill passed. Will shops with bulletproof glass be forced to remove it?

Yea the bill is just dumb. I read some article that seemed to be defending this bill or the lady for some reason. About how she shouldn't be held accountable for any future murders at those places.  

The ladies comments were all about the Stop and Go's being basically bad places. You know where the stores were selling drugs in the store, or they were selling crack bongs, or cough medicine (you know ingredients to make drugs) ect. She wanted them to become better places that sold like food or had restuarants or some such. You know the whole you make the atmosphere better the place becomes safer.

Makes complete sense. What doesn't make any sense though is removing the bullet proof glass first. There is no need to force/tell stores to remove their bullet proof glass. At the point that the store feels safe and looks safe, removing the bullet proof glass will be what they will want to do. It is just another thing that makes the store look even safer.

I mean think of all the convenient stores you have been to in your life. There is nothing that makes one think a place is more unsafe than walking in and seeing the clerk behind bullet proof glass. Whenever I go in those stores I think "whelp, better get what I need done quick and get out of here." Stores don't want to have bullet proof glass. It's expensive and sends the a message that this place is not safe. They only have it if they need it.